Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Underrated actresses

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    I agree that she should not be considered under LYF, but I think the role placement had more to do with choice of character than hierarchical placement.

And I don't think sharing a lead with Zhou Xun is a small thing. ZX has been around for a very long time and won many major awards. She's also considered one of the 四小花旦 and has been a major actress for longer than LBB has. Besides, Fengsheng had an all star cast so I think for any actor/actress to be in it should be considered a very big thing.
    I know what you mean about sharing lead with Zhou Xun. It's an honour to be sharing lead with her. What I mean was I have yet to see a movie where she's credited as first lead.

When I heard they'd be in Fengsheng together, my first thought was 'how interesting!' because Zhou Xun and LBB happened to start their acting career around the same time but with different fates. Zhou Xun shot to fame with her role as Princess Taiping in Da Ming Gong Ci, whereas LBB only had a guest star role. And in the next ten years, LBB usually stayed in the background, until recently Huayi Brothers suddenly realized how impt she is, and gave her all that she deserves at one go. When they're in Fengsheng, there must be a lot of memories going back ten years.

Showbiz is really an interesting place. Anything can happen.

^Now that you mention it, it's true that LBB hasn't really gotten her own major lead role. I personally prefer ZX, but LBB is quite an established actress and wonderfully talented, so she definitely deserves to have something. So yeah, I guess I'd also call her underrated.

^Now that you mention it, it's true that LBB hasn't really gotten her own major lead role. I personally prefer ZX, but LBB is quite an established actress and wonderfully talented, so she definitely deserves to have something. So yeah, I guess I'd also call her underrated.
    Wasn't she lead in "Eight Heroes", and "Romancing Hong Kong"?

^She was lead on her own in Eight Heroes. And isn't FBB's role bigger than LBB's in that one?
    I've never heard of Romancing Hong Kong; is it something major? I don't know very much about modern series.

^She was lead on her own in Eight Heroes. And isn't FBB's role bigger than LBB's in that one?
    I've never heard of Romancing Hong Kong; is it something major? I don't know very much about modern series.
    No, I believe her role was the main female lead (bigger than FBB). Romancing Hong Kong (co-stars with Aaron Kwok) was pretty popular, though there were two female leads, but I think LBB was the first one. Also, there's Sword of the Outlaws-female lead.

She's actually in a lot of series as the female lead.
    You can check dramawiki for other series..
    http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Li_Bing_Bing

Quote Originally Posted by GeShiYuan View Post
    No, I believe her role was the main female lead (bigger than FBB). Romancing Hong Kong (co-stars with Aaron Kwok) was pretty popular, though there were two female leads, but I think LBB was the first one. Also, there's Sword of the Outlaws-female lead.

She's actually in a lot of series as the female lead.
    You can check dramawiki for other series..
    http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Li_Bing_Bing
    Yes, she definitely had more screentime than FBB in The Eight Heroes. FBB is more like a guest star role in the first few episodes.

And yes, she's in a lot of series as lead, including Hui Niang Wan Xin with Li Zonghan and also as Meng Lijun in Eternal Happiness.

But in movies, she's not so much usually the first lead. For example, in The Knots where she won Best Actress, her screentime was actually much less than Vivian Hsu. In A World Without Thieves, she's like second lead, but has been credited as a supporting actress.

I agree with you that she's not that under-rated these days. She's been getting tons of endorsements and appearing in every major charity show. If she doesn't appear as lead, it's probably a matter of choice since she's like the Big Sister in Huayi now.