Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: The Myth- Hu Ge, Bai Bing, Zhang Shi, Zhang Meng

Ok, i just finish watching the whole drama series.
    Well, the plot is nice, i like it. But ! Why such ending...

click to show/hide spoilers
    I personally have watched jackie chan's the myth, im hate the sad ending, so i thought this Hu Ge version will be somewhat different, but it disappointed me again.
    In the show, from the start of the episode Xiao Chuan gets to know and like Yu Shu, there isnt really alot of scene showing them together, instead it keeps showing us the process them keep getting seperated and sabotaged. Till to the end, they got seperated once again. Damn i feel so 心酸 for Xiao Chuan la !!
    For the bad guy, they really made Gao Yao bad to the core, till the end he know he is going to die, still put all the blames and wrong to Xiao Chuan, causing Yu Shu die.

MASSIVE Spoilers Alert!
    Only for those who watched finish the whole show to look, or people don't mind spoilers.

Well, for the spoiler part, i don't welcome any flames, it's just my pitiness towards the ending. Maybe im just too emotional guy.
    But i still admit it is a very nice show!! Looking forward The Myth 2, if there is of cause hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    so finishi watching the series over all its good. but had couple questions.

1. how come hu ge wasn't able to just blow up or drill the heaven gate down? 2. since the 1000 year old demon that chats with his bro is hu ge, couldn't he and gao yao stop everything from happening? i know its fate and all but couldn't they have changed that? also with the fate thingy, couldn't hu ge just killed liu bang and declare himself as liu bang altering history but being able to save his other brethrens etc.
    3. i thought gao yao said there was a truce after sealing yu shu in the cave, then why does he still hate hu ge? is it what happeneds later after 2000 years? u guys think they may have fought each other again in the other wars etc?
    4.like other stated why couldn't hu ge defeat those 2 people at the end? he had strong chi and 2000 years more should've been easy. is it bc he didn't want to injure them or something?

also i'm not sure but the version i had show the war scenes. was there more war battlers? or they just said which side won? i wish they had more actual war scenes. hope if they make 2 they could make more war/strategy/tactics etc and better fight scenes so to say.well all in all a very good series to watch and enjoy the betrayals, had somewhat good character development, good chemistry and acting from the actors. in here hu ge reminds me of guo jing how he always forgives but yang guo as well since he gets all the girls but only faithful to one main. and he isn't greedy to saying he'll marry all of em etc. man it'll be cool if the next series will go into the condor heroes trilogy. hu ge replacing guo jing lol.
    I can answer your 4th qns!

Maybe because precisely he has live over a thousand years with no fighting, so his skills got super rusty? Afterall he fought so much battles and can win against so much people on his own. So it won't make any sense he cant defeat 2 people =p

Quote Originally Posted by JosephJo View Post
    Ok, i just finish watching the whole drama series.
    Well, the plot is nice, i like it. But ! Why such ending...

I personally have watched jackie chan's the myth, im hate the sad ending, so i thought this Hu Ge version will be somewhat different, but it disappointed me again.
    In the show, from the start of the episode Xiao Chuan gets to know and like Yu Shu, there isnt really alot of scene showing them together, instead it keeps showing us the process them keep getting seperated and sabotaged. Till to the end, they got seperated once again. Damn i feel so 心酸 for Xiao Chuan la !!
    For the bad guy, they really made Gao Yao bad to the core, till the end he know he is going to die, still put all the blames and wrong to Xiao Chuan, causing Yu Shu die.

MASSIVE Spoilers Alert!
    Only for those who watched finish the whole show to look, or people don't mind spoilers.

Well, for the spoiler part, i don't welcome any flames, it's just my pitiness towards the ending. Maybe im just too emotional guy.
    But i still admit it is a very nice show!! Looking forward The Myth 2, if there is of cause hehe.
    I agree with you! I just finished the series as well a couple days ago. The ending was so unexpecting.
    It just made me wanna cry when Xiao Chuan was lying there all happily saying that now Yu Shu can live with his family and spend time together. However, he hadn't even realized that Yu Shu had already died. It was disappointing how they even get to say farewell to each other He must've been so heartbroken. If you put all the happy scenes of Xiao Chuan and Yu Shu together, it probably couldn't even make up one episode out of the fifty.

I liked the development of the plot though, like how every character was developed really nicely and fit in with the actual history really well. If there is a Myth 2, they need to use the same cast
    晨晨曙光 魏你闪亮 ♥ WEI CHEN
    实力偶像 魏晨最棒
    海外乐橙支持

yeah agree with you guys. the way the character are develop as well as the whole plot etc goes together very good. only downfall was the bad fight scenes, needed more epic war battles, and more comedy.

hopefully the same cast as well as hu ges other cast from his previous series will make a sequel going in the three kingdoms era.

I am on the same boat, but I skip to the ending before I was done. Luckily I did, after seeing the ending, it did not make me want to watch the rest of it as it was getting a bit slow anywayz.

Just a bit too much. I was hoping for a bit more like "a step into the past"

I really hate it when the characters are stupid and can't figure things out. Makes me feel a bit dumber after watch it.

Since I stop, I don't feel that way anymore.
    "Every man dies, but not every man really lives." -BH

Anyone considering writing a review for this series?
    I like me.

This drama seemed to dragged on a bit and it took me forever to finish it and most of the time I was fast forwarding most of the scenes. Some of the scenes were almost too bewilder to be real or seemed to be overreacting too much like when HuGe first gets transported back in time...

The ending was not what I expected...I had a feeling that it would end like the movie, but not this horrible. The whole drama believes the whole concept of next life and things like that so they could have left us a cliff hanger of them meeting in the next life or so...instead of leaving us with a sad dead end ending!

I just recently finish the serie and I am kind of disappoint with the end. While watching the serie, I hope for an happy ending . Hu Ge and Bai Bing chemistry is not good as I expect. But, at lease the graphique is good and great to watch.

I'm on ep 16 right now. I just don't like Hu Ge's love stories o-o sometimes I just don't get why does he love those girls o-o
    If there is a sequel...I hope Hu Ge and Yang Mi can pair up again. They just have very strong chemistry! <3

Can someone spoil the ending for Meng Tian? Whatever happened to him? thanks
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Hi Mystic, are you an Allen Ting fan too? Among the male characters, Allen Ting's Meng Tian and Tan Kai's Xiang Yu are at the top of my list for "most heroic."

Meng Tian is poisoned by the other team from of a poisoned arrow and sneak attack while he's on his way to rescuing Hu Ge's character. Meng Tian is convinced that Hu Ge is actually Meng Yi, his long lost brother and so before his death, he gives the position of General to Hu Ge's character. Hu Ge's character receives the position with many hesitations but eventually agrees for the greater good and quite possibly out of love and respect for Meng Tian also. Meng Tian's death was quite touching and heroic.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    yea i understand where your going with the characters. hu ge xiao chuan was the most selfish character in the series. he was so in denial about liu bang for betraying him and gao gao. then when he finds out hes like its okay even tho you made gao gao an enunch.

he kept on insisting to see yu shu, even tho she became the empress or whatever(still awkward that the king haven't slept with her, or he did but we weren't to focus on that so she could be pure or something). if he would've just forget her when he toke her to the kingdom everything would've been good so to say. he should understand what zhao gao was going thru, and even for me with all these attractive girls loving you not to sound like a pig or anything but i would probably accept all their loves not to hurt any of their feelings. hu ge felt like yang guo with the way he handle all the girls who loved him.

i believe it was love at first site when he met yu shu, then he liked her more when she was concern with the hostages when he was battling the tiger. so he knew she was a princess who didn't abuse her power etc. and that her character was strong to get married so her country dont have to go into war. just to be clear yu shu is from korea? i got an answer but just the way they dress seems more like mongolians. was this during the time of korea 3 kingdom when mongolia had influece over korea as well?

zhao gao, you hate him and love him. once as a guy to have your man hood taken away from you, i wouldn't know what to do but to fight for power to make yourself feel like a man. so the things he do is what he considers correct. if xiao chuan doesn't betray him or anything but instead try to go on his side and make him good, then it would've changed. but instead going against your friend of course it will make him evil to be betrayed by the only person who came from the same world.

all in all like i said, if they make part 2 i really hope they go into 3 kingdoms with the wu shu and wei fighting. so there will be more war scenes etc meeting liu bei cao cao sun jian lu bu dong zho etc.

this series is so stupid I never bother finishing it, in fact it's so out of wack that I had to go on here search out the topic just to post on it.

1) the main character is a dumb ***, he's too trust worthy to the point of being stupid, pretty much he was lucky in the begining, then bought everything on to himself because of his stupidity and unrealistic trust in people. With all that knowledge of the current time and he got fool by people in the past times after times... the guy didn't finish grade school.
    2) He killed Lu Su, he ran away on his own, got sick and got HER sick, he should know better, I got sick of the series at that point, I mean there was no reason for Lu Su to even be in the series if that's her end. She was really my fav character, so cute with that outfit/haircut.
    3) He made mistakes after mistakes with the girls, he basically didn't handled things well, everything was about how he react and never really look at the big picture. the main girl in the series (the princess) is a dumbo, she's pretty but there's something wrong with her head, he NEEDED to push for it, while Lu Su pushed and he ran away... it wouldda ended much better if he does the opposite with both girls lol.
    4) His 2010 GF is a ****, and his older bro is one also. I mean it's already touchy when you're dating your friend's GF, let alone your younger brother's GF while your brother is have gone missing... nice play, that pair just shit on the bro code.
    5) The story has too many flaws as far as time travel, I can ignore all of it because these things are bound to be like that, but the director went too far, TVB A Step Into the Past played it well, it's don't ask don't tell and they saved alot of trouble. This series bother to even explain that they lived 2000 years to be back, uh if your *** lived for 2000 years you sure as hell couldda changed history not only in china but all over the world, why bother waiting till 2000 years later and get screwed again. Further more, if your *** can contact your bro via online, what your dumb *** shouldda done was to contact your own *** and tell yourself what's about to happen. Instead the main character decided to keep his own *** in the dark and bought it all on himself lol.

Needless to say I watched till eps 16, then eps 50, too dragy for me to sit another 30 hours to learn more stupid crap from the series.

The series was too draggy and the guy above was right huge character was too dumb he was dumber then zhao cao and zhao cao was already dumb in the begining, but i only watched cause it the romance between huge and princess was good and very sad but stupid ending, disspointed at the end

Hu ge should had been way smarter then zhao cao, he was smart enough to make electric to charge his phone, but the rest of the series he was no near close to looking like people from the future at all, beside knowing the history -__- ( step into the past was better )
    Dont talk to me foo

I think this series was quite good. All the portrayals were good, but I thought YXC could be a bit less selfish. BTW, why can't I view the spoilers when I click them? is there a settings problem or something?
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    I think this series was quite good. All the portrayals were good, but I thought YXC could be a bit less selfish. BTW, why can't I view the spoilers when I click them? is there a settings problem or something?
    You can view the spoilers by pressing 'Reply With Quote' ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by CBWarm View Post
    You can view the spoilers by pressing 'Reply With Quote' ^_^
    i thought i'm the only one who got the spoilers viewing problems

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    this series is so stupid I never bother finishing it, in fact it's so out of wack that I had to go on here search out the topic just to post on it.

1) the main character is a dumb ***, he's too trust worthy to the point of being stupid, pretty much he was lucky in the begining, then bought everything on to himself because of his stupidity and unrealistic trust in people. With all that knowledge of the current time and he got fool by people in the past times after times... the guy didn't finish grade school.
    2) He killed Lu Su, he ran away on his own, got sick and got HER sick, he should know better, I got sick of the series at that point, I mean there was no reason for Lu Su to even be in the series if that's her end. She was really my fav character, so cute with that outfit/haircut.
    3) He made mistakes after mistakes with the girls, he basically didn't handled things well, everything was about how he react and never really look at the big picture. the main girl in the series (the princess) is a dumbo, she's pretty but there's something wrong with her head, he NEEDED to push for it, while Lu Su pushed and he ran away... it wouldda ended much better if he does the opposite with both girls lol.
    4) His 2010 GF is a ****, and his older bro is one also. I mean it's already touchy when you're dating your friend's GF, let alone your younger brother's GF while your brother is have gone missing... nice play, that pair just shit on the bro code.
    5) The story has too many flaws as far as time travel, I can ignore all of it because these things are bound to be like that, but the director went too far, TVB A Step Into the Past played it well, it's don't ask don't tell and they saved alot of trouble. This series bother to even explain that they lived 2000 years to be back, uh if your *** lived for 2000 years you sure as hell couldda changed history not only in china but all over the world, why bother waiting till 2000 years later and get screwed again. Further more, if your *** can contact your bro via online, what your dumb *** shouldda done was to contact your own *** and tell yourself what's about to happen. Instead the main character decided to keep his own *** in the dark and bought it all on himself lol.

Needless to say I watched till eps 16, then eps 50, too dragy for me to sit another 30 hours to learn more stupid crap from the series.
    i feel the same as you.. when i finish till ep 15. i just skip to where he meet lu su's father and explain what happen and then i skip to ep 49 and then 50 to watch the ending..

So are there still plans for The Myth 2? Or did plans get scrapped because of the new China Regulations where they don't allow time traveling anymore.

All I can remember about this drama is that the ending OST (Endless Love) was beautiful.
    Last edited by jzhou969; 03-15-16 at 02:01 AM.