Thread: Cantonese Alan Tam song...in Mandarin??

Default Cantonese Alan Tam song...in Mandarin??

Hi!
    There's this alan Tam song I found on this new compilation CD I bought of his...which reminded me of an old song I listened to when I was several years younger. It's actually the same song, except this one is in Cantonese, while the one I remember is in Mandarin and slightly different.

I don't know if it's the same singer who sings it, but it's in Mandarin (the one I'm LOOKING for).

The song is titled in Cantonese,

再见亦是泪

Does anyone know who sings the other version, and if it has the same title, and what CD it's available on?

Thank you so much!

PS: How big is Alan Tam, in relation to the four heavenly kings? He seems to have an extensive music history and catalogue...why wasn't he ever in that group?

Hi!
    Don't worry! I found it for anyone else who wanted to know

找一個字代替

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricFlame View Post
    PS: How big is Alan Tam, in relation to the four heavenly kings? He seems to have an extensive music history and catalogue...why wasn't he ever in that group?
    Alan Tam's career zenith was well before the Four Heavenly Kings - the longest-serving of the Kings, Jacky Cheung, just started out singing while Alan and Leslie Cheung were at the peak of their powers (while Andy Lau, although already an established actor, had yet to make his mark musically). There are many older fans, myself included, that feel that at least two of the kings are nowhere near what Alan and Leslie managed to achieve, just that in those days they had no Kings classification.