Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Myth- Hu Ge, Bai Bing, Zhang Shi, Zhang Meng

so the beginning fight scenes are messy? too much camera movement? i would've expected jacky chan himself to help out with the choregrpahy and make the fight scenes nice like in his movies.

well i don't want to spoil the story for me by not understanding the dialogue, guess wait til the series get dubb soon this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    so the beginning fight scenes are messy? too much camera movement? i would've expected jacky chan himself to help out with the choregrpahy and make the fight scenes nice like in his movies.
    Well, Jackie probably had other project to deal with. I think he was busy with The Karate kid, (which looks lame by the way) and not enough time to help out with this show.

But yea, fight scenes in here not so good.

The fighting scenes are okay, not as great as I would have expected with Jackie Chan as the producer. Even though he may be busy with other projects, but this is such a grand production of his remake, surely he would have to approve most of the fighting scenes. Like I said, it would have been better without all the camera movements....I had to fast forward most part because I can't see what's going on anyways

I may be an impatient person or something...hehehe, but I find the serie going at a very slow pace right now...is it just me that think this(currently up to ep. 9)?
    Last edited by savanhlikit; 01-04-10 at 07:29 PM.

i really don't mind the fight scenes as long as their not cheesy. but how is the dialogue between the characters, is the series funny, or is it drama? ep 9, so more then likely this series will be out on dvd by this month if this keeps up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    i really don't mind the fight scenes as long as their not cheesy. but how is the dialogue between the characters, is the series funny, or is it drama? ep 9, so more then likely this series will be out on dvd by this month if this keeps up.
    3 ep per day and 50 ep total, so yea, it's pretty fast.

As for story/dialogue, don't know, I need translations myself. lol
    But what I can say so far though, the pace seems pretty slow. More talking than action. (Again, perhaps it's because I don't understand the story/dialogue)

Minimal spoilers in my post

Quote Originally Posted by Wuxialover View Post
    3 ep per day and 50 ep total, so yea, it's pretty fast.

As for story/dialogue, don't know, I need translations myself. lol
    But what I can say so far though, the pace seems pretty slow. More talking than action. (Again, perhaps it's because I don't understand the story/dialogue)
    I don't quite remember the movie much now since it's been so long already.
    My impression is this drama is about 80% unlike the movie. It's a good thing if you'd ask me. I prefer a fresh story then rewatching the movie in draggy form. In the movie Jackie Chan is the reincarnation for the general, but in this drama Hu Ge sorta just went into the past. The other cast are seeming like they'll pop up in the past as well or some people in the past (the doctor) will pop up in the present sometime later, but other then that, I really don't know if Hu Ge is really the general or that's not present in the story.

Since I'm only starting ep 9 now, I think it's actually going rather fast and good paced compared to wuxia dramas.

As someone had mentioned previously, the past where Xiao Chuan and Gao You is and the present where the rest of the family is mixes really well. It doesn't make you confused and doesn't look too chompy. I really love how it's proceeding.

The dialogue is very funny, not the stupid funny way, but in an ironic way. The people in the past usually don't get what they are talking about. Xiao Chuan is very knowledgeful of history, but his friend who came with him has no idea where he's at.

I think if you can't understand chinese, you should wait until it's either subbed or dubbed in your own language. There's alot of comical dialogues in the drama so far. I hope the translations will catch them well though.

I'm on episode 8 right now, and the story is moving fast but some of the plot is a little too convenient (e.g. the younger sister and how they wrap up that segment).

Also I'm a little confused by some of the character motivations and I'm not sure if it's the script or the acting. For example, does Hu Ge's girlfriend have feelings for his brother? Does Hu Ge really even like his girlfriend?

And it would have made things a little more believable if they showed us how resourceful and smart Hu Ge is. Since it feels like a stretch that he built the...

click to show/hide spoilers
    pulley and battery charger so quickly.

Overall it's a fun, lighthearted series so far. But it feels like they didn't pay too much attention to the logic of the plot and characters sometimes.

Ok, just saw 4-6. Now I really don't understand what's going on. Haha!

It's been how many years now since he live in the ancient world? His hair grew so long already. And what surprised me, his phone still works? His battery could still be turn on? Wouldn't it go blank over the years without any charger? And possibly die out due to lack of charging? I'm a bit confuse. But whatever. hehe
    Yeah, I'm also wondering how long they've been back.

It seems like at most a year or so due to that "changing of the seasons" segment where he's learning kung fu.

But for hair to grow that long, I would assume it's at least 2 years.

As for the phone, my thought was that he mainly kept it turned off, and only turned it on occasionally to take some pics and videos.

~~~~~~~

I'm on episode 10 now and

I cannot believe they actually made Hu Ge's gf's brother a eunuch!!! Holy crap... I thought there was going to be some last minute saving or something.

Wah, that was definitely unexpected.

And I can't believe what a bastard Liu Bang is. I guess you have to be to be an emperor but gosh... and the worst part is you know that unlike a traditional bad guy, he's not going to get his punishment in the end...
    Last edited by j2j2j2; 01-06-10 at 04:31 AM.

im guessing 2 years has passed cause the older brother was 26? [the mother mentions something about him being 26 (I THINK it was 26) and not having a gf yet]
    and huge introduced himself as 26 post-beginning training when he met the merchant (w. 2 daughters) and later when he meets general meng.
    this is all assuming that the older brother is older by a year or more. still, less than a year has passed since he left the kungfu training at the beginning.

im thinking the evil guy in the mask = either the eunch or liubang
    makes more sense if its the eunch, but liubang is a social climber and would make sense if it is him too.

AH!! theres still so many characters not properly introduced. cant wait
    cant wait until zhang mengs ancient character is revealed!
    i wonder what huge will do then!

Ok, I haven't watch pass ep 6 yet. (Due to site refusing to load video, two days now) But you guys seem to agree that
    Hu Ge has been stuck in the past for about two years. But was that two years during his kung fu training? Or was that kung fu training only a year past? If that's the case, his hair was already long by the end of that season change segment. So, that would not explain his hair growth. Unless he train kung fu for two years.

Quote Originally Posted by j2j2j2 View Post
    As for the phone, my thought was that he mainly kept it turned off, and only turned it on occasionally to take some pics and videos.
    Even so. I don't think a phone battery can go on two years without charging. I kept my phone turned off as well, and only turned it on occasionally, but my battery still runs out in two to three weeks. I would be lucky to have it last for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by j2j2j2 View Post
    does Hu Ge's girlfriend have feelings for his brother? Does Hu Ge really even like his girlfriend?
    My opinion, he always seems like a flirt. And that's it. Doesn't feel like dying love to me. I guess he haven't found his true love, (Bai Bing) Either that's what the writer was going at, or they fail to show the love between Hu Ge and his modern day girlfriend. His modern girlfriend starting to fall for Hu Ge's brother on the other hand however, strike me as a bit odd. I mean, if they're gonna go with that approach, why not just make that modern girl just a friend of Hu Ge to begin with, that's it. Instead of ex-lover. Which had close to zero chemistry anyway.

With that said. I just wish the site would load the video faster. lol
    Last edited by Wuxialover; 01-06-10 at 05:16 PM.

With that said. I just wish the site would load the video faster. lol
    Wuxia...try youtube...it's faster, but only in 10 minute segments.
    Last edited by savanhlikit; 01-06-10 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by savanhlikit View Post
    Wuxia...try youtube...it's faster, but only in 10 minute segments.
    Thanks for the advice. But uh, any links?

I've been trying to search on youtube, but only found ep 1.

Here's the youtube link for the first episode, then just go into the owner's youtube channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_VNNZKZu4g
    Last edited by savanhlikit; 01-06-10 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by savanhlikit View Post
    Thanks! Appreciated that.

arg. wish they switched the susu actress with baibing.
    susu actress is so much more cuter
    baibing is a disappointment imo

Quote Originally Posted by aelitis View Post
    I haven't seen any of Baibing's series, so I don't know her as an actress. But I didn't like Jackie Chan's idea of choosing her just because she looked like the Korean actress in the movie...that's my opinion.

Really? I haven't watched up to the princess part yet. How is she? I heard many praises her as the princess....I'd like to know your opinion
    Last edited by savanhlikit; 01-06-10 at 07:52 PM.

there hasnt really been any extremely hard parts for baibing to act out yet...
    but...it is a bit of a disappointment shifting from susu to the princess...
    i realize baibing is a more experienced actress but
    on the looks scale, she is below jinsha.

i guess its a matter of preference.
    she might change my mind with her personality, but so far (up to15) no go.
    i mean susu was so perfect! how can you top that?! loyalty, cuteness, shyness, eveerrything.

bring susu back!! haha.
    REVIVE HER FROM THE DEAD!! goo! she can still come back even though you burnt her body...

can anyone post an alternate link for episode 13? For some reason the loading/buffering is unusually slow for that specific episode, while those before and after are fine.

I don't know...she looks pretty to me. haha

there hasnt really been any extremely hard parts for baibing to act out yet...
    but...it is a bit of a disappointment shifting from susu to the princess...
    i realize baibing is a more experienced actress but
    on the looks scale, she is below jinsha.

i guess its a matter of preference.
    Definately a matter of preference.

she might change my mind with her personality, but so far (up to15) no go.
    i mean susu was so perfect! how can you top that?! loyalty, cuteness, shyness, eveerrything.
    Maybe it's because you compare them together. Or because you're so in love with susu that you become bias.

Speaking of bias, I'm leaning toward bai bing side.

Heck! I was about to quit on the series, and wait until it gets sub or whatever, but once Bai Bing shows up, the show got way better! (For me) I'm more interested in the story now than ever. Up to ep 12 as of now.

bring susu back!! haha.
    REVIVE HER FROM THE DEAD!! goo! she can still come back even though you burnt her body...
    Sorry my friend. No Dragonball here for you. lol

Here to provide another streaming link for the drama, upload is super fast (you'll find it the same day it's broadcasted.)

I'm not sure y tudou has it and it's so HD and fast loading, no advertisments either. Try it if you understand chinese.

I'm just finished with ep 13. Not really fancy Bai Bing either. I don't know her character that well yet. I really like Lu Su though, but I really like the actress Jin Sha (singer, first drama debut too!) for her current role though.

Mayb Bai Bing will grow on you. lol She does look more mature for the role though. This is my first drama that I see her in. In the theme song opening and ending song trailers, Bai Bing look very pretty, but when I first saw her in the story she didn't look as pretty, a bit disappointed.

In terms of going back in time type of stories, I like this way better then Forbidden Kingdom. T_T

Just to share links for dl The Myth, daily updated.