Thread: Is there any reason why one's mail would not be delivered for an entire week?

Default Is there any reason why one's mail would not be delivered for an entire week?

I haven't gotten any mail this week...no bills, no junk mail, and not any of the three packages I've been expecting for more than a week now. It's weird, and a little scary. This has never happened to me. I talked to my local post office, and they say there's nothing wrong. What should I do?

You could try mailing something to yourself.
    "A girl asked me if she should spent money to change the way she look, I told her that she should use it to change her personality instead."

Quote Originally Posted by levendis d'orange View Post
    You could try mailing something to yourself.
    I just did. If I don't get my own mail back by Tuesday, then something stinks.

I dont think there's any need to panic.

Now on the other hand....if the Victoria Secret didnt come in...Id raise h*ll!!!!
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by oGaKirA View Post
    I dont think there's any need to panic.
    I've called my bank and my credit card companies. None of them report anything strange going on with my mailing address, so that's a relief.

Of course, it still doesn't solve the mystery of what's going on. I'm going to have to talk to the postmaster soon.

If anything, there is nothing wrong with your mailing address. There are toooo many variables there with many pple with your address that may be mailing you.

Now what is possible is....someone stealing ur mail.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Maybe the mailing office is on a short (without notice) break?
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Maybe the mailing office is on a short (without notice) break?
    It wouldn't affect *just* me. The other folks using the same mailbox service that I do have been getting their mail just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by oGaKirA View Post
    Now what is possible is....someone stealing ur mail.
    That's what I'm afraid of...but if that's the case, there are only two possibilities: somebody in the post office or somebody at the mailbox service that I use.

Neither one is likely, although both are possible. Why would they steal from me? There's nothing that valuable they could steal. Anything they could steal from me, they could also steal from any other person.

Is there any reason...
    I think can of a few possibilities:

1. Random chance; there's nothing wrong, but something like this happens once in a blue moon

2. Nobody sent you anything

3. Someone has been stealing your mail

4. You actually did get your mail, but while you were sleeping, aliens erased those memories from your head.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    I think can of a few possibilities:

1. Random chance; there's nothing wrong, but something like this happens once in a blue moon
    I hope that's just the case. It is odd, however. It's never happened to me in my adult life. Of course, I really wouldn't mind if my creditors all just disappeared, but obviously that isn't the case.

2. Nobody sent you anything
    That's not likely. There are people who want me to pay bills every month. There are also people who relentlessly market their merchandise and services to me through the mail. Finally, there are three packages that I believe should have been delivered a few days ago, and they have not arrived yet either.

I've gone two, maybe three days without getting mail, but never a whole week. The fact that there are no bills or junk mail is very strange, and topping that with the three packages that should have, but haven't arrived is weirding me out.

3. Someone has been stealing your mail
    I sure hope not. I have to talk to the postmaster about this.

4. You actually did get your mail, but while you were sleeping, aliens erased those memories from your head.
    This one, I'm not worried about at all.

Maybe your mail was accidently sent to someone else's address and they have not given it to you?? That happens to us and luckily people are always nice enough to return it to the post office or they go to our house and give it to us if they live nearby... You should ask the post office.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Maybe your mail was accidently sent to someone else's address and they have not given it to you?? That happens to us and luckily people are always nice enough to return it to the post office or they go to our house and give it to us if they live nearby... You should ask the post office.
    That's what I was thinking. If you use a private mailbox service perhaps your mail was delivered to another box by mistake. I have a post office box and occasionally get mail for other boxholders, usually the box next to mine or a box that has a similar box number.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。