Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Legend of the Longsword Master - Huang Yi

Default nice story

very similar to rens fan fiction story. Arctic Wolf

Its a little better writen then Arctice Wolf, but i think arctics wolfs plot and speed are a little better.

I would have to say rens plot and charecter selection are genuis. just his writin work dosent quite flow like jin young or a gu long. But the plot and veriety of charecters would be of standerd capable fo chalanging the greats.

Quote Originally Posted by aliderhamy View Post
    very similar to rens fan fiction story. Arctic Wolf

Its a little better writen then Arctice Wolf, but i think arctics wolfs plot and speed are a little better.

I would have to say rens plot and charecter selection are genuis. just his writin work dosent quite flow like jin young or a gu long. But the plot and veriety of charecters would be of standerd capable fo chalanging the greats.
    That is an interesting comparison. I think RWX's work certainly has more elements of fantasy than this one. That is a very powerful tool that he uses, because you are stuck wondering what is going to happen next.

So far this work has been firmly based in a reality much like ours. The things that have been attributed to magic or fantasy I have interpreted as innovations in technology, or old technologies long lost.

As for comparing which is better I can't really say. Since I was left with an urgency to see RWX's novel continue, to me that means it is a high quality work. As long as something is high quality I don't have to make comparisons because reading is a pleasure
    --=={Grundle}==--

Default cant sleep

hahaha i just keep having wierd emotional flashes. to much woxia reading... im paraniod about banshes and magicians... wheres my sword ?

I was not trying to compare quality of the works... as each one has its own merits. I was just indicating what parts of each one i liked best. Your right Hung Yi dose tend to reduce the fantisy aspect through logical explanations of science and technology
    Last edited by aliderhamy; 06-02-09 at 11:11 AM.

magic and fantasy will be coming soon, Huang Yi love sci fantasy, myth fantasy and other place, and this story have a bit of three together.

A new chapter.

It is interesting to find out there will be certain elements of both sci-fi and fantasy in this novel. I can't wait to see what happens.

----------------

Chapter 3 - The Sorcerer Shi Zhu

Two days later we caught up with what looked like Xi Qi's caravan. A curtain hung down around a horse drawn carriage surrounded by more than eighty mounted black helmet soldiers. They were moving sluggishly up the winding mountain road, but it didn't look like Ge Zhan had arrived yet. Qi Bei said, "If I am right, it looks like we are one step ahead of Ge Zhan."

"Good! Then we must take the opportunity to rescue Xi Qi." I replied.

Qi Bei admonished, "Remember our plan."

He dismounted his horse and crawled towards the mountain side. On this kind of mountain path it was easier to walk than ride. I also dismounted my horse so that I could use the mountain as a shield while the tail of the caravan disappeared
    around a bend. The road was extremely precarious; on one side the mountain itself could give support while the other was bordered by a steep cliff. This type of terrain was perfectly suited for combatting a numerically superior force. Qi Bei has proven himself to be an experienced soldier.

The caravan worked its way up the mountain like a long creeping snake. I felt a small breeze caress my face and thought that this place offered the best direction to release the confusion fragrance. I immediately took out the small vial that Qi Bei gave me, poured some powder on my finger and smeared it underneath my nose. This was the antidote to the confusion fragrance. A strong pungent odor assaulted my nose. Even though I was prepared for it, I still ended up choking back a coughing fit. A small thin wisp of smoke that was practically invisible began to move towards the head of the caravan. The smoke moved very slowly and it appeared to be nothing more than condensation on the road. The wind didn't blow it off, neither did it rise from the road. I secretly praised the sorcerer who created such an unexpected invisible weapon. Without even fighting he was able to injure people with a drug, it was definitely a strange technique. That was why the sorceror Wu Shou was the most heavily depended upon of the three top generals. I had only seen the sorcerer two times. His dark bearing would often cause people to tremble. It is said that he is an extremely immoral person. His favorite thing to do is to inhumanely abuse virgin maidens. According to my father the sorcerer came from an evil country that was far away.

The ruler of that country is called Lian Da, and even Wu Shao was terrified of the "Witch Emperor".

The caravan finally entered into the fragrance. I raised my sword and rapidly rushed forward. "Peng!" The black helmet soldier in the lead fell off his horse. The entire group was thrown into chaos. More than ten soldiers successively fell from their horses. Some of the carriages that were rolling down the mountain slope added to the chaotic noise.

I calmly leaped and all the sudden I arrived at the end of the caravan. Several intoxicated black hemlet soldiers turned their horses to face me, but I could see that they were shaking and ready to fall. At that point they were barely supporting themselves.

I deeply breathed through my nose to draw the antidote in. Everyone else was already under the strong influence of the confusion fragrance. The sword in my hand flashed like lightning and two black helmet soldiers immediately fell. I jumped on to a riderless warhorse and I began to fight my way to the carriage in the middle.

After suffering so many humiliations I was especially happy to be killing these soldiers. A pitiful cry came from the front of the caravan as Qi Bei started his attack. Now the number of black helmet soldiers who hadn't fallen to the ground was less than twenty people. The carriage was already only ten steps away.

I exerted my strength and the two black helmet soldiers guarding the carriage fell in a splash of blood. Qi Bei had also reached the front of the carriage and kicked the soldiers who fainted off. He called out loudly, "Get on!"

I wouldn't dare hesitate, as I jumped off the horse, pulled the carriage door open, and dove inside. A woman with long hair was laying on the floor dressed in black warrior clothing. Her face was facing downwards so I couldn't see her appearance, but I already knew she wasn't Xi Qi. I began to examine her closely and saw that compared to a beautiful person she is incomparibly gorgeous. Both of her eyes were shut tightly, her skin was soft, smooth, and snow white, however her only defect was that the bridge of her nose was a little too high with a slight bend. It made me think that she was a strong, heartless person. My gaze switched to her left hand, which was holding tightly on to a cylinder. It looked like some sort of signal flare, but she obviously fainted before she could launch it. At her side was a sword carrying the symbol of a spider engraved on the hilt.

My heart shook as I recognized who she was. Qi Bei shouted fiercely and the carriage began to move. Deep in thought I immediately lost my balance. "Peng!" sounded out as I hit the back of the carriage.

The carriage kept accelerating, while my despair also continued to grow. Qi Bei shouted to clear the way, "Move!"

I called out, "Our plan failed, this is a trap. Xi Qi isn't in the carriage, it's the 'Black Widow'".

Unexpectedly Qi Bei leisurely replied with a laugh, "If it is really her, then it is just like we found Xi Qi. Tie her up quickly!"

I was startled but quickly understood. That old man is wily, I should study him well. The black widows is one of the emperor's favored generals, and the sorcerer's lover. Since we have caught her, then naturally we can exchange her for Xi Qi. I carried out Qi Bei's command immediately. The carriage sped accross the mountain road as the sky began to darken.

The carriage stopped and I threw the Black Widow over my shoulder. I jumped out of the carriage to go. Qi Bei walked over and raised her face with his hand and looked carefully before he said, "She really does have a charming face. No wonder she could make the sorcerer obsessed with her." We heard a sudden hoofbeat from behind. Qi Bei sneered, "Ge Zhan has finally realized what happened. Lets go." We began to vigorously and agilely climb a nearby hill, especially Qi Bei. But I remember that Xi Qi also said that his body wasn't doing so good. Maybe his "soul" was feeling old.
    --=={Grundle}==--

New update, enjoy

-------------------

Without a word I carried the exception assassin Black Widow on my back as I nervously followed. Just a moment ago I was eagerly escaping, I never imagined I would be carrying such an unusual package. I became aware of Black Widow's heat radiating from her soft skin supported by a strong body. She possessed an explosively powerful sexual lure. Qi Bei stopped and turned his head to me saying, "Stay here and guard, I will go on ahead and set up a false trail. It will lead them to take the wrong side road."

I watched his back as he faded into the fog of the dusktime mountain forest. I couldn't help but admire this man whose sword shook the empire. He will be an inspiration for my future accomplishments. My sword must be like his, having wisdom that creates a plan, having principles with bright ideals, and only then can I display an astonishing potential.

I placed the Black Widow to one side and after a quick thought, I took out anothe rope and firmly tied both her hands and feet. I won't easily forget her formidable reputation. This time it was easy to capture her, but it was only by a lucky coincidence. If Qi Bei had not released the confusion powder he got from the sorcerer, it is possible that I would have mistaken her for Xi Qi and would be in her place right now.

The Black Widow was wearing black leather that fit tightly to her body. Light easily reflected off, making me think of a poisonous viper's body.

At that moment her eyelash made a small movement. If I had not been paying close attention to her I would have missed it completely.

An idea flashed through my head as I realized I hadn't gagged her tiny mouth. If she yelled out how could she not expose our position.

Better late than never I coldly said, "I know that you are awake, go ahead and scream! If you utter the slightest noise I will take my sword and draw a beautiful line down your pretty smooth face." All women instinctually love to look beautiful, so naturally the Black Widow won't be an exception. Her tender body shook and she opened her eyes. She looked at me from below, but had her gaze fixed on me. A seductive look entered her eye as she flashed me a charming smile.

I foolishly stared at her. Although it was only for a second, but it was enough to make me regret it.

From a ball her body suddenly extended as she sprung from her tied up feet and shot towards my abdomen. Her waist was astonishingly powerful. Even though she launched a fatal attack she still had a soft expression in her eye almost like flowing water. She never revealed her intention to launch such an attack at me.

I didn't have enough time to avoid so I leaned to one side. My thigh received the total force of her attack and I felt severe pain as I tumbled away. After rolling backward I used my momentum to immediately roll back to my feet.

At the same time I drew my sword, but I no longer needed it. The Black Widow was stil laying on the ground, her hands and feet still tightly bound. It was hard for her to use the victory to press her advantage.

I angrily shouted, "I'll kill you!" Black Widow merely smiled, "Lan Te you are handsome and have achieved genuine martial skill. Its no wonder the princess has taken a liking to you."

"Shut up!"

Black Widow responded with a flirting glance and supply replied, "All men love to hear my voice, to shut up would be your loss."

Instead of anger I responded with a smile, "Why don't you start screaming then? It wouldn't be so bad to ask Ge Zhan to come and rescue you."

It looked like black widow wanted to laugh, but she bit her lip saying, "There are others with you, they aren't going to conveniently let you fall into Ge Zhan's hand."

I coldly replied, "You afraid that I will mark up your pretty face with my sword?" Black Widow smiled and abruptly stood up causing her breasts to bounce in response. Her body, also an enemy to men, caused me to constantly swallow my saliva.

It was a long time before she happily said, "That little girl is still in Ge Zhan's hands. All you have to do is take me and make an exchange, therefore there is no reason for you to harm me. That is why I will not call out. Others have already told you this, why don't you believe it?"

She deliberately swayed her body from side to side, causing me to remember the taste of carrying her body so closely before.

I pulled myself together and shook off her seductive charms. In a low voice forcefully said, "Hmph! I would have to be crazy to think you really like me, otherwise you wouldn't have attacked me just a moment ago."

"Aiya!" came a dissapointed sound from Black Widow. "Aren't I allowed to test whether you have real ability before I offer you my mind and body?"

Black Widow was sly as a fox, she was even able to make me a little confused. Fortunately as I considered these things to myself I couldn't find justification for her behavior.

She fearlessly flashed a tender smile while she seductively said, "Come! Loosen these ropes and let me show you the most pleasurable thing a man could ever experience."

I replied in disgust, "Shut up! I know you are just trying to stall for time." Her face suddenly drained of color and her charming disposition was immediately replace with an arrogant bearing. It was very difficult to think that the charming
    sexy woman of a moment ago was the very same woman I was looking at now.

She proudly said, "Yes! I was stalling for time. You have always been such a fool, but now it is too late."

I was digesting her words when I felt a strong breeze from behind. In amazement I threw myself to the ground and immediately rolled completely evading the attack. My clothes still burst apart and ten bloodstains appeared as I felt a severe burning pain.
    --=={Grundle}==--

To Continue

--------------------

The sound of beating wings penetrated the sky and dust was scattered about. I turned over on the ground and was lucky to catch a glimpse of the eight foot wingspan of a vulture. It was ascending powerfully under the moonlight when suddenly it dove down towards me. It had an ominous burning look in its eye.

I didn't have enough time to draw my sword so I struggled to roll away, which took me farther away from Black Widow.

The vulture didn't pursue me, but unexpectedly flew over to Black Widow. I shouted but it was ineffective. With a leap I sprung forward and threw myself at her, but I was a step too late. Using one claw the clever vulture tore at the ropes binding Black Widow's feet, and with the other it tore at the ropes binding her hands. In a moment she was free again and with a laugh she stood up. The vulture flew a circle and landed again on her shoulder. A pair of fierce eyes eagerly gazed at me, as if it wanted to jump at me and test me out.

I stopped my advance saying, "The sorcerer has already come, so you intentionally delayed me by drawing out our conversation. All so you could let your pet save you."

Black Widow maliciously replied, "Did you really think you were so attractive? Hah! You aren't even fit to lick my shoe."

My heart flipped in my chest. I suddenly turned around and fled toward the cover of the forest. I lost the opportunity to capture her, and now the only thing I can do before the sorcerer and Ge Zhan arrive is to escape. At the same time I understood why Qi Bei had not returned for such a long time. First, he could have met the sorcerer. Another possibility is that he was hiding in the forest, and did not dare to move, to escape the scrutiny of that vulture.

Black Widow screamed, "Pursue him!" Immediately I heard the sound of rapidly beating wings as the vulture took flight. I raised my guard as I continued my anxious escape to the forest.

The vulture did not dive to attack me, it just followed me through the air. This was causing me a huge headache, since it was exposing my whereabouts to everyone. It would be easy for the sorcerer and everyone else to capture me. It also continuously cried out to help point out my position.

In my haste I kicked a large stone with my foot, lost my balance and fell down. It just happened to be on the side of a steep hillside. I looked like a rolling stone as I crashed down the hillside. Only when I reached a copse of trees did I finally stop my descent. The vulture circled under the bright moonlight, observing my situtation. I resolved my heart, and decided to make a bet on my luck. If I couldn't kill their pet tonight, then I would have to give up any idea of escape.

I closed both of my eyes and became motionless. The vulture dove down and at the last second rose up again, as its large wings kicked up the dust. It made me feel very uncomfortable.

It was testing my reaction. I could hear the slight sound of people walking in the distance. The sorcerer and Ge Zhan should have met up with Black Widow by now. Their next step would be to capture me with all of their strength. The three most feared people in the empire have been sent to capture me. I can't say whether I am honored or afraid. The vulture tested me again as it dove once more.

I heard the sound of it extending its talons, and felt a strong wind coming. It was time.

Without a sound I swung my sword with all my strength. Blood splashed from the neck of the vulture. It rapidly rose up, instantly turning into a tiny dot in the sky. It called out miserably as it left.

I knew the vulture might not live. My sword was extremely sharp, so I was able to cut open it's neck but I wasn't able to behead it entirely. If I am correct it should be able to fly back to the sorcerer before it takes it's last breath. The day I broke into the prison my father's eyes had been gouged out. That vulture's sharp claws were responsible. My hatred was lessened slightly by this small act of revenge. I made an effort to roll again. I continued down the hill but this time it was deliberate. I expected my entire body to ache at the end, but fortunately there weren't any large obstructions. When I reached the bottom of the hill I jumped to my feet and continued to run away.

Within the thick forest I encountered a dark shadow. I was about to swing my sword when my opponent shouted, "Stop!"

Pleasantly surprise I called out, "It's you!" Qi Bei replied, "Come with me!" I followed him deeper into the dense forest. We arrived at a large thick tree. Qi Bei began to crawl and motioned back for me to crawl as well.

I was puzzled. Hadn't we gained an opportunity to escape? After we concealed ourselves up in the tree Qi Bei whispered quietly into my ear, "This is our only opportunity to turn defeat into victory. The sorcerer thinks that we have fled to a distant place. They will scatter to chase us, which gives us an advantage."

Qi Bei's latest plan left a bad taste in my mouth. Instantly we heard the sound of people, and the noise of tramping military boots through the trees and grass. We didn't dare raise our heads to look, in fear that we would cause the tree branches to move and alert the enemy to our presence.

Ge Zhan's voice rang out, "They couldn't have run far. We should separate into three groups and pursue them."

A coarse, penetrating voice replied, "If you find them bring them to me. I am going to tear their dead bodies into ten thousand little pieces!"

My heart constricted as I recognized the sorcerer's voice. It gave me pleasure to hear his hatred. The black widow's chilly voice said, "That child can't think he has any real skill."

Ge Zhang snorted disdainfully, "Out of all the people who have opposed the empire, who has had a good fate? A traitor's only end is death."

Wasn't Qi Bei the empires most renowned rebel, and wasn't he living pretty well? Although he represented the strongest opposition to the emperor, Qi Bei couldn't directly contend with the empire. With his natural wisdom and sword skill wasn't he able to evade for so long? As I thought about these things my mind flew to the ruins from the map. Does that place really have the power to defeat the empire's strength? The empire occupies over ten thousand li of land. There are hundreds of thousands of black helmet warriors. In addition when supported by the hunters and farmers, they may be able to mobilize a force of half a million people. There is nobody that can be considered a worthy opponent to that, so why haven't they eliminated Mo Nu?

From the tree we heard the sorcerer's sharp high voice, "Us three will split into three separate groups. We will chase them to the great plains where the emperor's army is waiting. I am afraid by that time they will have already flown to heaven."

Qi Bei and I were so startled that we both almost fell out of the tree. Originally the emperor personally led the army. He really thought highly of me. That also proved that the emperor thought that I had gained the key to finding the power to defeat the empire.

The sorceror then began to describe the routes we might use to escape. Naturally we heard them described one by one. At this point I admired Qi Bei. If we had rashly tried to escape we would have certainly fallen into the sorcerer's schemes. From beneath the tree we heard the sounds of movement. The noise of the people faded as they gradually travelled farther away. Fortunately they couldn't use horses in the mountain wilderness, otherwise it would be impossible for us to chase the enemy.

Qi Bei has prudently dealt with another situtation. He motioned me to crawl out of the tree. I emerged into the moonlight confused, but we turned towards Black Widow's group to pursue.

Half an hour later we caught up to the tail of her group. We deliberately followed them from a distance, so that we could wait for the Black Widow and the Sorcerer's troops to be separated by a greater distance. There were about thirty to forty people in the group. If we attacked them directly we might not win, so the only method left was sneak attack.

On such a dark night in a secluded wooded mountain with Qi Bei by my side, this was an extremely advantageous environment.

At that moment the black widow's troop was about to cross over a mountain top. Qi Bei clearly shouted to me, "Go!"

We looked like arrows as we shot forward, our swords leaving their sheaths. We began to kill at the tail of the group. Our attack was so unexpected that they had no time to defend. They were so surprised that within such a small amount of time, ten black helmet soldiers were already dead.

The group immediately fell into extreme confusion. Once again because of the slope we killed our way to the peak. Under our mighty offensive the enemy scattered.

Black Widow's cry rang out directing her soldiers to turn around and kill. A flare shot up high in the sky, to summon the distant groups for assistance. She hadn't used the flare before, because she was overcome by the confusion powder. This time she used the flare, but she had little hope of anyone coming to her assistance in time.

I let out a low roar while my sword moved like a poisonous dragon, coiling and spitting. Every thrust of my sword was backed by sufficient strength. Suddenly I thrust in and chopped down several soldier's who were stubbornly resisting. Although I had received several wounds on my body, they were light and didn't effect my battle efficiency at all.

Sword light shot towards me; Black Widow had arrived. I displayed my skills blocking a round from a hurried attack that she launched. Both of us put our full strength behind our strikes in order to gain the victory.

Her sword style was by no means soft. It was more like a large river rushing forth. Under the moonlight it looked like a ribbon of poison violently soaring about. I not only had to use my full eyesight, but I also had to listen carefully for the wind generated.

Black Widow successively made eleven anxious thrusts at me. *ding ding, dang dang* Her sword was suddenly a little bit slower, and her power diminished as well. Even if she can attack with fresh power, I will still probably be able to kill her.

The opportunity quickly came. Without a word I ruthlessly swept my sword upwards. I felt like I was in the middle of a sandy plain fighting in a battle with ten thousand people. Within my heart rose a cruel inhuman sensation. Scared of my overhwelming presence, the black widow fled in panic. She no longer dared to meet my sword head on.

I followed my victory with a hot pursuit. I made use of the clear difference in a man's strength against a woman and swung my sword in swift and fierce arcs. The strong winds swept the leaves away, while black widow blocked with great difficulty, forced to retreat slowly step by step.

Black Widow now knew that it would take more forty swords to defeat me. *Ding!* The sword in Black Widow's hand flew away. The point of my sword reached her throat.
    --=={Grundle}==--

thanks for the update. keep going. we're looking forward.

yes....
    thanks so much... looking forward to the almost daily updates
    please o please keep it up!!

That was so freaking awesome. I loved the battle between Widow and Lan Te. One thing I m interested in is how or if he is gonna progress in skill, besides from learning from qi bei. You know the traditional falls down the cliff and discovers powerful martial arts route lol. Thanks for the updates Grundle I am deeply appreciative of them. The story is really starting to pick up , and get quite interesting!

lol that was awsome :-)

thanks

Another exciting update.

Thanks again to Jean for helping me with a tough phrase
    Sorry for taking so long to get this one up.

---------------

Her erect bosom unceasingly moved up and down, while she stared at me with an odd expression. She closely examined me while nervously biting her lip and maintaining total silence. These things together gave her an appearance that could move men's hearts, when at this point they should really be on guard. The sorcerer was willing to use Xi Qi to exchange for her. Qi Bei leisurely waked up behind Black Widow and suddenly he chopped her on the side of the neck. She let out a small grunt and then fell towards me. I hastily moved my sword to my right hand, and caught her with my left hand, hugging her towards me. I caught her warm fragrant body and layed her down in a soft bed of vegetation.

Qi Bei said, "Tie her up, and this time don't let her escape." I carefully examined a rope as I complied with his orders.

This time I tied her hands behind her back. No matter how sly she is, she will find it difficult to use them to betray me again.

"Walk Quickly! They are coming." said Qi Bei. The next morning I climbed up a mountain peak. This place overlooked the Sorcerer and Ge Zhan's camp. There were at least one thousand black helmet soldiers spread out below me.

Last night he gathered back together his dispersed strength, but I have a bargaining chip.

I stood up from my hiding place and loudly shouted, "Sorcerer! Sorcerer!" The black helmet soldier's raised their heads towards me in surprise.

I called again, "Sorcerer! Show yourself!" I thought to myself that this had to be the first time someone dared to call him out like this. The sorcerer and Ge Zhan both emerged from a tent, raised their heads and gazed in my direction.

"Both of you don't move an inch, otherwise I will run away immediately. You will also forever lose the chance to see Black Widow again."

Anger reflected in both of their eyes. The Sorcerer sadly replied, "But you would also lose any opportunity to see your woman again." Beneath my high perch, there were only about a hundred yards that separated me from the sorcerer. I could see every wrinkle etched in his face and he appeared to be grinning wickedly. He had an evil glint in his eye. I had no idea what evil scheme he was planning.

The sorcerer clapped his hands and four large men walked out to lift a long flat wooden plank. As they turned towards me, laying on top I thought I could make out Xi Qi in the morning sun. Her eyes were shut tight. She was still unconcious.

A shiver ran through my mind. This was proof of how cunning the sorcerer was. He already planned on me arriving that morning to request an exchange of prisoners. That is why he had such a setup, because he wanted me to be in a psychologically inferior position. I calmly said, "How do I know you didn't do anything to her? If I am going to receive damaged goods then the deal is off."

The sorcerer laughed, "As long as you swear on your father Lan Ling's soul, then I will lay this woman down, you may inspect her, and once you are satisfied you can immediately return Black Widow. At that point the transaction can be considered complete, what do you think?"

The plan sounded too easy so I ended up hesitating instead. Ge Zhan added, "From there we will resume our little game of soldiers catch the thief. Then we'll see who the winner is."

"Only truth and justice are the winners, good! I accept the exchange." I said

As expected the sorcerer readily agreed as well. He commanded everyone to retreat and left only Xi Qi laying on the ground. I made sure the sorcerer really retreated before I rapidly moved to Xi Qi's side. I had to consider the possibility that I may not be able to completely check her here. I carefully began to examine her. I discovered that besides some old wounds her whole body was intact, her breathing was even, and her pulse was normal. She was merely unconcious. I gently slapped her face and she responded with a groan. Her body swayed from side to side before her eyes slowly came open. She saw it was me and cried out in disbelief, "Lan Te! Is it really you?" Her tears flowed freely. I hugged her to my chest, overflowing with pity. Xi Qi's body began to tremble uncontrollably while she choked with sobs. This is naturally how an innocent girl would react after such a terrifying experience.

With difficulty I said, "Are....Are you all right? They didn't...." Xi Qi shook her head saying, "No!" I said, "I guess Ge Zhan still has a shred of humanity left." Originally I thought that since he was deeply in love with the princess, who was promised to me, he would surely violate Xi Qi in revenge. Xi Qi cried, "No! He is an animal. He wanted to rape me, but when he saw my golden locket hanging around my neck he had second thoughts and let me off."

From the collar of her shirt she shyly pulled out a chain and revealed a tiny gold locket and showed it to me. Engraved on the locket was a monster with a human head and a serpentine body. The workmanship was so fine and ornate that the figure was very life-like. I stared at it for some time before asking, "Who gave this to you?"

Xi Qi said, "From some smallplace." I knew that I wouldn't find out until I asked Qi Bei. I helped her stand up saying, "Can you walk?"

Xi Qi nodded. Two hours later we met Qi Bei in a hiding place within a mountain forest. I related the entire process of the exchange for Xi Qi while Qi Bei patiently listened. Several times he inquired about the events. Finally he creased his brow as he thought deeply about what I said.

After Xi Qi saw her grandfather her emotions stabilized tremendously. Qi Bei turned to Xi Qi and with infinite tenderness asked, "Xi Qi, before you went unconcious do you remember what happened?"

Xi Qi stared at him stupidly before replying vaguely, "That's strange. Why can't I remember anything either?"

Qi Bei's face carried a worried expression as he turned to me, "Although the sorcerer's main technique is using poisons, Xi Qi doesn't look like she has been poisoned. I still can't help feeling anxious about it." Xi Qi's long luxuriant hair was tied up in bun. It was held up with a small hairpin through the middle, giving it a perfect grace. There didn't seem to be a thing wrong.

I asked, "Where is black widow?" Qi Bei pointed to a tree, "In that tree." I stood up and began to walk in the direction that he pointed. Qi Bei shouted at me, "What are you doing?" I turned my head saying, "The sorcerer gave us Xi Qi. Naturally I have to give Black Widow back." Qi Bei gazed at me for a long time before waving his hand, "Maybe you are right." After he said that he turned around and walked over to Xi Qi.

Soon I was beside Black Widow and I patted her awake. I untied her bonds and said, "You are free to go." While she rubbed her hands and feet, that were numb from the restraints, she stared at me with her large sparkling eyes. Suddenly she said in a soft voice, "I have never met anyone with a spirit as heroic as yours." After she took another deep look at me she quickly vanished into the forest.

Qi Bei walked over saying, "It isn't suitable for us to stay here much longer. Lets go." We reversed our direction and retreated towards the sorcerer before we cut north. While we were climbing up a mountain Qi Bei stopped, and pointed at the distance mountain range saying, "Over there is the Cloud Mountain range. If we go a hundred miles in that direction we will find the two largest cities of the empire, Sunrise city and Moon city. Past Moon City we'll find the Moon River which flows right into Mo Nu lake. Mo Nu city is established on the banks of the lake.

Captivated I stared at the beauiful scenery when Xi Qi arrived at my side. She took my arm in hers and said, "Will you take me there?"

Awkwardly I looked at Qi Bei, but he was completely concentrated looking out into the distance. It didn't look like he paid attention to anything we said. I put my arm out and hugged Xi Qi and whispered into her ear, "No matter where I go, I'll take you there."

Xi Qi closed her beautiful eyes and a crystal tear came out. It looked like all of her misery was expunged with that one tear.

Qi Bei spoke, "Go!" We walked towards the mountains and the day began to slowly dim. While on the road we didn't speak again. We didn't stop again until midnight where we lit a fire in a cave and ate rabbit that we caught the day before. Xi Qi leaned up against me and fell asleep. I hoped that after going through so many terrible things, she was having a good dream.

Qi Bei said, "Did you know? The sorcerer has a secret tracking technique. They say it is impossible to throw him off. In the past if he had tracked me I probably wouldn't have escaped." I didn't say anything as I thought about what he said. After a long time I spoke, "While we were on the road I had the feeling that we were being watched the whole time." Qi Bei raised his head and sighed, "Lan Ling to have such a son, you can die content. The second you closed your eyes you brought out his sleeping sword sense. In the future he will defeat the emperor for you, together with decisive help. I am old, my days are numbered."

I felt an uneasy feeling in my heart. Since I met Qi Bei this was the first time I had seen him show any signs of depression. I didn't know if his heart would be refreshed the closer we go to Mo Nu. He certainly didn't tell the entire story of what happened back then. Xi Qi's past is also a mystery. The fact that she is carrying that golden locket, there has to be a big story behind it. Otherwise Ge Zhan wouldn't have restrained his raging anger and stopped himself from violating her.

Xi Qi rested her head on me, her breathing was even. I felt her warmth and could smell her fragrance. My heart was overflowing with joy. I suddenly became aware of my feelings, that I would do anything to protect her.

Qi Bei sighed, "If you take the map to the demoness, I guarantee that she will protect you with all her strength. She also wants to find the Lost Cemetary."

Astonished I must have been grinning from ear to ear, "What? Wasn't the map on the last page in the Canon of Wisdom? Father already stole it from Mo Nu, so naturally she must have seen it."

Qi Bei shook his head saying, "The map was written with a strange substance into the canon, that would respond to sunlight. On the same day that Lan Ling and I were dueling, the Canon of Wisdom fell to the ground, the pages turned and the map slowly appeared. At that time I didn't know that the map was so important. When I went back and told the demoness she told me to reclaim it, because the beginning of the Canon mentioned the existence of the map.

I didn't think that it was possible for something like that to happen. There were so many things running through my head, that I couldn't completely grasp what was going on. "Dong!" A strange sound came from a distant place. Stunned, Qi Bei and I felt that something wasn't right. It sounded like the beating of a large drum. Within the barren mountain wilderness who would be beating on a large drum so late at night?

Xi Qi shook and opened her eyes, "Dong!"

This time the noise was louder, it was clearly the sound of a drum. "Careful!" warned Qi Bei.

I reacted already, but it was too late. I felt a fresh breeze suddenly approaching me coming from where Xi Qi was lying down. My mind went blank, and I couldn't figure out what was happening. Qi Bei shoved me with his palm.

The bright flash of an iron hairpin passed by my face. The straight thrust punctured Qi Bei's left shoulder. He grunted and retreated backwards.

The iron hairpin went in a circle and shot towards me again. I yelled, "Xi Qi, you're insane!"

She really was insane. Within her eyes reflected a strange blue-green color. Her hairpin relentlessly stabbed towards me. She completely transformed into another person.

Outside the sound of the drumbeat became more anxious. In distress I anxiously dodged the flashing hairpin. Worse yet, I had to subdue her without killing her.

Qi Bei called out, "Catch the sword!" He was ready to toss me the sword. I raised my foot and kicked towards her right shoulder, but she nimbly dodged. While she dodged I took the opportunity to receive the sword.

"Clang!" The sword left it's sheath. The drumbeat suddenly changed. Xi Qi's whole body trembled, she turned around, and walked towards the entrance of the cave. I shouted wildly and began to chase her, but she already vanished into the dark forest.

I knelt on the ground as dissapointment washed through me. Just when I thought we were victorious it all came crashing down. The sorcerer performed some sort of witchcraft on Xi Qi and turned her into a fierce chess piece. Now Xi Qi has fallen into his hand again and our imminent defeat is close. From within the cave came Qi Bei's moan.

I rushed into the cave and Qi Bei sat leaning up agains the wall. His face was gray and his eyes were glazed over.

Sadly I asked, "How are you?" Qi Bei shook his head, "The heavy poison from the hairpin is already in me. I was unable to save the day. Don't try to save Xi Qi again, go immediately to Mo Nu. Once you are there you will understand.....Quick! They will never let you go." As he said that his head leaned to the side and with that the greatest sword of a generation passed away!

Chapter 3 End

--------

Geez what a sad ending to that chapter
    --=={Grundle}==--

Thanks for translating this.
    Interesting update. I initially thought Qi Bei would have a chance to impart some of his skills before eventually kicking the bucket somewhere in the story.

Another new chapter. I hope you guys are enjoying this. It is a gripping tale.

----------------------

Chapter 4 - The Beginning of a Great Slaughter

I knelt down by his side. Since I was born I have never felt such grief and indignation! On the day that I saw my father in the prison, I had already come to grips with my grief. I had already changed it into a resolve to fight against the empire, but now Xi Qi was gone and Qi Bei died!

I always knew that the sorcerer possessed unimaginable strength, but it was a superficial knowledge. Who would have imagined that after today's unexpectedly terrible events that I would come to a profound knowledge of it. I took Qi Bei's sword. Now I carry his and my father's blood debt on my back, and Xi Qi is also in their hands.

I didn't know what method the sorcerer used to control her. I only know that it was related to the drumbeat. No wonder he was so willing to make the exchange.

I secured Qi Bei's sword to my back and with large strides I left the cave. Outside the cave I couldn't hear the slightest sound of human activity through the pitch black darkness.

I suddenly recalled a few words that my father had said. He said that after the sorcerer executed a technique he would need some time to rest in order to restore his ability. As I stood in the quiet darkness it seemed like his advice was true.

The sorcerer wanted to track us without us finding out. Most likely he sent one person to follow us. The question is, where is he hiding? Somehow I must find, on this dark wooded mountain, their hiding place, but it is like looking for a needle in a haystack. I calmed my racing heart and thought about what the sorcerer's next cunning step would be.

If I were the sorcerer I would certainly come and examine whether Qi Bei and myself were killed, but he is careful. He would certainly not expose himself to unnecessary danger, so he has two choices. The first is to wait for his own recovery, but that means that any survivor will have made a distant escape. This plan is probably not his first choice.

Next he could send Ge Zhan to come here. As I thought of this my fighting spirit was aroused. If I could kill the sorcerer then it would be a serious blow to the empire itself.

Without hesitation I climbed up to a high place. I arrived at a large stone outcrop that overlooked the valley of the cave below. I thought that the sorcerer's plan to summon Xi Qi was a shrewd move. If one of us hadn't been injured, then we would naturally pursue her without a second thought. We would have run right back to him again, and fallen right into his trap.

With the sorcerer's cunning and abilities in strategy, you can't let your guard down for even half a minute.

*BOOM*

A ray of blue-green light slowly ascended high into the sky before it burst into a seven colored blossomming firework.

I felt great happiness in my heart. I quickly calculated the location from where the firework was launched and carefully ran in that direction. I was going slow, but I didn't think the sorcerer realized I was coming.

I snuck quietly through the dark woods, guided only by the weak light of the stars. I came upon a clearing in the thick forest and examined it carefully.

The sorcerer's shadow stood within the clearing while Xi Qi stood in front of him. The sorcerer had his head lowered and was muttering in a strange language. Finally he raised his head and said, "Take off your clothes."

I heard the rustling of fabric as Xi Qi took off all her clothes. The beautiful shape of her skin and body added a brilliance to once weak starlight. I suppressed the resentment growing in my heart as I waited for the most suitable moment to launch a sneak attack. Just as I thought, the sorcerer's voice was too hoarse to speak clearly any more. He clearly lost a lot of vitality to perform this technique.

The sorcerer said, "Clever child you really are rare. If it wasn't for your virgin innocence I wouldn't have been able to conquer you, and become your master so quickly. Come! Right now you feel like you need a man very much. Thats right! This is it."

From Xi Qi's mouth came a love filled moan, as she gradually walked towards the sorcerer. The sorcerer had an obscene smile on his face as he chuckled to himself. His mind was completely entranced by the beautiful female body.

Unexpectedly I sprang out and struck with the sword in my hand. Lightning soared toward the sorcerer's back.

His whole body shook and was about to flee but the sword had already passed through his body. He shouted wildly and threw himself at Xi Qi.

Frightened a hiss escaped my lips. The sorcerer pulled Xi Qi's naked body into his embrace impaling her on the end of the sword as well. Xi Qi cried out pitifully, and rolled with the sorcerer as they fell on the ground. I threw myself at the sorcerer's dying body and pulled him back up. The sword came out of Xi Qi's chest.

Wild with rage I kicked the sorcerer aside and removed the sword at the same time. This kick was backed by my entire strength and rage. The sorcerer cried out in misery as his entire left ribcage shattered. He fell to the ground and turned into a pile of soft meat.

I cradled Xi Qi's head to my chest. She opened her eyes and her lips trembled while I listened intently. She said, "If this all happened again, I would have still saved you.....important.....love you." After that she was silent, she died.

I heard the weak noise of a large group of people moving. I suppressed my grief as I quickly removed Xi Qi's locket. I placed her on a large pile of deadwood, and lit it on fire. When the flames swallowed her entire body I endured my tears and left. I heard the sounds of the flames and the people in the distance, but I knew that my heart stayed in that place to accompany Xi Qi.

There is no longer any power in this world that could possibly change my determination to overthrow the empire. Like a corpse I forced myself to pass through the forest. By a miracle I didn't meet up with any imperial soldiers. I certainly didn't believe that the emperor would let me off. My only advantage was that the emperor didn't know where I was going, because nobody knew where the ruins were, including me. Before Qi Bei died, his instructions to go to Mo Nu were deeply engraved in my heart. Therefore, I set out for the mystical and advanced country of Mo Nu. I had the locket that I took from Xi Qi's neck, and I often stroked it gently and looked at it. Only when I look at this locket do I have beautiful memories of Xi Qi. Finally I hung it around my neck.
    --=={Grundle}==--

Oh sh-it, Xi Qi died already...

May i ask as to when Huang Yi wrote this? Before the more celebrated novels?

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Default lol

this sucks every one died...
    so whats the piont of this noval ?
    every ones dead

yes, this is one of HY's early books.

yes, this is one of HY's early books.
    Thanks I didn't know exactly when he wrote it. I did some research, and the only thing I could find out is that he used sex in his earlier work to try and get more readers. As he has progressed he has put less in his newer works.

Quote Originally Posted by aliderhamy View Post
    this sucks every one died...
    so whats the piont of this noval ?
    every ones dead
    If you want me to stop here I can.
    --=={Grundle}==--

Quote Originally Posted by Grundle View Post
    If you want me to stop here I can.
    Please don't. You're doing a fine job.

Please don't stop. Remember any comments from readers means they are engaged and interested in the story.

Only when no one ever makes comment then you should stop. Because it means no one is reading.