Thread: Blood: The Last Vampire Real Action Movie

Default Jeon Ji Hyeon In Remake Of Blood The Last Vampire

Anyone knew about this?
    Anyway, I think the movie is coming out this year or something like that. No trailer yet but there are stills released.

http://english.kbs.co.kr/entertainme...353_11858.html

Actress Chun Ji-hyun will debut in the U.S. movie market in the role of a half-human/half-vampire warrior named Saya.

Chun’s agency said the actress will star in the movie tentatively titled “Blood The Last Vampire” that is being produced by a major Hollywood production company.

Chun, who has gained popularity in Asia for her roles in the movies “Windstruck” and “My Sassy Girl,” drew the spotlight for her plans to debut in Hollywood.

“Blood The Last Vampire” is based on the same-titled anime film by Japanese animation master Oshii Mamoru. French investment and distribution firm Pathe has invested in the movie, while Hong Kong producer Bill Kong and Abel Namias will produce the movie. The film will be directed by Woo In-tae, while Corey Yuen will be in charge of the action scenes.

A person from Chun’s agency said the movie will likely be produced by a major Hollywood studio and open in the United States in 2008. The Japanese side only holds the copyright for the movie, while Pathe will be in charge of investment and distribution. He also added that the movie will be filmed only in English and that Chun, too, will say her lines in English.

The production costs of the movie will be determined by who will play opposite Chun. It is yet unknown when filming will begin, as the actor who will play opposite Chun has yet to be cast.

The original role of Saya in the animation film will be cinematized in the Hollywood version.

Chun, had been taking English-language courses in the United States, and will return to Korea for a short period of time next month.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/1354/afmbloodpiczk4.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/2278/b008dd7.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/8803/b005df7.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/4741/b007lm8.jpg')

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

I wonder what is the budget for this movie because from the still pictures, it looks like a low budget movie.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    I wonder what is the budget for this movie because from the still pictures, it looks like a low budget movie.
    what makes you say that? the pictures look fine to me.....like any other ordinary korean movie

Wow. It's the schoolgirl image!
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c View Post
    what makes you say that? the pictures look fine to me.....like any other ordinary korean movie
    It's the first picture that gives me the low-budgeted vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    It's the first picture that gives me the low-budgeted vibe.
    they probably haven't gotten to much editing yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    they probably haven't gotten to much editing yet...
    Yeah those weren't 'official' pictures.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

dunno which version of the Saya story will be in this movie, there is the movies and 54 episodes anime. Saya is immortal exist since the 1800 (IIRC )and has action in the Vietnam War, in 90s America and in Okinawa present day (she do hibernation, reappeared and re-enter hibernation regularly).

The story is complex and spanning more than 200 years with multi layered plot and hundreds of characters. The main important character other than Saya is Saya's chevalier - Haji. A guitar player and a brooding character. And then there is Saya's arch enemy Diva.

There are also group/organisations:
    - Red Shield
    - Cinq Flèches
    - The Schiff

and NO, saya is not Half Human Half Vampire, she was born (1883) from a Cocoon taken from a mumified vampire (Chiropteran). She is a MONSTER!, the same like her sister Diva
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 02-25-08 at 10:47 AM.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

sounds interesting....

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208 View Post
    dunno which version of the Saya story will be in this movie, there is the movies and 54 episodes anime. Saya is immortal exist since the 1800 (IIRC )and has action in the Vietnam War, in 90s America and in Okinawa present day (she do hibernation, reappeared and re-enter hibernation regularly).

The story is complex and spanning more than 200 years with multi layered plot and hundreds of characters. The main important character other than Saya is Saya's chevalier - Haji. A guitar player and a brooding character. And then there is Saya's arch enemy Diva.

There are also group/organisations:
    - Red Shield
    - Cinq Flèches
    - The Schiff

and NO, saya is not Half Human Half Vampire, she was born (1883) from a Cocoon taken from a mumified vampire (Chiropteran). She is a MONSTER!, the same like her sister Diva
    Guitar playing? I thought Haji plays and carries around a large cello.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Guitar playing? I thought Haji plays and carries around a large cello.
    I'm just generalizing, cello, guitar, whatever, they look the same to me, can't remember watching this long ago, at least Haji is badass and cool guy. Anyway the cello is only a disguise, it actually contain Saya's special Katana
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 02-25-08 at 12:42 PM.

Default Blood: The Last Vampire Real Action Movie

Starrying: My Sassy Girl(LOL) Jeon Ji Hyun

copy paste:

Directed by Chris Nahon (Kiss Of The Dragon) and featuring stunning action sequences choreographed by legendary action director Corey Yuen (Transporter 1 and 2; Jet Li’s The One; X-Men), BLOOD, THE LAST VAMPIRE tells the story of a mysterious girl known as Saya (Gianna Jun), who is employed by a covert US government agency to eradicate a species of vampire-demons that is about to threaten mankind. Half-demon herself, and armed with just a samurai sword and a whole bunch of attitude, Saya kicks vampire *** like nobody you have ever seen before. Forget Blade, forget Buffy, and check out the trailer to grace the screen.

Release Date: May 29th
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208 View Post
    I'm just generalizing, cello, guitar, whatever, they look the same to me, can't remember watching this long ago, at least Haji is badass and cool guy. Anyway the cello is only a disguise, it actually contain Saya's special Katana
    How could there be a generalization about musical instruments that gives off TOTALLY different sounds? Not only that, the size, the strings on the instrument, and the way they're played are completely different from each other.

See these pictures of Haji and the cello and then the acoustic guitar? They do *NOT* look the same! It's an insult to music and musical instruments when people cannot even tell the difference from the many different instruments. The way the cello and the guitar is held when played is different too! It's very hard to mistake or generalize two different instruments.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n62/gstardream/haji.jpg')

Guitar
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://pro.corbis.com/images/42-20910810.jpg?size=67&uid=%7BBAF56013-377D-4B18-87FE-D367CD39F652%7D')
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.