Cai Yi Zhen (Wu Xiong) - Xiao Qiao
    Xie Kun Da - Lu Bu
    Nylon Chen - Cao Cao
    Zhang Hao Ming (Jin Bao San) - Jiang Gan
    Zeng Zi Yu - Hua Tuo
    Bu Xue Liang - Wang Yun
    Pets Chen - Sun Shang Xiang
    Jiro Wang - Sun Ce

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/picture.php?albumid=111&pictureid=1743')

Has anyone watched this series? It's the sequel to The X-Family and KO One, but the cast has changed a lot. Jiro, Arron and Calvin only guest starred in episode 1 as Da Dong, Xiao Yu and Ya Se. The only character from the 2 prequels that remains is Xiu as he impersonates his 'alternate counterpart' in the Silver Dimension. The other X-Family and Ko One cast that play major roles in this series are George Hu, Cai Yi Zhen and Jin Bao San.
    Last edited by kidd; 06-16-09 at 01:33 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

well ive never watched the other two. can anyone explain what this is about? not just this series, but the other ones as well? ive started liking george hu after watching romantic princess

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    well ive never watched the other two. can anyone explain what this is about? not just this series, but the other ones as well? ive started liking george hu after watching romantic princess
    All 3 series are fantasy series. These series take place in a world that consist of 2 kind of people, people born with super power and people who don't. People who are born with superpower will have ability like super strength and able to do spells. Also, the world in this trilogy consist of many dimensions. For those people who have power they will have alternative counterparts in other dimension (actually anyone can have alternative counterparts because the normal human might have an alternative counterpart with power in another dimension). KO One takes place in the Gold Dimension. This is where Da Dong (Jiro Wang), Ya Se (Calvin Chen) and Xiao Yu (Arron Yan) came from. The X-Family takes place in the Iron Dimension, where the story revolves around the alternate counterpart of Da Dong call Xia Tian. Xiu (Chen De Xiu) is actually from the Iron Dimension but he often travels between Gold and Iron Dimension. K.O.3anguo takes place in the Silver Dimension.

People travel through dimension using the Time-Space Door. Only people with over 8000 points power can travel through. These power points are called different names in different dimension. In Gold Dimension it's called 'Fighting Points', in Iron Dimension it's called 'Special Power Points', in Silver Dimension it's called 'Martial Points'.

In Silver Dimension, people have names and characteristics of characters in Romance of the 3 Kingdoms. That's why it's called 'Zhong Ji 3 Guo' in chinese.

Ko One's story is more small scale and not as well developed as The X-Family where they have a complete setting on how the world works. KO One focus on activities in a school and only the last 3rd moving to saving the world. The X-Family is bigger scale and more fantasy than KO One. The X-Family focus on the Xia Lan Xing De family but have a lot more supernatural happenings and have many substories involved. There's also demons, astral world etc.

I think K.O.3anguo again focus in the school, but there will be plot of world domination according to synopsis. I've only started watching episode 1 yesterday. Initially, I just wanted to watch Calvin's guest star role and didn't plan to continue. But now, I'm kind of interested to see how Xiu deals with his 'ordeal' in Silver Dimension. He was forced to take the real Liu Bei's place by Da Dong, Ya Se, Xiao Yu. They outvoted him. So, he's actually very unwilling.

All 3 series has a weird kind of comic style. The comic style is kinda silly but funny nonetheless.

Btw, George Hu is also in The X-Family. He doesn't appear very often though. Only more in the later part of the series. You can check out his character here.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...88.E7.8E.8B.29

All 3 series has very detailed info in wikipedia. Here are the links. You can check them out.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KO_One
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_X-Family
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K.O.3an_Guo
    Last edited by kidd; 04-01-09 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    All 3 series are fantasy series. These series take place in a world that consist of 2 kind of people, people born with super power and people who don't. People who are born with superpower will have ability like super strength and able to do spells. Also, the world in this trilogy consist of many dimensions. For those people who have power they will have alternative counterparts in other dimension (actually anyone can have alternative counterparts because the normal human might have an alternative counterpart with power in another dimension). KO One takes place in the Gold Dimension. This is where Da Dong (Jiro Wang), Ya Se (Calvin Chen) and Xiao Yu (Arron Yan) came from. The X-Family takes place in the Iron Dimension, where the story revolved around the alternate counterpart of Da Dong call Xia Tian. Xiu (Chen De Xiu) is actually from the Iron Dimension but he often travels between Gold and Iron Dimension. K.O.3anguo takes place in the Silver Dimension.

People travels through dimension using the Time-Space Door. Only people with over 8000 points power can travel through. These power points are called different names in different dimension. In Gold Dimension it's called 'Fighting Points', in Iron Dimension it's called 'Special Power Points', in Silver Dimension it's called 'Martial Points'.

In Silver Dimension, people have names and characteristics of characters in Romance of the 3 Kingdom. That's why it's called 'Zhong Ji 3 Guo' in chinese.

Ko One's story is more small scale and not as well developed as The X-Family where they have a complete setting on how the world works. KO One focus on activities in a school and only the last 3rd moving to saving the world. The X-Family is bigger scale and more fantasy than KO One. The X-Family focus on the Xia Lan Xing De family but have a lot more supernatural happenings and have many substories involved. There's also demons, astral world etc.

I think K.O.3anguo again focus in the school, but there will be plot of world domination according to synopsis. I've only started watching episode 1 yesterday. Initially, I just wanted to watch Calvin's guest star role and didn't plan to continue. But now, I'm kind of interested to see how Xiu deals with his 'ordeal' in Silver Dimension. He was forced to take the real Liu Bei's place by Da Dong, Ya Se, Xiao Yu. They outvoted him. So, he's actually very unwilling.

All 3 series has a weird kind of comic style. The comic style is kinda silly but funny nonetheless.

Btw, George Hu is also in The X-Family. He doesn't appear very often though. Only more in the later part of the series. You can check out his character here.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...88.E7.8E.8B.29

All 3 series has very detailed info in wikipedia. Here are the links. You can check them out.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KO_One
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_X-Family
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K.O.3an_Guo
    oooh. ok. thank you!!!!!!!

it looks pretty interesting. i might check it out.

i love the ending theme 'gou ai'.
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

Hi, big master.

Are you watching this series? I'm watching it slowly. Currently only up to episode 2. I like Xiu and Zhang Fei. They are so funny. Xiu was always series in KO One and the The X-Family. It's refreshing to see him act silly with Zhang Fei. The part where he sings 'Gou Ai' with Zhang Fei is so silly and he looks so lost and embarrass.

I wonder whether they will show how the real Liu Bei is doing in Gold Dimension. I really can't guess what will happen in the end when Liu Bei comes back. Xiu is a righteous guy, but the real Liu Bei is very devious. How can he take over what Xiu has built?

hi kidd i havent seen this one yet but sometimes, i browse the channels on tv and i get to watch bits by bits...but it seems like a fun series..im planning on buying the dvd...
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

It's kinda annoying reading some comments in youtube like 'it's better that FRH play the main roles', 'FRH is better', ' It's a pity that FRH is busy and play the main role', 'it's not Zhong Ji anymore without FRH', 'the new actors are terrible'. (But, I'm glad that the good comments out numbered these kind of comments)

They are all so bias. I can understand that there are comments like this in the first few clips. But every clip in the 2 episodes I've seen (1 episode divided into 7 clips) have comments like this.

Give the new actors a chance lah. The FRH weren't that superb in acting either in KO One. The new actors acted decently and some ar actually good. Not inferior to the FRH.

Why is it not Zhong Ji trilogy just because FRH are not the leads? FRH did make guest appearances and they use back the same world setting, same wacky style of humour, some old cast members like George Hu, Wu Xiong, Xiu, Dao Ba Jie Sheng, Jin Bao San etc.

I'm a Calvin fan who has been waiting for his new series for ages (you know how few projects he has compared to other FRH members), but, I still don't mind that he only guest stars in this series. I still enjoy the series.

Initially, I was only hooked by Xiu's storyline, but, now I start to like some other new characters like Zhang Fei and Cao Cao. Huang Zhong is also very cool.
    Last edited by kidd; 04-04-09 at 01:06 AM.

i think george hu is a decent actor..havent really seen much of him but i liked him in wu shi lang and he seems cool here too
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

I hope Xiu will have more things to do later on. Xiu was very passive in the first to episode because he does not want to disrupt the balance of the dimensions. So, he tries to do as little as possible.

I'm also following this series, and it's really refreshing to see new faces...
    The storyline is also improving with each sequel... KO One was rather slapstick, but it had his good moments... The X-Family was really good... and KO 3anguo lives up to it's predecessor...

George Hu is a really decent actor, and he's improved a lot.. i felt his acting was a little wooden in X-Family, but his character as Guan Yu really allows him to explore a range of emotions...

It's great to see Xiu having more screen time here... he's really funny when he is embarrassed, or trying a cover his slip-up in his speech... too bad he's not allowed to use his powers in the dimension... I relished the latest episode where he finally showed his powers...

The WU Hu Jiang are also really good looking! Especially Huang Zhong! He's so cool when he shooting people with his arm weapon!

I wish Xiao Qiao has more screen time, and I think my wish will be coming true in Ep 8! Wu Xiong is a versatile actress, thus I wish they would stop typecasting her in these roles that make her character seem a little awkward.. her roles are always the ones to provide comic relief... But I'm looking forward to her interactions with Cao Cao and Zhao Yun!

I only lament one area in the show, and that is Diao Chan... I find the character very bland.. not sure if it's because she's the "perfect" one, who's supposed to be beautiful, smart AND kind, and no one can find fault with her... or it's the actress who is playing her... I know Kirsten is a newbie at acting, but somehow I find myself wanting to fast-forward her scenes in the show...

Quote Originally Posted by pdt_85 View Post
    I only lament one area in the show, and that is Diao Chan... I find the character very bland.. not sure if it's because she's the "perfect" one, who's supposed to be beautiful, smart AND kind, and no one can find fault with her... or it's the actress who is playing her... I know Kirsten is a newbie at acting, but somehow I find myself wanting to fast-forward her scenes in the show...
    No doubt Kirsten's acting is raw, this being her first acting job. But, she's not that bad. I think the reason for her blandness is more how her character is written. Like you said, she's perfect. She's beautiful, smart, kind, gentle, and has no idiosyncrasies like the other characters. She's also the only one who didn't react to Zhao Yun's heart-capturing/breaking eyes. How boring is that? If she has any special power, she would be a Mary Sue.

Blogs:
    http://blog.xuite.net/gtvtv/KO3anguo
    Photos:
    http://championko3.pixnet.net/album

Got this from asianfanatics. Benji looks really good without his bandanna.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3542/3397934930_012a081241.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by pdt_85 View Post
    I'm also following this series, and it's really refreshing to see new faces...
    The storyline is also improving with each sequel... KO One was rather slapstick, but it had his good moments... The X-Family was really good... and KO 3anguo lives up to it's predecessor...
    I think during KO One, they were still in experimental stage. They create the storyline as they go along with the series. Maybe that's why the series started out with school live but on the second half move on to good vs evil and saving the world. They still have not have a concrete setting for the world in KO One. After the experience with KO One, they have a better concept for the setting in the series, thus, The X-Family is plotted better.
    Last edited by kidd; 04-15-09 at 12:18 AM.

Just finish watching epsiode 3. Kirsten Ren really can't shout properly. Reminds me An Qi's shouting in KO One. So bad. No urgency or desperation at all eventhough she's being kidnapped.

One aspect this series is better than its 2 prequels is that they actually show the fight scenes. In the 2 prequels, the fight were either block from view using walls, bushes or off camera, or it's just energy battle. But, this installment, you can actually see actors fight.

Currently, Cao Cao is friends with the 5 tigers and Xiu. I really love their rapport. Hope Cao Cao won't turn bad later and become their enemy. Hope the story won't follow Romance of the 3 Kingdoms complete. I don't want Cao Cao to turn bad. I like Cao Cao.

Xiao Qiao is also getting cuter and cuter.
    Last edited by kidd; 04-18-09 at 11:31 AM.

Watching episode 6. I'm liking Cao Cao more and more. Now I like him as much as Xiu liao. They rank the same first place in my favourite list.

Nylon Chen is also verty talended. Can sing, play piano and compose songs.

Btw, the end song 'Gou Ai' was composed by Xiu.

Haha, Jiro will appear again, and this time not as Wang Da Dong, but, as WDD's alternate counterpart in Silver Dimension. I think he will play one of Sun Shang Xiang's brothers, but dunno which one.

This show is hilarious (Crap-pier than K.O 1 and 2)! I am chasing it every week! Love Xiu and Jiro (A surprise to see him)!
    I am grateful when new friends come into my life, but old friends are the best. I know this is true because of YOU.