Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I understand...

Default I understand...

...that translations for all three stories in the CONDOR HEROES TRILOGY have been translated into English now by our crew of volunteers.

Could someone please provide links to the three translated stories?

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    ...that translations for all three stories in the CONDOR HEROES TRILOGY have been translated into English now by our crew of volunteers.

Could someone please provide links to the three translated stories?
    This is Fox`s webpage. You can find the whole trilogy there:
    http://members.cox.net/foxs/

Happy reading Ken!!! Now people can't harass you about reading the novel and your already well writen responses will be backed by novel evidence (aka 9yang lawl)...see you when your out of the QK bag lol....
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

I understand...
    For me, it's English, Chinese, and a little bit of Spanish.

ARTS
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by muidi View Post
    This is Fox`s webpage. You can find the whole trilogy there:
    http://members.cox.net/foxs/
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by duguxiaojing View Post
    Happy reading Ken!!! Now people can't harass you about reading the novel and your already well writen responses will be backed by novel evidence (aka 9yang lawl)...see you when your out of the QK bag lol....
    You guys are in a world of trouble now.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    For me, it's English, Chinese, and a little bit of Spanish.

ARTS
    Eh...not up to your usual standards, PJ.

OK, hold on a cotton-picking minute...

All three novels have been translated and LOCH and ROCH are in beautiful PDF format with illustrations and all.

But HSDS hasn't been brought consistent with the other two novels yet!

"Sigh." Another delay.

What happened to Wuxiapedia?

OK, hold on a cotton-picking minute...

All three novels have been translated and LOCH and ROCH are in beautiful PDF format with illustrations and all.

But HSDS hasn't been brought consistent with the other two novels yet!

"Sigh." Another delay.
    By the time you get to HSDS, that would be in .pdf as well. Or would the next excuse be that it isn't yet in print?

Personally, I prefer the novels in .txt format, which I read in Notepad.

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    By the time you get to HSDS, that would be in .pdf as well. Or would the next excuse be that it isn't yet in print?
    Hey, I *want* to read these, but I absolutely insist on complete consistency. I think of these three stories as a unit, and anything that gets in the way of this appearance of unity is something I just won't tolerate.

Remember: I held off on buying the LOCH '82 and ROCH '83 DVDs for a year because HSDS '86 hadn't been released.

The same applies to these novels. Unless they're ALL fully there in the same format, I'm not going to peek.

Y'all contact me again when they're REALLY, really all done.

Hey, I *want* to read these, but I absolutely insist on complete consistency. I think of these three stories as a unit, and anything that gets in the way of this appearance of unity is something I just won't tolerate.

Remember: I held off on buying the LOCH '82 and ROCH '83 DVDs for a year because HSDS '86 hadn't been released.

The same applies to these novels. Unless they're ALL fully there in the same format, I'm not going to peek.

Geez, Ken. You sound like a prissy little princess. Would you like them printed out in book format and a pretty maiden to turn the pages for you while serving you hot tea?

Quote Originally Posted by KJ View Post
    Geez, Ken. You sound like a prissy little princess. Would you like them printed out in book format and a pretty maiden to turn the pages for you while serving you hot tea?
    Couple of months ago, that might've gotten you banned.

Why not "evil, oppressive fascist dictator?" Why do I always get these "girly" descriptions?

I fully cop to being evil and oppressive.

Girly? No way in hell.

It's a good thing you're not a programmer then. If a programmer releases software only when it's been fully tested, is fully functional, and devoid of any bugs, it would never be released.

Dude, thats funny as hell man....hahahaha

Ken, a question for ya...

All three novels were not translated by the same group of people...is that also gonna stop you?

QF
    有了你開心D乜都清心滿意鹹魚白菜也好好味

Quote Originally Posted by QF View Post
    Dude, thats funny as hell man....hahahaha

Ken, a question for ya...

All three novels were not translated by the same group of people...is that also gonna stop you?

QF
    Nah, that's all right as long as it all looks the same.

??? You refuse to read it because it isn't PDF'd properly?! Jesus, Ken, if it's that big of a deal to you, just PDF it your own darn self.

I can see where the princess comment is coming from. It's the equivalent of someone cooking you a twelve course meal for free, then you complaining and refusing to eat because they didn't bring the food out in matching plates.

And you wonder why you get the 'prissy' comments as opposed to the 'dictator' comments...
    Last edited by Ren Wo Xing; 04-09-09 at 06:07 PM.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    ??? Jesus, if it's that big of a deal to you, just PDF it your own darn self...
    PDFCreator (freeware/open source)

??? You refuse to read it because it isn't PDF'd properly?! Jesus, Ken, if it's that big of a deal to you, just PDF it your own damn self.

I can see where the princess comment is coming from. It's the equivalent of someone cooking you a twelve course meal for free, then you complaining and refusing to eat because they didn't bring the food out in matching plates.

And you wonder why you get the 'prissy' comments as opposed to the 'dictator' comments...
    Would you prefer to see the dictator, Ren?

I'd prefer you ate the food, buddy. The translation effort has been a multiyear project involving many people and literally millions of words of translated text. By my best estimate based on my own translation time spent on DGSD, translators have spent thousands of hours on this, so people like you and me can enjoy it in English. I am honestly, genuinely shocked that your reaction is "Y'all contact me again when they're REALLY, really all done" because you don't like the formatting.

Maybe we're all taking it the wrong way, but I'm getting such a vibe of lack of appreciation and entitlement from that comment (which I'm pretty sure is what spurred the 'princess' comment). Every other single reader keeps on top of the ongoing translations by themselves, but you not only want others to format it to your liking, you also want them to give you alerts?

Seriously man? I mean, seriously?

In the past, I know you've commented that you can't read Chinese and aren't willing to expend the effort to learn it just for reading wuxia, so you have to wait for the translations. And that's cool, that's totally fair. But how about now, when the actual translating part is done? I'm sure you're capable of finding the various threads yourself, of putting all the parts together yourself, and of pdf'ing it (maybe with pannonian's link) yourself. Yeah, you're an old fogey who lives in 80's TVB (god bless'm), but I know you can do all of this; hell, you're better than most when it comes to thread searching, and even I've requested you to help me scrounge up old threads from time to time.

So what's stopping you? Why are you telling us/the translators to do it, then 'contact you again' after they do so?
    Last edited by Ren Wo Xing; 04-09-09 at 06:07 PM.

I'd prefer you ate the food, buddy. The translation effort has been a multiyear project involving many people and literally millions of words of translated text. By my best estimate based on my own translation time spent on DGSD, translators have spent thousands of hours on this, so people like you and me can enjoy it in English. I am honestly, genuinely appalled that your reaction is "Y'all contact me again when they're REALLY, really all done" because you don't like the formatting.

Maybe we're all taking it the wrong way, but I'm getting such a vibe of lack of appreciation and entitlement from that comment. Every other single reader keeps on top of the ongoing translations by themselves, but you not only want others to format it to your liking, you also want them to give you alerts?

Seriously man? I mean, seriously?
    Before Foxs formatted them, none of the novels were in pdf format, but were in text either on the wuxiapedia site, or scattered across numerous sites and spcnet forums. When I first read the gaps between the wuxiapedia texts of HSDS and what zhaomin had on her site, I had to navigate through her forums, finding what I could, and appreciating what I could find, even though zhaomin's translations were of the 1st edition and with Anglo-Vietnamese names. And even then, there was a gap missing after chapter 27 or so, which was filled by Temujin's epitome. Similarly with SPW and googling for lanny lin's translations, finished at the end by pokit. Right now, I've collected all the translations I can find of DGSD, which has a large segment in the beginning from you and wuxiapedia, then fragments here and there. It's not complete, but I'm grateful enough for what there is.

When Foxs was doing his LOCH translation, I was constantly comparing the 2003 adaptation to the translated novel. That's probably why I'm so impressed with the adaptation, as the feeling of watching the series and reading the novel was so similar, that reading the text again would bring up images of the 2003 series (even though I saw the 1983 series first).

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    Before Foxs formatted them, none of the novels were in pdf format, but were in text either on the wuxiapedia site, or scattered across numerous sites and spcnet forums. When I first read the gaps between the wuxiapedia texts of HSDS and what zhaomin had on her site, I had to navigate through her forums, finding what I could, and appreciating what I could find, even though zhaomin's translations were of the 1st edition and with Anglo-Vietnamese names. And even then, there was a gap missing after chapter 27 or so, which was filled by Temujin's epitome. Similarly with SPW and googling for lanny lin's translations, finished at the end by pokit. Right now, I've collected all the translations I can find of DGSD, which has a large segment in the beginning from you and wuxiapedia, then fragments here and there. It's not complete, but I'm grateful enough for what there is.
    Exactly, that's how I'd been doing it as well. That's how most people do it, I think. You piece it together from here and there.