Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: RED ALERT - Mexico and surrounding area - Swine FLU

Default RED ALERT - Mexico and surrounding area - Swine FLU

Dunno where to put this thread so I put it here LOL, anyway this is serious matter.

So guys at the North America, please beware the pandemic of Swine Flu and pay attentions with your surrounding and people you have contact with.

Recommendations (by the CDC) to prevent infection by the virus consist of the standard personal precautions against influenza. This includes frequent washing of hands with soap and water or with alcohol-based hand sanitizers, especially after being out in-public. People should avoid touching their mouth, nose or eyes with their hands unless they've washed their hands. If people do cough, they should either cough into a tissue and throw it in the garbage immediately, cough into their elbow, or, if they cough in their hand, they should wash their hands immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by rosely View Post
    Dunno where to put this thread so I put it here LOL, anyway this is serious matter.

So guys at the North America, please beware the pandemic of Swine Flu and pay attentions with your surrounding and people you have contact with.
    You should post this in the debate forum where is visited by most people.

Haha, then what to debate?

I'm telling you, this is the start of the zombie pandemic. Watch out.

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    time to find a walmart to camp at.
    someone should make a thread about it. where will you be hiding if a zombie outburst happens. i have thought of this many times dunno why and the best answer is still walmart, they have everything and even guns to defend.

back to the topic, how serious is this virus? i dont remember seeing deaths in the US yet only heard about it in Mexico and it travel to california and some in NY. where did it come from and how it came upon.
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!
    [8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888]

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    Nah. If that were to happen, it'd be called the *Zombie* Flu.

Since it's *Swine* Flu, I'm anticipating that we're all going to end up looking like pigs.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.costumes-etc.com/images/Costumes/Mascots/Pig.jpg')

Well currently it started from Mexico then infected people carried it back to their own location after they visit Mexico. So yeah, according to WHO, no place is safe.

Pray this is not going to be the real 28 Days Later - yay

My advice, stay at your location now and stop traveling unless it's really necessary. More detail info here and here at wikipedia which include the outbreak location all over the world.

As of now, 152 deaths already in Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Nah. If that were to happen, it'd be called the *Zombie* Flu.

Since it's *Swine* Flu, I'm anticipating that we're all going to end up looking like pigs.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.costumes-etc.com/images/Costumes/Mascots/Pig.jpg')
    LOL, I hope it will be the slow zombie instead of the one constantly in rage like in 28 Days later or the new Dawn of The Dead.

Hehe despite being called the swine flu, it's actually little to do with pigs. The disease didn't spread from the pigs either.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Hehe despite being called the swine flu, it's actually little to do with pigs. The disease didn't spread from the pigs either.
    Guess we should rename it, "Mystery Flu 2009."

It come from Pig manure and then jump to human. From there it move from human to human. One will not get the flu by eating pork

The origins of the new virus strain remain unknown. One theory is that Asian and European strains traveled to Mexico in migratory birds or in people, then combined with North American strains in Mexican pig factory farms before jumping over to farm workers

LOL, I hope it will be the slow zombie instead of the one constantly in rage like in 28 Days later or the new Dawn of The Dead.
    Lol are you serious? It would be so epic with 28 Days Later infected.

I think we should seriously start a zombie topic... in Open Debate?

It come from Pig manure and then jump to human. From there it move from human to human. One will not get the flu by eating pork
    There are many theories, none proven. The WHO has said calling it a swine flu is unjustified and it's a misnomer, and has, along with many organisations, said pork consumption is actually perfectly safe (the disease do not spread through food). But the name has obviously given the meat and industry a hell lot of trouble.

But yes, it's a new hybrid strain of two swine flus, a bird flu and a human flu, but so far the only established fact is that it's transmitted from human to human. It remains to be seen where it really came from.
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 04-28-09 at 05:11 AM.

There are many theories, none proven. The WHO has said calling it a swine flu is unjustified and it's a misnomer, and has, along with many organisations, said pork consumption is actually perfectly safe (the disease do not spread through food). But the name has obviously given the meat and industry a hell lot of trouble.

But yes, it's a new hybrid strain of two swine flus, a bird flu and a human flu, but so far the only established fact is that it's transmitted from human to human. It remains to be seen where it really came from.
    Yeah I agreed it's a misnomer which will make people afraid eating pork altogether.

Latest information and current status:

2 May 2009 - Influenza A(H1N1) - WHO update 9

WHO advises no restriction of regular travel or closure of borders. It is considered prudent for people who are ill to delay international travel and for people developing symptoms following international travel to seek medical attention, in line with guidance from national authorities.

There is also no risk of infection from this virus from consumption of well-cooked pork and pork products. Individuals are advised to wash hands thoroughly with soap and water on a regular basis and should seek medical attention if they develop any symptoms of influenza-like illness.

read more

The latest news is that pigs at a Canadian farm, had been infected with the flu virus by a worker who returned from Mexico in mid-April.

The pigs were found to have symptoms of the flu on April 24 (talk about covering the news up...), but officials said the worker and the pigs had recovered.

The latest news is that pigs at a Canadian farm, had been infected with the flu virus by a worker who returned from Mexico in mid-April.

The pigs were found to have symptoms of the flu on April 24 (talk about covering the news up...), but officials said the worker and the pigs had recovered.
    WOW!, from Human to Human and even from Human to animal, so scary!!. Luckily the virus is not that nasty and virulent coz most people who got it can recovered.

I'm extremely concern with my intercontinental travel in another two weeks
    I guess I need to buy this mask and wear it at all times:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.jesseshunting.com/images/gas-mask-msa-millenium-front-lrg.jpg')

it should be restricted for mexicans to travel to other countries during this period

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    it should be restricted for mexicans to travel to other countries during this period
    Yeah, I guess it's time for Mexico to be closed temporarily with no out/inbound travel until the conditions subside.

I wonder why WHO or UN aren't taking for action? This just shows how ineffective these organisations are