Thread: Translation (from Chinese)

Question Translation (from Chinese)

I create this section for the love of the translators and translatees.

Translators - the giver, the teacher; those who would like to help out others to translate a line, a quote, etc. from chinese to english or any language you'd know.

Translat-ees - well, simply put - the receiver, the enthusiastic learner.

Translat-eirs - the giver and receiver; just as vhat I'm doing right now!
    __________________________________________________ ___________

I read this from somewhere (forgot where), part of a song I supposed:

天上风筝在天上飞
    地上人儿在地上追

my translation: The kite, let to reach the skies, flies in the sky. The people, meant to be on the ground, chasing (the kite, probably) on the grounds.

Anyone has an alternate translation? Please share.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that, I also meant to ask: what does this 2 lines mean to you?
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 04-03-09 at 12:38 AM. Reason: forgot to add my last line. thanks KeongJai!
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

it just means "kite flying in the sky, people chasing after it on the ground." what's the rest of the words to put it into context? probably something about trying to get/do something but not having the ability/confidence.

Banned

I not much creative idea but not between flying machines made of metal and rivets.I want to know more about this and I enjoy this lot .

Translation:

Kite in the skies, flying above.
    Person on the fields, chasing beneath.

I guess I'm not particularly poetic, so I don't see anything more than what these two lines meant, that is, a person flying a kite.
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    I create this section for the love of the translators and translatees.

Translators - the giver, the teacher; those who would like to help out others to translate a line, a quote, etc. from chinese to english or any language you'd know.

Translat-ees - well, simply put - the receiver, the enthusiastic learner.

Translat-eirs - the giver and receiver; just as vhat I'm doing right now!
    __________________________________________________ ___________

I read this from somewhere (forgot where), part of a song I supposed:

天上风筝在天上飞
    地上人儿在地上追

my translation: The kite, let to reach the skies, flies in the sky. The people, meant to be on the ground, chasing (the kite, probably) on the grounds.

Anyone has an alternate translation? Please share.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that, I also meant to ask: what does this 2 lines mean to you?
    Your "The kite, let to reach the skies, flies in the sky. The people, meant to be on the ground, chasing (the kite, probably) on the grounds." is a quite nice translation. However, I am afraid the Chinese originals of these two lines are not as poetic as your translation is. It's just part of nursery rhyme to me. It wouldn't be part of a song / music to adult ears.
    A fan of Wu Xia stories and an expert in language translation.

Hello everyone, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask. (I usually just visit the series forums for reviews.) A friend of mine bought a sword at a fair with some words written on it, we don't speak Chinese or Japanese, I'm wondering if anyone recognizes the words and can help translating them & their significance on sword. Thank you very much.

For some reason the link isn't working. I'm trying to post the picture. Other options to post images aren't working for me either. Could someone who speaks Chinese please private message me so I can email you the image?
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://s242.photobucket.com/user/cosmosflowers/media/Sword.jpg')

.....just sent private messages to few members... hoping for reply....
    Last edited by snowlynx; 09-04-17 at 02:14 AM.

Since you can't post your pic here, yes you can send private message to me and I will try to help translate it if those characters are indeed in Chinese...
    A fan of Wu Xia stories and an expert in language translation.

Many thanks for your reply. My problem is now solved. In case anyone else wants to share ideas...

"The 7 characters I can see from this pic are: 今古有神奉志士
    This line doesn't really make much sense to me, but still let me try to put out some "translation" for it anyway. It might be saying something like "There are gods in both ancient times and nowadays to support men with ambitions"..."

Banned

Using a translator is not a good option with such complex things. Have you tried to contact a freelancer to do a task like this?

it is interesting