Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Myth- Hu Ge, Bai Bing, Zhang Shi, Zhang Meng

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    I dont think "Till Death Do us Apart" (the modern drama he acted with Vivian Hsu) was directed by LGL. About his fringe, I recall seeing him without it in LOCH'08 (in his Mongolian wear) or smthg. Can't remember cause I only watched a few episodes of that series.
    oh yeah i forgot about that! no wonder i didnt like it the hairstyle he has for the last couple of episodes is better - the fringe is back!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/v/2006-11-08/U1735P28T3D1319137F326DT20061108153813.JPG')
    (bad hair)

VS

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/v/2006-11-08/U1735P28T3D1319183F326DT20061108154135.JPG')
    (good hair!)

and till death do us apart is produced by li guo li. i just checked my DVD case

Quote Originally Posted by palelite2 View Post
    some part of hair in front of his forehead is okay , and you're right in chinese paladdin and young warrior his hairstyle is great, and i think in liao zhai is great too, but not in fairy from wonderland, but still suit to his character in there
    oh yeah, liao zhai was nice too and i agree. i hated his hair in fairy from wonderland. it looked...ew. lol. but with the hat that he wore to school on it was ok!

I agree that Bai Bing looks like Kim Hee Sun in those pictures..
    so the drama will focus on the "old fashioned" part and there's no Jack or the Indian girl in the drama?
    not watching anything specific at the moment.

Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog

Love Chen Qiao En, June Tsai, Chen Jingxuan, Eelyn Kok, Shu Chang, and many others

there will be jack and indian girl etc. because remember the movie started off as dream in ancient time that jackie had, then as story progress he gets flash back etc. their probably going to start off the story with ancient time first, so we get to see war part, getting the immortality elixir, then it goes back to modern day etc we have drama some action meeting characters flash back.

seeing that jackie chan is producing right? the series will be good. he also hand picked hu ge to play the role. remember their was an english translation somewhere saying that hu ge hesisitated and was nervous when jackie chan chosed him for the role. and jackie chan said he was proud of hu ge to be able to stand back up and go back into show biz after the accident etc.

this series will be good, so far every series with hu ge was.

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    there will be jack and indian girl etc. because remember the movie started off as dream in ancient time that jackie had, then as story progress he gets flash back etc. their probably going to start off the story with ancient time first, so we get to see war part, getting the immortality elixir, then it goes back to modern day etc we have drama some action meeting characters flash back.

seeing that jackie chan is producing right? the series will be good. he also hand picked hu ge to play the role. remember their was an english translation somewhere saying that hu ge hesisitated and was nervous when jackie chan chosed him for the role. and jackie chan said he was proud of hu ge to be able to stand back up and go back into show biz after the accident etc.

That is not for sure at all. The only thing that can be guessed/assumed at with any reasonable surety is that this series will have time travel or both future/ancient elements[as you can see hong kong or some major chinese city on the upper half kinda blended in the poster].

The reason i say this is because the movie as those who have watched it will know has absolutely nothing to do with Liu Bang or Xiang Yu ! I have high hopes for this series cant wait till the pictures, staff interviews, clips, stoyline information, and other goodies start flowing in!

Let's all hope and pray that some kind soul will do this series as a project; who knows maybe even the heroes, saviours, ancestors, god's of us who need translations will be saved by Jiang Hu. Basically the only group who took up the heroic efforts to sub ANY chinese series; not to mention my alltime favorite genre of wuxia!
    Last edited by Shi-Potian; 05-01-09 at 11:11 PM.

yeah thats true. but i was thinking if they did the time travel thing it would be somewhat like tvb step into a past, but then again that series was one of my all time favorites. i wouldn't mind if they do some time travel idea, main character teaching ancient people modern stuff is always funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post

good i wonder who acts as indian girl..
    not watching anything specific at the moment.

Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog

Love Chen Qiao En, June Tsai, Chen Jingxuan, Eelyn Kok, Shu Chang, and many others

Haven't seen Jackie's movie yet, but anything even remotely related to the Qin interests me. And this series definitely looks promising.
    And I love the picture gallery here:
    http://ent.sina.com.cn/f/v/shenhua/index.shtml
    Esp. Gao Jianli is awesomeness embodied...
    Definitely looking forward to this.

(And even though he's likely to be a relatively marginal character, Fu-su is on the character list, which is a very fine bonus as far as I'm concerned. )
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

Quote Originally Posted by Cesare View Post
    Haven't seen Jackie's movie yet, but anything even remotely related to the Qin interests me. And this series definitely looks promising.
    And I love the picture gallery here:
    http://ent.sina.com.cn/f/v/shenhua/index.shtml
    Esp. Gao Jianli is awesomeness embodied...
    Definitely looking forward to this.

(And even though he's likely to be a relatively marginal character, Fu-su is on the character list, which is a very fine bonus as far as I'm concerned. )
    Thanks for the link, Cesare! Those photos look awesome. Great costumes aren't a precise indicator of story quality, but it seems that if the production company takes the time to have quality costuming, they'll probably have high quality in the rest of the production as well.

On a side note, all the photos I've seen later of actors holding those Sina plushies has really made me want one.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

Agreed, cool costumes don't make a good show - but they are a -- promise -- of a sort. And I simply like the character concepts there - they seem pretty well thought out. Those promotional character portraits are quite cool.

On a side note, all the photos I've seen later of actors holding those Sina plushies has really made me want one.
    Good to know I'm not the only crazy Caucasian who wants a Sina plushy.
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

Quote Originally Posted by Cesare View Post
    Good to know I'm not the only crazy Caucasian who wants a Sina plushy.
    haha, well they ARE cute

A bit late here, but whoa... Kym Jin Sha from Singapore is in here?! Whoa
    anyway, she looks chubbier than when i saw her last....

another Huge series? LOL

Any new goodies been released lately? This is the series I am most anticipating, even more so then HSDS2009.

Preview clip with the movie's themesong as backgrd music.
    http://tieba.baidu.com/%BA%FA%B8%E8/...3a42b9422314e/
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    Preview clip with the movie's themesong as backgrd music.
    http://tieba.baidu.com/%BA%FA%B8%E8/...3a42b9422314e/
    yay!! that was fast though, i wasnt expecting to hear anything about this series for a while. hu ge is looking mighty fine as the general though well except for that little peace sign thing he did...that was weird. and they had birthday cakes and playing cards back then?? wow. lol
    all the girls are really pretty though are they all supposed to fall in love with him? thats kinda...well, i guess he is hu ge. lol
    and why are they using lg cell phones??
    oh wait. i guess that makes sense though, if theyre gonna do the whole modern day and past tense thing like that movie was.
    overall it looks really good! i cant wait till it comes out. anyone have a rough estimate on when it'll be out??

yes, the girls are very beautiful indeed. haha, wouldn't the cell phone run out of battery?
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

the use of cell phones in the preview clips means the serie has a time travelling story line
    if i remember correctly, the movie didn't have a time travelling storyline
    the movie did switch between ancient and modern days but those scenes were sort of dream sequences of jackie's character coz he remembers his past life as a general

the movie had a nice story so i hope the serie is gonna be good too
    but i think 50eps is gonna be way to much

the movie did have a time travelling storyline too

This series looks sooo promising! I love the trailer thus far -- cannot WAIT till they finish filming it. When will it be finished, I wonder?

Personally, though, I don't like Hu Ge singing the theme song. As much as I adore him as an actor, he doesn't have a good singing voice at all. I liked the "movie" song version waaaaaaaaaaay better.

All the girls in here are so lovely and the costumes are just stunning. What a lush, grand production. My fave shots are of Ge Ge in the General costume...*drools*.... He's sooo "shuai!"

Wow. I gotta say I'm pretty excited for this upcoming series. I think Hu Ge is a nice actor and it will kinda seem like one of those main character gets the girls series, but hey, I like those. I saw the LG camera phone and I was like "they shoulda used a camcorder instead" xD

I'm also interested in how Liu Bang and Xiang Yu will play a role in this series. Warring states is pretty cool :P