Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Angels and Demons

Quote Originally Posted by rosely View Post
    WTF with the Scottish working in Vatican O_O. Many things changed just because they need a recognizable face (Obi Wan) in the film as the Carmelengo. The accent completely out of place.
    So they changed the Carmelengo from an Italian to a Scott, big deal. I for one am going to see this movie just because of Ewan McGregor.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Huh? Why can't a Scottish be there? I don't think the Vatican is made up of only specific races, right? And the current Pope is a German...

I don't have problem with his race, only his accent, seems very out of place. At least throw away the accent, the Carmelengo suppose to be adopted as a child by the Pope (in the book he is really the child of the Pope through artificial dissemination) since young. Living there since young, the accent should not be there. It should be interesting watching Obi wan with an Italian accent.

I guess that will be an impossible things to do, most Scottish got a very thick accent. Check out Shirley Manson in Sarah Connor Chronicle.
    Last edited by rosely; 05-19-09 at 04:34 AM.

The producer got no balls, the ending is butchered not like what I expected. Shit, I really want to look how they film Langdon aerial drop and he is not even in the helicopter. I guess they also think the same thing as me, that those scene going to be funny and moronic.
    Yeah apart from the ending they changed the beginning too, cas Langdon is supposed to go to that science place (?) where the antimatter was stolen from, which is where he got that idea for the aerial drop, so I supposed they just removed that altogether. Though not including the whole science trip outing was probably a good thing cas it would make the beginning too slow.

Also a warning to those that are planning to watch the movie, make sure you sit where you can see and read the subititles at the bottom of the screen, and hope that no one tall sits in front of you, like what happened to my friend, everytime there was subtitles, she had to sway from side to side cas she couldn't see the whole line! Which made me have the giggles, and the more I tried to stop, the more I laughed, I was even tearing up and this movie (par a few little scenes) is hardly a comedy or sad movie, so I got a few stares.
    Jessica Hsuan + Louis Koo = Amazing Chemistry!

"มารอยู่ในจิต สวรรค์อยู่ในใจ"
    Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

Quote Originally Posted by Sutisa View Post
    Also a warning to those that are planning to watch the movie, make sure you sit where you can see and read the subititles at the bottom of the screen, and hope that no one tall sits in front of you, like what happened to my friend, everytime there was subtitles, she had to sway from side to side cas she couldn't see the whole line! Which made me have the giggles, and the more I tried to stop, the more I laughed, I was even tearing up and this movie (par a few little scenes) is hardly a comedy or sad movie, so I got a few stares.
    How old are your cinemas? I haven't had a problem with tall people in front of me since the '90s. All the multiplexes here have a very downward angle which eliminate this inconvenience.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

I don't have problem with his race, only his accent, seems very out of place. At least throw away the accent, the Carmelengo suppose to be adopted as a child by the Pope (in the book he is really the child of the Pope through artificial dissemination) since young. Living there since young, the accent should not be there. It should be interesting watching Obi wan with an Italian accent.
    Since they had changed the plot, from biological child to adopted, I didn't think the Italian accent would be much of problem anymore. There's more to focus on, than the stupid accent, obviously.

I guess that will be an impossible things to do, most Scottish got a very thick accent. Check out Shirley Manson in Sarah Connor Chronicle.
    And now, you came running back, saying the "obvious".
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

I didn't think Ewan McGregor's accent is thick, though Manson's is.

Btw, I love Shirley Manson's accent.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21 View Post
    How old are your cinemas? I haven't had a problem with tall people in front of me since the '90s. All the multiplexes here have a very downward angle which eliminate this inconvenience.
    Oh its was only a problem because the cinema my friends decided to go to is considered more of an Arty Cinema (I was actually quite surprised they were even screening Angels and Demons there), so it was pretty small and very old (complete with that old theatre style interior and feel) it probably fitted 50 people max. The slant isn't that great and being in such a small cinema, the seats were situated a lot closer then in the big cinemas. If the movie didn't have subtitles it wouldn't have been a problem, but cas there were, and the fact that my friend is a short asian didn't help either. I was lucky he didn't sit in front of me, cas I'm even shorter then my friend!

So if you are planning to watch this movie, go watch it at a big cinema. I actually want to go re-watch it again, not because I was absolutely blown away from it but cas I missed a few parts when I started giggling, and when you try to suppress your laughter, you tend to laugh even more and if your anything like me you start tearing up.
    Jessica Hsuan + Louis Koo = Amazing Chemistry!

"มารอยู่ในจิต สวรรค์อยู่ในใจ"
    Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

Just watched the movie, enjoyed it. It might have helped that I didn't read the book, or rather, I tried reading it but couldn't go past the first half (and I did try pretty hard).

I like the movie Da Vinci Code and now this but I still don't think I'll pick up another of his book to read

Quote Originally Posted by BearBearNweather View Post
    Just watched the movie, enjoyed it. It might have helped that I didn't read the book, or rather, I tried reading it but couldn't go past the first half (and I did try pretty hard).

I like the movie Da Vinci Code and now this but I still don't think I'll pick up another of his book to read
    You did much better than I did. I couldn't even finish the first line of DaVinci Code.

You did much better than I did. I couldn't even finish the first line of DaVinci Code.

Back then, I thought perhaps I picked the wrong book, should have read Da Vinci Code instead of Angels & Demons. Don't think it make a diff, huh?

But I'm happy that Dan Brown is releasing another book with Robert Langdon as the protagonist again this year (no, I am not reading) since it may lead to another movie

Oh, I love the soundtrack - "Chevaliers De Sangreal"
    Last edited by BearBearNweather; 05-21-09 at 12:09 PM.

I don't even care about reading the book. The only book, written by Dan Brown, that interests me has got to be Digital Fortress. Simply due to the reason that, there's no twisted b.s (between lines or not) about religion.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Since they had changed the plot, from biological child to adopted, I didn't think the Italian accent would be much of problem anymore. There's more to focus on, than the stupid accent, obviously.
    So, they really changed the plot? I thought it's our censorship board's doing.

Why did they do that for? I thought that final revelation was very crucial to why the Carmelengo chose
    click to show/hide spoilers
    suicide
    at the end.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

boring did not even finish the movie.... National treasure was better

Quote Originally Posted by kandie View Post
    boring did not even finish the movie.... National treasure was better
    Lemme guess,

You've read the book before?

very good movie, da vinci code is good too, but i prefer angel and demon