Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RED ALERT - Mexico and surrounding area - Swine FLU

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I wonder why WHO or UN aren't taking for action? This just shows how ineffective these organisations are
    Border restriction prolly going to be enforced after the alert raise to level SIX (current at level FIVE). I just read that it prolly going to be raised to the highest and final SIX this week, means a global pandemic

There, my travel plan is prolly going down the drain - extreme suckiness

Quote Originally Posted by rosely View Post
    Border restriction prolly going to be enforced after the alert raise to level SIX (current at level FIVE). I just read that it prolly going to be raised to the highest and final SIX this week, means a global pandemic

There, my travel plan is prolly going down the drain - extreme suckiness
    I guess they should have done that a long time ago there's no reason to wait besides you can't really trust the authorities for doing a good job. Really dissapointed with the authorities in HK for doing such a lousy job.

How dangerous is this swineflu anyway? I guess people who exercise regulary will not die from it.

Frankly, I think that other than people directly in the "hot zone," most people are in greater danger of being killed by Mexican drug cartels than by Mexican swine flu.

Well, China detained/quarantined visiting Mexicans and would not let the Mexican ambassador see them.

Mexico is very cross about that, though I don't see what's wrong with China's action. Mexico is considered a high-risk country when it comes to H1N1.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Frankly, I think that other than people directly in the "hot zone," most people are in greater danger of being killed by Mexican drug cartels than by Mexican swine flu.
    I guess it's true but the thing is that it doesn't affect us living outside that area and that's why we really don't care about it.

I guess it's true but the thing is that it doesn't affect us living outside that area and that's why we really don't care about it.
    The thing you need to alert is if you know someone just return from Mexico and avoid the guy like you life depend on it. Other than that, I think everyone is safe. The strange thing is the virus only available in Mexico and not in other area which is also a good thing.

Which is different with SARS where the virus available all over the world at the same time.

The thing you need to alert is if you know someone just return from Mexico and avoid the guy like you life depend on it.
    Dude: I live in Southern California. Avoiding Mexicans here means avoiding people in general.

It's like being in Shanghai and trying to avoid Chinese.

Dude: I live in Southern California. Avoiding Mexicans here means avoiding people in general.

It's like being in Shanghai and trying to avoid Chinese.
    Hahaha, should just stay at home or bring with you those alcohol based soap and wash you hand at all times once return from public places and never touch your nose, mouth, ear and eyes before you wash your hand. Stop eating out etc LOL.

For now, temporarily stop going to the bar to get your Corona fix

Hahaha, should just stay at home or bring with you those alcohol based soap and wash you hand at all times once return from public places and never touch your nose, mouth, ear and eyes before you wash your hand. Stop eating out etc LOL.
    Mexican swine flu really doesn't scare me very much. Mexican drug gangsters, on other hand, scare the crap out of me. Those guys are freaking INSANE. I thought the Chinese gangs were violent, but the Mexican gangs have rewritten the book on gang violence.

For now, temporarily stop going to the bar to get your Corona fix
    Alcohol kills microbes. No worries there.

Mexican swine flu really doesn't scare me very much. Mexican drug gangsters, on other hand, scare the crap out of me. Those guys are freaking INSANE. I thought the Chinese gangs were violent, but the Mexican gangs have rewritten the book on gang violence.

Alcohol kills microbes. No worries there.
    I thought Batmans job was fighting crime lol.

I thought Batmans job was fighting crime lol.
    Against modern Mexican drug gangsters, even Batman would need reinforcements.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.clownmagicnyc.com/images/JusticeLeague.jpg')

I take no chances: I'm hiding between Superman and Flash.

LOL good choice I suggest Green Arrow to do the same thing

Against modern Mexican drug gangsters, even Batman would need reinforcements.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.clownmagicnyc.com/images/JusticeLeague.jpg')

I take no chances: I'm hiding between Superman and Flash.
    With my Kryptonite radiated H1N1 super strain, even Superman cannot help you LOL

With my Kryptonite radiated H1N1 super strain, even Superman cannot help you LOL
    You still have Flash, Green Lantern, Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, and the Martian Manhunter to contend with.

You still have Flash, Green Lantern, Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, and the Martian Manhunter to contend with.
    LOL, from Mexican Flu to Mexican Gang/Cartel to Superhero -

Taking this from my Twitter feed LOL:

Favorite #swineflu names: Hamthrax, Sowmonella, Hamageddon, Aporkalypse, Wilburculosis, and Smallporx

One thing that you should do now in public:

- after sneezing, apologize and say, "darn that pesky #swineflu."

Are they no longer violent ?
    I don't know whether this is true or not but I heard many chinese gangs smuggle many girls from china and make them working like hell to pay them huge sum of money. They even force them to work as prostitutes. If it's true, I wonder how could they do something like this to their own people.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Are they no longer violent ?
    I don't know whether this is true or not but I heard many chinese gangs smuggle many girls from china and make them working like hell to pay them huge sum of money. They even force them to work as prostitutes. If it's true, I wonder how could they do something like this to their own people.
    Hey don't hijack my H1N1 thread with gangs and prostitute. Create your own thread for that, for god sake

On topic and an update from WHO/UN:

The number of A(H1N1) flu victims topped the 1,000 mark as the United Nations' most senior health official warned a second wave of the virus could be far worse.