Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Physician/ Doctor in Jin Yong Universe

Default Who is the best doctor of JY's world?

No poll for more discussion also I forgot their names. Is it Dr.Wu of HSDS, Dr.Ping of SPW, the one from FFSM, ZWJ, XZ, or others?

Without a shadow of doubt, he who obtained unparalleled mastery in every subject under heaven, whose knowledge in medicine exceeded the #1 doctor in DGSD by at least 5 times: The CAREFREE ONE Wuyazi!
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Without a shadow of doubt, he who obtained unparalleled mastery in every subject under heaven, whose knowledge in medicine exceeded the #1 doctor in DGSD by at least 5 times: The CAREFREE ONE Wuyazi!
    What? Why?
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Hu Qingniu would be high on the list.

Xuzhu wouldn't be one of the best doctors, he's got plenty of knowledge from Lingjiu Palace, but not quite a professional doctor in all aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    What? Why?
    Xue GODLY DOCTOR's master is STUDENT of Wuyazi.

What? Why?
    Why what? Why I rate Wuyazi as the #1 doctor of all time, or why he is >5 times better than the #1 known doctor in DGSD?

In DGSD, it's stated that Dr. Xue Muhua, the God of Medicine, only possessed a tiny fraction of Wuyazi's medical knowledge, and yet Xue was unrivaled throughout the realm (since Wuyazi was unknown). One can imagine how insightful Wuyazi must have been.

Best doctors that lose their top places would be the doctor in SPW that kill one to save one because he can't save LHC and same goes for the one can't save ZWJ in HSDS/

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Why what? Why I rate Wuyazi as the #1 doctor of all time, or why he is >5 times better than the #1 known doctor in DGSD?

In DGSD, it's stated that Dr. Xue Muhua, the God of Medicine, only possessed a tiny fraction of Wuyazi's medical knowledge, and yet Xue was unrivaled throughout the realm (since Wuyazi was unknown). One can imagine how insightful Wuyazi must have been.
    Why he's the best doctor of all time.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

though, one would imagine that docs got better as time progressed on since medical knowledge is compiled over the years. I'm not familiar with docs in the Qing dynasty (though Chen Lingsu is a great drug worker) so the next will have to be Ping 1 Finger from the Ming dynasty? He literally brought a man back to life!

Why he's the best doctor of all time.
    Oh, because he is THE MAN , and just the praise he was given about his mastery

What about Janitor Monk? He was able to arbitrarily kill and revive people, while simultaneously curing them physically and psychologically of their fire deviations and their enmity and hostility towards each other.
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

Quote Originally Posted by bliss View Post
    What about Janitor Monk? He was able to arbitrarily kill and revive people, while simultaneously curing them physically and psychologically of their fire deviations and their enmity and hostility towards each other.
    I have a feeling that SM used internal energy to cure MRB/XYS instead of medicine. But knowing SM, he should know quite a lot about everything...

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    I have a feeling that SM used internal energy to cure MRB/XYS instead of medicine. But knowing SM, he should know quite a lot about everything...
    Well curing someone one way or another, given that the person stays cured, is what makes someone a doctor isn't it? I think in SM's case, it's a bit different than others who prolong life with internal energy.
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

Quote Originally Posted by bliss View Post
    Well curing someone one way or another, given that the person stays cured, is what makes someone a doctor isn't it? I think in SM's case, it's a bit different than others who prolong life with internal energy.
    The issue with MRB/XYS is that their injuries are internal, caused by martial arts. If someone is sick with the flu, SM could probably work wonders with his internal, but he wouldn't be a doctor, if you get what I mean.

Yeah Sweeper is like someone who can make a 3pointer from all the way across the court 100% of the time. But he can't dribble, pass, rebound, understand basketball, etc. But he also doesn't need to. He'd also bring his team to win every championship and win every game, but is he the best basketball player? I think a lot of argument would be had about that.

His inner strength can probably cure more than any doctor can cure, but most doctors could cure more if they had his inner strength...

Sweeper Monk surpasses doctors at curing ailments by not being a doctor
    Reverend Rongku prepared himself.

Suddenly, he toss his hands and screamed: "I am not human! I am an animal!"

The crowd startled at such a bizarre beginning to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey View Post
    Sweeper Monk surpasses doctors at curing ailments by not being a doctor
    So what you're saying is, he's a disciple of DGQB and 'overcomes medicine without medicine'?

This is proof that DGQB>Sweeper Monk.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    So what you're saying is, he's a disciple of DGQB and 'overcomes medicine without medicine'?

DGQB only knows 9 medical techniques. However, each of those techniques has 360 variations. Once the budding doctor has learnt these variations, the best results can be achieved by forgetting all about them, and just reacting to how the ailments show themselves. As the doctor becomes more proficient, he'll be able to forestall illnesses before they even appear, simply by looking at the patient's lifestyle. Quite often, the doctor can cure illnesses before they even appear by administering the medicine in a surprising position.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post

Why do you assume SM is a disciple, he's probably MASTER of DGQB.

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    DGQB only knows 9 medical techniques. However, each of those techniques has 360 variations. Once the budding doctor has learnt these variations, the best results can be achieved by forgetting all about them, and just reacting to how the ailments show themselves. As the doctor becomes more proficient, he'll be able to forestall illnesses before they even appear, simply by looking at the patient's lifestyle. Quite often, the doctor can cure illnesses before they even appear by administering the medicine in a surprising position.
    I like....