View Poll Results: How interested are you in CLX translations?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very much

27 93.10%
  • Not really

2 6.90%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you want CLX translations?

Default Do you want CLX translations?

Athena had previously translated summaries of CLX novels.

This was found in the reading room.

I had some pm with meh, and suggested CLX be translated fully but we were unsure if this story is popular amongst ppl here.

So do you want CLX to be translated?
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Thanks for helping us liaise with the translators Han. In my humble opinion, the result of this survey is obvious. I for one read (and appreciate) everything that every translator is willing to put out, and I don't think I'm alone =)
    Man is glue. You are man. How then can you step away from glue?

Hey you know FOXS is considering CLX Book 4???

See the last page of the HSDS thread!

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox View Post
    Hey you know FOXS is considering CLX Book 4???

See the last page of the HSDS thread!
    He mentioned LXF not CLX.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Eh... OOPS sorry everyone! My mistake.

I read everything GL/JY so any book translated, I'm grateful and thanks .

it definately wouldnt be my first choice or maybe not even my eigth choice but ANY and ALL wuxia translations are appreciated! [something more with a full storyline would be prefferable since clx and lxf both seem to be like mini series][i personally prefer well thought out full stories that end. Like i said earlier though ANY and ALL translations appreciated and any series that a translator is willing to do i am all for!!!]

P.S im still sad over the sudden dissappearance of the dude doing that Kho Ping Hoo series peerless master

Like previous posters wrote i am also very interested in more Gu Long! Any Wuxia novel translated is a good novel!

Although I would prefer that other "open" translation projects would be fully translated now (like DaRenWu, 7 Weapon Series, Bloody Parrot,...), I am still for more Gu Long :-)

Unfortunately I don't really like any of the stories currently open.

CLX I'm willing to translate because I like the story.

Edit: Did say that I would think about translating the Legendary Siblings, but since it's been translated, no point.
    Last edited by Meh; 04-25-09 at 09:27 AM.

As far as I remember Legendary Siblings was already translated completley. This is the same, right?
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...light=siblings

CLX it is then, I would say :-)

And I am not perfect in english since it is not my first language but I could try to help you with editing the story.

Oops. Oh well. Are there any other GL books that's really popular but hasn't been translated? I have no clue what tv series has been out recently and which books of his have become popular.

Tearful Sword (Yingxiong Wu Lei 英雄无泪) and DaRenWu are the last ones I know about. Anyone else?

i loved the novels flower guarding bell and sword of the exquisiteness which are both single novels any other ones like those would be appreciated gulong has a ton of storys and i have no clue whats good or not i will be appreciative of anything!

I'd like to forward huang yi novels if at all possible lol a step into the past by him being translated here is one of the best novls ever!!! may i suggest twin of brothers>?

Flower Guarding Bell and Ming Jian Feng Liu has been fully translated.

Meh had previously indicated that he thinks that Huang Yi's novels are too long/boring to be translated.

Han solo
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control

Question Translation request

Who's CLX? I would like to read any completed translations. Can you tell me which ones are the most interesting to read?

Sorry, if I'm not with it on this writer.
    Last edited by oldhat9; 04-26-09 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    Flower Guarding Bell and Ming Jian Feng Liu has been fully translated.

Meh had previously indicated that he thinks that Huang Yi's novels are too long/boring to be translated.

Han solo
    Are Huang Yi's novels that bad?? I just heard that they are really really long, but not sure about whether they are boring or not.. Maybe I should give them a read sometime...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

I think anything anyone feels like translating should be translated. It will be popular BECAUSE it is translated. I agree there are things I would be interested in seeing finished first--i.e. the rest of the LXFs(even if they are not as good as the first three, but who am I to say no to the possibility of a whole new wave of translations?

Translate it and I will be happy to read it.

Missouri.Slim

Quote Originally Posted by missouri.slim View Post
    I think anything anyone feels like translating should be translated. It will be popular BECAUSE it is translated. I agree there are things I would be interested in seeing finished first--i.e. the rest of the LXFs(even if they are not as good as the first three, but who am I to say no to the possibility of a whole new wave of translations?

Translate it and I will be happy to read it.

Missouri.Slim
    Translations are a lot of hard work....Plus, if people are doing it for free, they will less likely do it. I was in the middle of translating something(not a wuxia novel), but have gotten lazy so have not continued for a long time... It is easy for people who just read it to say that when they are not doing the work...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

How about the four constables? I would be more interested in that than the CLX series. Plus it will add another author's translation in this forum other than JY or GL.

Question What did I say?

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Translations are a lot of hard work....Plus, if people are doing it for free, they will less likely do it. I was in the middle of translating something(not a wuxia novel), but have gotten lazy so have not continued for a long time... It is easy for people who just read it to say that when they are not doing the work...
    I did not mean anything negative with what I said. I do not translate--that is true, but I do not think you would be happy with the product if i did. All I am trying to say is that people like what they know. If you do not read Chinese then you have probably not encountered CLX except in these forums, and then it would quickly turn to people discussing ifhe could beat YG.

It IS easy for me to say I would read it if someone else translated it. That WAS the question posed in the thread and it is what 97% of the people on these forums do. I applaud the translators and the work they do. I have a lot of respect for them and their work. They do something I cannot. While I am not on the forums every week singing their praises, I do say thank you every once in a while. I have offered encouragement.

I did not attack anyone for not finishing a translation. I said that there were other things I would like to see finished--specifically the LXF's that came after the duel. I said that they are not as good only because that is the reason I have been given in this forum that no one has decided to fully translate them. I then said translate whatever you wish because I would be happy to read it as well.

I do not see where in any of this I could have offended you.

The translators here are great. They do a lot of work for the love of doing the work. There are a lot of people like me who benefit from that work without really offering much in return. That is the nature of this forum system. It becomes a means of distribution from a small number of producers to a larger number of consumers. If you believe the translators need compensation--and I don't disagree that they deserve it, perhaps the good people at spcnet.tv could set up a paypal system where readers could donate online what they wish to the translators. Perhaps since it is not a direct purchase of translated material this would be legal.

I hope this has cleared up any misunderstanding I may have caused.

Missouri.slim