Thread: (JDJS) Did Su Ying poison both cups of wine in her duel with Hua Wu Que?

Default (JDJS) Did Su Ying poison both cups of wine in her duel with Hua Wu Que?

Hi,

I was just wondering what Jue Dai Shuang Jiao readers thought of the above question. I wonder if it's destined to remain a mystery or if anyone feels it can be definitively answered.

Quote Originally Posted by wilco View Post
    Hi,

I was just wondering what Jue Dai Shuang Jiao readers thought of the above question. I wonder if it's destined to remain a mystery or if anyone feels it can be definitively answered.
    Yes, but she already drank the antidote so she will be ok regardless and Flawless Flower will be dead regardless.

Hi,

I chanced upon an alternative answer on someone's blog.

The blog author theorises (with accompanied reasoning) that Su Ying did not poison either of the cups of wine, and wanted to have an fair duel with Hua Wu Que.

The blog entry can be viewed in full here: http://www.douban.com/review/1968382/

It's in chinese though, my apologies for not being able to translate it..I don't think I could do it justice if I tried to translate it, as there are some parts that I couldn't follow myself due to linguistic inability.

I'll try to translate a few of the supporting reasons that were stated, for the benefit of those who are curious but unable to read chinese:

1) Wan Chuan Liu not only sniffed, but also tasted the wine. Some may argue that the amount of wine he tasted would not have enough poison to matter, but if Su Ying really wanted to kill Wu Que with poison, she would probably have used a poison lethal enough even in small doses, prevent chances of survival, esp since Wan Chuan Liu could be around to treat him

2) Su Ying should know that Xiao Yu Er would hate her if she prevented the duel using dishonourable means

3) Witness how sad, bitter and disappointed Su Ying was when Xiao Yu Er rebuked her for trying to trick Hua Wu Que. Her level of hurt seems pretty commensurate with someone who's been horribly misunderstood and maligned by her lover.