Thread: American Idol 8

Default American Idol 8

What are your thoughts? Who are your favs? What are your fav performances to date?

Adam Lambert is my favourite, and I think he has what it takes to win and become successful. He is a good singer, has a great personality, and also got the looks.

At this stage, the vocal abilities of the contestants are all about the same, i.e. they all can sing fairly well.

Adam stands out to me, because not only can he sing, he is an incredible performer on stage. Everything from his body movement to facial expression is very professional and suit his songs well. As well, it seems to me that Adam has a much deeper understanding of what music is and about the meanings of the songs, which is why he can perform them with such emotion and sincerity, and that is something you can't really learn or fake.

My favourite performance was probably when Adam sang "Mad World" and "Tracks of My Tears." Both songs had such incredible emotion and understanding, and he just did amazing.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

The top 7 have all got impressive performances except for Lil Rounds.

I have a soft spot for Anoop Desai since he is in the minority. He voice is soulful with a kind of mystical quality to it and is perfect for ballads.

Looks like the frontrunner is Adam Lambert.

I used to have 4 favorites : Adam, Alisson, Anoop & Danny....but lately, I found Danny is getting more boring. Don't get me wrong, I still like his voice but he doesn't 'wow' me anymore like during his audition/Hollywood week. So that left Triple A as my faves

I like Anoop since his audition, but I can't see him moved into Top 3 since he's been in Bottom 3 often (doesn't have big fanbase).

I never liked Matt or Lil Rounds. I don't get what's so special about Matt that made the judges saved him this week. Kris is likeable, but not very special *at least for me*

Most memorable performance : Adam's Ring of Fire (strange twist but I liked it) & Mad World.

Overall, I still love season 7's David Cook much more than anybody in season 8. Last year I voted like crazy for him. This year, I haven't felt moved yet to vote for the Triple A

I was actually talking about Anoop with my dad (whom I watch the show with). We both like Anoop - he's my second favourite, to be honest. We both felt that he did not deserve to be in the bottom three both this week and last week. We were thinking that it may be a somewhat racial thing, in the sense that the demographics of the audience watching just don't have enough support for Anoop, evne though he is great.

I liked Danny before, but he's sort of getting boring. The thing with Danny is that, vocally he is not that much better than the others. But he has a very touching background story, which I think definitely helped him win votes.
    My love and my agony.

I hope anoop wins...but i'm sure he's out...bottom 3 in the last 3 weeks. The guy is awkward as heck but sounds like brian mknight. I prefer him to gokey and giraud. Lambert will prob win this year. He absolutly killed track of my tears...and that donnie darko song last week. Only okay this week though i thought....
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Matt is my least favourite now. I don't know why they saved him (but I guess given that the save was only for two more weeks, they might as well, since he'll probably he out next week anyway).

Anoop is good, but vocally he's not the best one there. He's got a great personality though.

I think it may be a Kris, Adam, and Danny top three. Matt and Lil will be going soon - Matt because he's not as good as the other ones, Lil because she's starting to lose her charms. Anoop because he just doesn't have a large enough fan base. Alison because even though she's got a great voice, and her personality is kind of cute, she just seems to be missing something.
    My love and my agony.

People, we need to start voting for Anoop. Show some support to him

Yeah, Lil Rounds only good during her audition. After that, she went downhill. And her attitude toward judges also didn't help at all.

Adam-Danny-Kris are the only people left that never sent to Bottom 3, aren't they?

I seriously believe Adam should win this season - if not, there's something wrong with America.