Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Legend of the Longsword Master - Huang Yi

We're looking forward to the next update. Plz keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by sainuu View Post
    We're looking forward to the next update. Plz keep going.

yerh wheres my update ... lol
    hope everything is fine with you grundle. and that life is treating you well.

I have been missing you. Hope you are keeping up the translation, but if not please drop a notice so I don't die a little more each day from not seeing an update!

Hi Grundle, how I miss u, month already ......
    hope you're ok

Hey guys, I wanted to drop in and give an update. I am working 3 jobs right now, so I haven't had the time I need to dedicate this. Hopefully I will be able to pick it up back up soon. I have no intention of abandoning the project, because like all of you I am a huge Wuxia fanatic and I also want to know what will happen next.

Thanks for your patience and continued support!
    --=={Grundle}==--

Thanks for the headsup Grundle really appreciative that you still plan on finishing the novel. Working three jobs must be horrendous so please take your time on the updates, we will be fine patiently waiting!

Default My Man

3 jobs ay.
    just take care bro. remember life is a long race... and u dont wana lose to much steam early on. i used to work 70-80 hour weeks i did it for around 3-4 months. but after that i crashed. and havent worked since... been about 5 years i havent worked. and let me tell you it feels great. cant imagin my self ever working again. hahahaha

Does anyone know the title of this novel in Viet?

hope someone could pick this novel up again, i really love it

Default nice

Quote Originally Posted by Shi-Potian View Post
    hope someone could pick this novel up again, i really love it
    You saw Grundle post in foxs thread so you bumped his thread.
    I was thinking of doing the same thing
    Ali Derhamy

Hah, rats! It looks like I am on the hook again.

I'll look into this tomorrow. See if I can figure out where I was.
    --=={Grundle}==--

Chapter 5 - Discovering Lady Jun

Fireworks burst in the dark night sky blinding people who were already forgetting the recent excitement and were leaving to find a new pleasure. I shoved my way through several people, but when a young woman boldly began to grope my body I pushed her away and dodged into a side street. After running for a while I escaped from the mass of people surrounding me. The second I was able to relax an alarm went off in my head.

I was in a dark secluded alley, but I could still faintly hear the roar of the crowds on the main streets. I felt an aura of death approaching me, when I saw the reflection of fireworks off a sword in someones hand.

“BOOM!” A fiery explosion ignited, bathing the alley in a pulsing red light. My heart went cold, and with a hum my sword was already in my hand.

From both sides warriors were approaching, who I noticed were Na Ming’s people. They were obviously here to avenge Na Ming.

I did not want them to close their trap, because I would be at a serious disadvantage if they surrounded me. I let out a shout and like a leopard I jumped toward the side that had the most people. Usually the group that has the fewest people also has the fighters with the highest martial skill.

Two swords rushed to meet each other. I said nothing as I concentrated on raising the killing intent in my heart. The only strategy that flashed through my mind was to injure my opponents. Like lightning my sword flashed and two throats disappeared. This part of the alley was only wide enough for three people to stand shoulder to shoulder making it difficult to dodge, and also difficult to maintain momentum with the sword. It looked like it would be entirely too easy to get injured in this situation. Fortunately it was even more of a disadvantage for a large group of people. A life saving strategy suddenly began to form in my mind. If they are Na Ming’s friends, then it is only natural that they would be angry and want to avenge his death, but I was still not convinced that they would be willing to sacrifice their own lives just to get revenge.

Both men turned pale with fright as I withdrew my strike just enough not to cause injury and they immediately retreated while trying to defend themselves. That simple retreat became the key to total victory or complete defeat.

I continued to press my advantage by following with several more powerful and heavy strikes to trick them into thinking they would be injured at any moment. They were utterly defeated as if a mountain had crumbled to the ground. They were a pitiful site as their panic pushed them into a full retreat. As soon as they crashed into the group behind them they were dispersed and my victory was assured. Of the three torches they carried, two fell to the ground.

I had finally gained the advantage, but there was another group of seven rushing towards me. They were about eight paces away from me when they ran headlong into the already defeated group. I immediately executed a series of murderous moves. Within the small space it looked like a poisonous viper slithering into a hole.

Six or seven of the enemy suddenly collapsed on the ground, while the rest scrambled toward the alley entrance. I immediately pursued them. With a shout I finally emerged from the alley back onto one of the main streets. The sword was returned to its scabbard.

As I caught up to my pursuers they felt an intimidating presence arriving causing them to be petrified with fright. Their faces registered a look of horror as they finally realized that my victory over Na Ming was a display of true power and not just luck.

“Stop!” shouted a female voice. My enemies scattered in confusion and quickly disappeared.

I looked towards the sound of the voice. There was a pair of bright, beautiful eyes staring right at me. Hua Qian! It was the beautiful head of the female warriors that left with Lady Li Qing Jun. Behind her were a group of female warriors. It was a majestic sight. She already graciously helped me before, and I have nothing against her. Above all she possesses a heroic spirit that makes her both beautiful and scary at the same time.

Hua Qian approached me and coldly sized me up. I felt my male pride rise and I didn’t shrink from her gaze at all. A strange sense of astonishment flashed through her eyes. Knitting her brow she said, “Haven’t I seen you somewhere before?” A felt a trickle of fear run through me. I knew she recognized my expression. I could only pray that she wouldn’t see through my mask. I coldly replied, “In Moon City who doesn’t know me?” Hua Qian smartly replied, “Even if you are Na Ming’s replacement if you don’t watch how you speak Na Ming will be your mirror.”

I was elated by what I heard. My plan was successful and Lady Li Qing Jun had already issued a command. She was summoning the man who had won a hundred vicious battles. Hua Qian had just pointed out that I was now Lady Jun’s new plaything, but only a plaything, and that one day I would die just like Na Ming. She wouldn’t even shed one tear if that happened, and I couldn’t help wondering if maybe she had sent Na Ming’s friends to try and kill me.

With a gentle expression I looked deeply into her eyes, “If winter comes, then spring won’t be far behind. Life is also like this. Thank you for your advice.”

Hua Qian was stunned. She never expected me to speak such a philosophical phrase.

I spoke, “Should we be going?” Hua Qian was suddenly aroused from deep thought and waved her hand towards Lady Jun’s beautiful carriage. We were on our way.

I got into the carriage with her. Both female warriors and black helmet warriors protected the carriage as we galloped off toward Lady Jun’s palace at the center of Moon City.

Something seemed strange here. Why did she get into the carriage with me? This meant that she was one of the Lady’s most favored people.

Within the carriage Hua Qian’s eyebrows were deeply knit while she deeply contemplated something. I enjoyed observing her. My eyes soon wandered to the scenery outside the carriage. There were noticeably less people out on the streets. Ma Yuan once told me that the Moon City walls had seven different army camps. Three of them were located on the West wall by Moon River where Moon City bordered with Mo Nu. Two more were to the east and the final two were at Lady Jun’s palace. The seven camps were all led by the leader of the black helmet warriors. The other camps were also designated one of remaining seven colors of the rainbow such as Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Purple. As a result the people of Moon City started calling them the rainbow army and the leader was designated as the rainbow leader. The total military strength was 70,000 people that they used to resist the might of Mo Nu. Hua Qian was only allowed to have 1000 female warriors to serve under Lady Jun. The rainbow leader had no authority over them, so although they were few in number they were actually very powerful.

The carriage arrived at the road leading to Lady Jun’s palace. There were guards everywhere and security was tight.

Moon Lake was barely visible in the distance. Lady Jun’s moon palace was built on an island in the middle of the lake. The main hall rose up high with the rest of the palace surrounding it. There appeared to be many other distinct buildings clearly visible. It was said that Lady Jun gave the order that no other building could be more than half as tall as the palace. Looking at Lady Jun’s palace one might think that she wanted to rule the entire world. Judging by this a little more can be know about Lady Jun. Although she may have a beautiful body, she obviously has a complicated mind as well.

Beside the main hall were eight secondary palace halls surrounding the main hall in a circle, crisscrossed with many pavilions and shade trees linked together by long corridors making it appears as if it was one single entity. The main hall and the secondary halls were surrounded by tall thick walls, it was certainly well fortified. Ma Yuan said that Lady Jun’s palace would be a fierce place, but it was like ascending into heaven. Just breaking through the walls to capture Lady Jun’s palace would not be so easy. Leading up to the palace were four large man made lakes. The carriage was currently passing over one at that moment. I want to destroy the empire and shake up their confidence, with just the ruins drawn on the map what kind of power could they possess that could possibly help me do that?

The bottom of the lake was clearly visible. The fish appeared to swim and soar amusing themselves. I suddenly had a strange idea. The two most important people in the empire, both the Emperor and Lady Li Qing Jun, built the palace within the lakes and according to what Qi Bei said the palace of Mo Nu is also built on a lake. This isn’t just a simple coincidence, there must be another startling secret. The carriage began to slow down.

Without realizing it we had already finished the long journey across the lake. Passing over the lowered draw-bridge we went through the palace gate and entered in to the palace.

I heard Hua Qian say, “What is your name?” I was caught off guard and nearly blurted out “Lan Te”, but fortunately I was clever enough to immediately reply, “Divine Strength King”.

Hua Qian coldly said, “Is that really your name?” Not yielding to her at all I fixed her with an icy stare, “I am already used to it, a name is nothing more than a way for people to identify each other, what does it matter what I call myself.”

Surprisingly Hua Qian didn’t get angry but instead said in a low voice, “I remember where I have seen you before.”

The sudden shock that I felt in my I heart I was able to conceal and not a ripple showed on my face. I didn’t even blink my eyes, this was the most critical moment, it was not good with an impending disaster looming, but I knew that Hua Qian was bluffing. If she knew my real identity she would have already given the order for my capture, which is why she used such an unusual method to observe my reaction. I gave her a sweet smile and warmly said, “We were brought together by fate, maybe we were married in our past life.”

Hua Qian’s face sank, but fortunately at that moment the carriage stopped and we had arrived. She coldly grunted and was the first to leave and I followed her out . The carriage had stopped at the main entrance inside a large courtyard. Several pretty maids came to meet us and bowed to Hua Qian, however they did not fail to size up this new addition to the ‘Pampered Men’. Hua Qian said, “You follow them inside. If you are not under Lady Jun’s order you cannot walk about randomly. If you disobey this command then don’t blame me for being merciless.”

I deliberately ran my eyes up and down her body several times with a lecherous look. She had a scowl on her face when I turned to walk in to the palace door.

“Stop!” came Hua Qian’s delicate shout from behind. I paused to turn around, while the palace maids suddenly became scared. They all quickly withdrew to the side. Hua Quian’s left hand was resting on her sword, her apricot eyes were wide open.

I stared at her coldly, staring straight into her eyes. I did this intentionally because I had to follow my intuition. She stared back at me with a strangely emotional look in her eyes. Maybe she didn’t understand what was happening, but I had to take advantage of this making it difficult for her to think about things calmly and possibly discovering my identity. Although it is a risky strategy, it is also the key to my survival.

With a loud shout she said, “Don’t dare run your lecherous eyes over me a second time.” My cold face suddenly transformed into a warm sunny smile, “The sword is used to kill people that hate you, not people that admire you.” I turned around and left. As I was led into the magnificent building Hua Qian said nothing else, nor did she come with us either.
    --=={Grundle}==--

Dear Grundle,

Words cannot EXPRESS how amazed and gratified I am that you are translating this again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From the bottom of my heart, T H A N K Y O U ! ! ! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by Grundle View Post
    Hah, rats! It looks like I am on the hook again.

I'll look into this tomorrow. See if I can figure out where I was.

Default Playyyyyyya

young woman boldly began to grope my body
    this was one of the funniest things i have read in a long time.
    Ali Derhamy

woot i am so happy, back to read chapter1. thank you grundle

Keep up the good work Grundle!

Well after I read through yesterdays translation I realized just how far my skills have slipped. I really don't like how choppy it reads, and I am a bit annoyed by it. At least today went better than yesterday.

Hey bchin, you are welcome But you should really thank foxs. I felt embarrassed when he said he wanted to see what was next, and there I was mooching off his hard work. So here I am trying to give a little back. It's to soothe my conscience and well now I want to see what happens again. Lets hope I don't reach another boring part of the book, or we are all in trouble.

----------------

The smart palace maids left clothes waiting for me after my bath. Finally I was able to recline on a large luxurious bed and soon after I fell asleep for about three hours. When I opened my eyes sunshine was radiating through the windows and sparkled off the marble floor.

I was so comfortable I almost heaved a sigh of contentment. I only hoped that this wasn’t Na Ming’s room and that I didn’t just sleep in his bed.

The sleep restrained my spirit and now I had the confidence to cope with whatever came my way. I jumped out of bed, walked out of the room and what I saw was pleasing to the eye. It was a magnificent hall and over in the corner were two of the maids that brought me to this room who were playing chess. I was genuinely happy to see them there. “So you finally woke up. Lady Jun came to see you last night, but when she saw that you had already fallen asleep, she left.”

I was shocked, because I am alert even when I sleep and will wake up at the slightest disturbance. How was it possible that Lady Li Qing Jun came to see me and I was not aware of her. Because of that I had to find out how she did it, so I smoothly said, “When will Lady Jun come again?”

Both maids invited me to go back into the room where they gave me new clothes, combed my hair and washed my face while saying, “An important person from the empire came and she is afraid that she might not be able to see you for some time.” Who could it be? Was it Ge Zhan, Black Widow, or perhaps one of the Premiers?

I asked with a genuine voice, “Lady Jun’s palace is so beautiful, do you think you can give me a tour?”

The pretty maids slyly replied, “You haven’t even asked us our names and you want to make requests like that.”

Although they had a reproachful tone, their faces had an expression of shy tenderness (但眉目间却春意盎然 - Spring in the air expression [I spent too long thinking about how to translate this stupid expression]). The maid with bold eyes covered her mouth and began to giggle while she observed my reactions from the corner of her eyes. Becoming used to their flirtatious behavior I couldn’t resist, “May I ask the esteemed lady’s names?” The taller maid said, “My name is Lu Yi Si and she is named Luo Di. Come! Lets take a stroll.” I followed them to the large courtyard where we had arrived last night. There were towering trees reaching into heaven. Walking among the trees the scenery was pleasant, interspersed with wide horse paths for riding. We walked toward an ornately decorated building.

Lu Yi Si said, “This is the North, East, South, West, Four Points Concubine Palace. Within each house lives a male concubine, but only at Lady Jun’s express wishes. They are not allowed to leave the Concubine Palace.” I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. I would have never imagined that I would go from being a generational sword master, and due to this strange combination of circumstances, to being a male concubine with a ridiculous status. Now wasn’t the time to start feeling sorry for myself, I silently began to consider the situation. Maybe I could make use of the tall main palace hall to calculate the distance between the buildings which would prepare me to steal the Canon of Wisdom. Luo Di said, “Lady Jun has already authorized you to live in the Concubine Palace. It looks like she is already very fond of you. You may even become like Na Ming one day and be able to come and go from the palace whenever you want.”

My heart skipped a beat. Yes that is the most important thing. By all means possible I must gain the trust of Lady Jun, otherwise I will never take a step into the palace.

In this manner the day passed by. Lu Yi Si and Luo Di washed and changed me into my sleeping gown. They both looked at me longingly and it seemed to me that they wanted me to invite them to stay the night. It appeared as if Lady Jun didn’t prohibit the maids from having intimate relationships with the Pampered Men, otherwise they wouldn’t be so bold to act like this. I did not change my expression and they retreated discouraged, but they couldn’t hide the disappointment on their faces. Just before Luo Di left she lit a stick of incense by the bed. I had a sudden thought and said, “I don’t like incense.” Lu Yi Si answered for Luo Di, “This is one of Lady Jun’s rules. Above all she loves the smell of this incense.” With a resentful look on her face she turned and left with Luo Di.

It was a large and luxurious room, but I was all alone. I walked over to the stick of incense and watched the wisp of smoke rising. A took a deep whiff of the smoke and immediately felt my mind get fuzzy.

I took a step back and finally understood why I slept so deeply last night. It was the effect of this incense, but I still can’t extinguish it because Lady Jun would see how knowledgeable I am and that would make her suspicious of me.

I remembered how Qi Bei dealt with the Sorcerer’s confusion fragrance. I quickly opened the cloth bundle I had brought with me, took a packet of powder out of a hidden pocket and rubbed it under my nose. After taking another whiff of the incense I didn’t experience any of the previous effects. I made a pretty good guess. This incense also came from the hateful hands of the Sorcerer.

I laid down and fell soon fell asleep. I don’t know for how long I slept, but I was suddenly awakened. I was careful not to open my eyes and pretended to still be under the effects of the incense.

Light and graceful footsteps approached my bed. I heard two different voices, and they were close enough that I could smell a woman’s perfume.

A feminine voice said, “Hua Qian, did you find anything out about his background?” Hua Qian’s voice responded, “Yes my lady, everything should be fine.” I was relieved. Ma Yuan was really capable. If they had been able to link the Divine Strength King to a false identity, how would I be able to fight against the empire.

With a sigh Lady Jun said, “I hope he will be better than Na Ming.” Hua Qian was silent. I really wanted to see her face. “You want me to wake him up?” Lady Jun thought silently for some time before sadly responding, “Tonight I had to deal with Ge Zhan and that Black Widow woman. It has already made me very tired. Tomorrow morning when Ge Zhan goes to examine the situation on the Mo Nu border you can take advantage of the situation and bring him to see me in the palace.”

Hua Qian gave an affirmative reply. After a short silence Lady Jun’s beautiful voice spoke, “He is not very handsome, but he has a heroic bearing, and brilliant sword skills. It would probably be better if I gave him to you to as a husband.”

My heart began to beat wildly. On the one hand I was afraid of being outright rejected by Hua Qian. It would be a huge blow to my pride as a man. On the other hand I was afraid that she would follow through with her promise, then my plan to steal the Canon of Wisdom will have come to nothing.

Hua Qian said in a weak voice, “Is that your command? If not, then I refuse.”

Even I could hear that she was trying to hide her affection for the Divine Strength King. Love is one of the most difficult things to comprehend. Even though I had repeatedly offended her, I still somehow found her favor. Lady Jun’s silvery laughter rang out, “For the first time your heart has been moved. Never before have you responded when I made a request like this. Based on that alone I can tell that this is an exceptionally charming man. Take him to see me tomorrow at the Wisdom Palace. If you change your mind, let me know.”

Hua Qian was silent. That was the second time Lady Jun mentioned the Wisdom Palace. I wonder if it has any relationship with the Canon of Wisdom. Footsteps faded away, but I didn’t dare open my eyes so I slept until dawn. The two pretty maids took good care of me until about noon when Hua Qian arrived alone. With a cold face she said, “Lady Jun asks to see you, come with me.” On the outside she looks cold and ruthless, but after last night I know that her heart is burning hot for me. Of course I couldn’t do anything that might change the decision she made last night or my whole plan will be wasted.

I purposely feigned surprise and used a lustful expression, “Really!” When she saw my eagerness to meet Lady Jun a disappointed look flashed through her eyes but she soon regained her calm. She unenthusiastically said, “The carriage is waiting at the door ... “ she was not able to finish what she was saying because I immediately moved toward the door as if I were impatient to go. That move was calculated to make sure she gave up all hope for me.

Hua Qian said, “Wait a minute!” Surprised, I stopped.

Hua Qian said in Lu Yi Si’s direction, “You two go first, I have few words to say to the Divine Strength King.”

The maid had a strange look in their eyes, and it looked like there was some anxiety. She was probably scared that Hua Qian was going to punish me for offending her earlier, but she had no choice but to walk to the door.

Hua Qian slowly approached me. She stared into my eyes. I knew in my heart that this was not good, but I had no way to retreat.

With a sigh Hua Qian’s eyes suddenly became gentle, “Have you seen Lady Jun yet?”

“No!”

“You haven’t ever seen her, which means you aren’t infatuated with her, so you must be here for fame, power, and position. Your talent and skill are both promising. In order for someone to become an ‘imperial concubine’ they would have to kill Na Ming first. Although the pampered men can strut around arrogantly, the truth is they have no real power. You are a fairly smart person, don’t you find this strange?”

I carefully responded with a genuine tone, “As far as I am concerned life is just a game to me. From one moment to the next, I never know what I am going to do, so why would I care about something like that? Right now the thing that I want to do the most is meet Lady Jun. Anything besides that I don’t even want to think about. As for tomorrow, who cares about that?”

Hua Qian’s face turned ice-cold, “I should probably tell you that the carriage is at the main entrance. If you get in you can see Lady Jun.” I hardened my heart towards her and walked out the door and got in the carriage. After a short drive we arrived at another building and four female guards escorted me to the Wisdom Palace.

Large round stone pillars supported a wide palace hall. The walls and floors were all constructed with large square stones, giving people a general sense of solidness. A woman with a beautiful body was laying on a carved bed inlaid with gold and draped with soft skins.

I stood there proudly, “Divine Strength King to see Lady Jun.” She turned her delicate body, as soon as her gaze fell upon me the four female guards left closing the door behind them.

Although I was well prepared, yet her gorgeous beauty still sent waves coursing through my heart. She possessed a soul sucking beauty, the kind of beauty that is timeless. She could easily rouse a man’s most primitive desires. No wonder Na Ming was willing to become her pet and even sacrifice his own life for her.

What shocked me was not her beauty, but her age. All the premiers of the empire are from my father’s generation. Since Lady Li Qing Jun is one of the premiers as well as the emperors younger sister she should be at least over forty years old, but no matter how I look at her she can’t be more than twenty four or twenty five years old and full of youthful energy.

I sized her up, while she observed me. In a sweet voice Lady Jun finally said, “Didn’t you want to meet me? Now that I am here do you have any requests?” Lustful desires sprang from her eyes and flowed into my blood. I controlled my emotions while shooting a cold light from my eyes before lightly saying, “What if I discovered your true purpose and only wanted to kill you. Wouldn’t Lady Jun be in a dangerous position?”

Lady Jun was shocked but soon a trembling smile reached her face. With a gasp she said, “You are really daring to say such outrageous things. I can honestly tell you...”

I interrupted her, “Don’t tell me. Under the stairs behind you are a dozen soldiers waiting to ambush me, I can hear their breathing.”

Lady Jun’s expression turned cold as she said severely, “That is correct there is a small door over there. Alas, this display of your ability won’t do you any good.”

I looked up and let out a long laugh. After a while I confidently continued, “I have already won a hundred victories. In addition to possessing your body, I only have one other request.”

Lady Jun’s gaze kept sliding back to me. Last night I found out that she most appreciated my heroic bearing, so I spoke that way deliberately to touch her heart.

In a low voice Li Qing Jun said, “Although you are an excellent swordsman if you offend me I guarantee that you will never leave this Wisdom Palace.”

Although her voice was hard, in her eyes flashed a look of appreciation. I knew now that she would have a hard time leaving. “Clang!”

The sound of my sword rang out. As soon as it was in my hand she looked on as I moved into a thousand sparkling lights. I swiftly stopped it next to my neck and said, “As long as you order it I will move my sword and cut my neck to prove my loyalty to you.”

Stunned Lady Jun said, “Really?” I fixed her with a determined look and stared into her eyes.

Her full chest sharply rose and fell, as she clearly allowed my sudden outburst. The soldiers that were hiding appeared while she regained control of her emotions.

She sighed, “Put your sword down.” Without a word I tossed my sword to the floor which made a loud ringing sound when it landed. Lady Li Qing Jun stood up, her soft gown stuck closely to her body, the tinkling of her jewels floated about, complimenting her gorgeous body and she gracefully began to move. She clapped her hands and the twelve guards that had appeared filed through a door behind her to the left and in the blink of an eye there was only me and her.
    --=={Grundle}==--

Thanks Grundle. I can't put into words how grateful I am to you for continuing the translation.

thank you grundle for making my day a bit more enjoyable. i love this series and find it highly enjoyable. i hope you can finish translating it, and generate some help from other translators/more interest in translating huang yi's work. i deeply appreciate your continuation of this magnificent novel.

Thanks for the update Grundle! This story is indeed very different than other wuxia stories. Looking forward to reading more. Please keep up the good work!