View Poll Results: Can you forgive your *best friend* if he/she cheated on you?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, there's a chance I might forgive him/her

4 14.29%
  • No, I don't think I can forgive him/her

24 85.71%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can you forgive your *best friend* if he/she cheated on you?

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Alright, let's alter the scenario slightly: what if your best friend did something behind your back with your crush. Can you ever forgive your best friend? And by forgive, I mean "put it behind you", not necessarily that you have to be good friends again.
    If my best friend knows that person is my crush and did that, I'd get hurt and probably need awhile to forgive. It would more or less shake the friendship. Depends on how much (my bestfriend) we've been through. For a 'thick & thin' friendship, I wouldn't want to forsake just because of a Crush.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

I'm not sure probably no, but not only her i wouldn't forgive my partner either. Although thankfully i've never been in the situation, i'm sure in reality if you were truelly in love with your partner then it would be hard to not be with them. Best to just make a clean break and forget them so they become unimportant to you so maybe the pain wouldn't be as bad and more likely to forgive?

My friends and my SO have very little contact with each other, i see his friends alot more and hang out as a group whereas he's scared of my friends

If it was just a crush if they were a true best friend then i can forgive her because it was only a crush.
    @)--;-----
    Yan Kuan
    Wot more do u want?!

short term no
    long term yes
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

A crush does not represent any kind of claim. If the principal has not acted upon this crush, then it is not reasonable for the principal to expect that the subject of his/her crush or the competing friend should wait around for the principal to make a move. Neither the subject of the crush or the competing friend has any ethical obligation to do so.

Under the circumstances, it doesn't look like the principal has any legitimate reason to be upset with the subject of his/her crush or his/her competing friend. That might be the way the principal reacts, but the reaction isn't reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Scenario: your best friend had an affair with your partner behind your back. Can you ever forgive your best friend after he/she did that?
    Forgive, but end of friendship...

AND relationship.
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

No, never, not a chance.

All is fair in love and war. If you have a crush and you didn't act before your friend, you have only yourself to blame.

Indonesia, where people will trap you in a Big Dipper formation if you steal a chicken...

My action: Visit that friend of mine, smack him on the head, and said 'I pity the phool who needs to go behind my back just to mess around with my fiance, when he could just ask me about it,' and then ask him to treat me for a lunch.

And yes, I do consider my friends more important than my love life.
    It was often said, "Among horses, Chi Tu (Red Hare). Among retards, Lu Bu."

Vice-President of Wuji Haters Club!

Originator of "Wuv Kuddly Hamsty" activity.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    a person who can have feelings for their friend's life partner should not call themself a friend.
    Have feelings and acting on the feelings is different matter. Feelings you can't control, but, what you do with the feeling, you can control.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Have feelings and acting on the feelings is different matter. Feelings you can't control, but, what you do with the feeling, you can control.
    Not necessarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Not necessarily.
    Care to elaborate?
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    Not really. Certain people will not like it, and I've had my fill fighting them.

Experience will make for a much more convincing argument than I could ever convey through words, anyway.

Get rid of "best" friend and partner should that happen. Ideally, I'd love to give them some permanent bodily damage (like removal of some parts) but that's illegal. Love to see them strike by lightning, rot somewhere, etc but getting them out of my life and move on with my life would be good enough.

If that person is only my crush, think I'd be hurt because she has kept it a secret rather than because that's my crush.

Never

To me the betrayal of a best friend hurts 100x more than a boyfriend.

No.

It be awful to experience it. A lose lose situation.
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

Nope, but although it'd be painful in the short run, she would have actually done me a favor by showing me both her true colors AND the true colors of the dickhead who cheated on me with her before our relationship advanced any further. So perhaps I'd consider sending her a thank-you note somewhere down the line.

Read a novel recently about a female who met her ex-husband a few years after their divorce and their relationship picked up again. When she was considering reconciliation, she found out by accident that after the divorce, he had became close friend with her best friend and the two even shared a sexual relationship. He ended the sexual part of the relationship with her best friend when he wanted his ex-wife back. There was no committment between him and her best friend.

The story may be fictional but wouldn't it be awkward for all of them?

Junior Member ArMaNi_Iz_D_bSt!!!'s Avatar

No way! off course not. I mean if my best friend cheated on me, then I would never be able to trust her ever again. Why??? - well because I know for a fact that I was wrong in trusting her in the first place and if I forgive her, it will mean she will expect me to trust her.

Once someone has abused someone elses trust, it's difficult to regain their trust again.
    ArMaNi_Iz_D_bSt!!!