Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "You can't park your horse here!" - the minor annoyances of living in wulin.

Quote Originally Posted by sniffles View Post
    I've seen people holding their sleeves in movies and tv shows, but my personal experience has been that I still get my sleeves in my food, chopsticks or not, even with the sleeves held back or rolled up. I do a fair amount of costuming at conventions, and many non-wuxia costumes have big floppy sleeves.

Maybe I'm just a clumsy eater.
    practice makes perfect.
    conclusion: wear your wuxia outfit more often.

I've seen people holding their sleeves in movies and tv shows, but my personal experience has been that I still get my sleeves in my food, chopsticks or not, even with the sleeves held back or rolled up. I do a fair amount of costuming at conventions, and many non-wuxia costumes have big floppy sleeves.

Maybe I'm just a clumsy eater.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    practice makes perfect.
    conclusion: wear your wuxia outfit more often.
    Yes. RYY brought up a good point. Perhaps for them this is a form of lifestyle and a lot of our annoyances are just our amatuer and modern perspective. But for them it is a lifestyle which has been ingrained since youth, so it's an art they've perfected. That's how they do it with such ease and have no visible discomfort.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Reminds me of this show when the female wuxia expert, after sex, told the guy not to worry about her getting pregnant, for she can use her internal energy to force the sperms out!
    Would you love me in the Twilight Zone?

If one is to judge by what one sees in tv shows, one discomfort that seems to be evident in Wuxia-world is that it's always cold!

I swear, they must only shoot tv shows during the winter. In virtually every wuxia tv series I've watched, you can always see the actors' breath, even when they're indoors.

I wouldn't want to live in the world of the 2006 version of ROCH, either. It was awfully windy there! lol
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

If one is to judge by what one sees in tv shows, one discomfort that seems to be evident in Wuxia-world is that it's always cold!

I swear, they must only shoot tv shows during the winter. In virtually every wuxia tv series I've watched, you can always see the actors' breath, even when they're indoors.

I wouldn't want to live in the world of the 2006 version of ROCH, either. It was awfully windy there! lol
    If that is the case then you haven't watch many TVB serials. I don't see the actors's breath even when they have snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    If that is the case then you haven't watch many TVB serials. I don't see the actors's breath even when they have snow.
    Well that is because it is not so cold in HK, while it is pretty cold in China.... A number of the Mainland Chinese series that I have seen are all filmed during winter or something...However, I don't think every series is filmed in the winter.Also, the snowy backgrounds are usually real for the most part in China while in HK it is all fake....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Could it be because it's easier to film the action scenes in cool/cold weather? I dunno
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner