Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Legend of the Longsword Master - Huang Yi

Default First post :D

This makes me your number 1 fan
    Ali Derhamy

wow that was another awesome update and quite long too

i really don't know what direction the novel can go from here, but i am absolutely sure it will continue to be awesome. poor lqj she was betrayed and anandoned alot faster then i had anticipated

as always thank you for the update grundle, i love this novel.

A change in the story as we head into new waters. There is some good stuff here that hints toward the future. It makes me want to find out what those ruins are like even more.

Shi-Potian - I am amazed you like LQJ so much, she is a vicious woman. I feel bad for Lan Te, he now has 3 women who want revenge on him. That sends a shiver up my spine o.O
    aliderhamy - awesome! I have two number 1 fans

--------------------
    Chapter 7 - A Shocking Conspiracy

When I opened my eyes I saw the roof of a tent. The sunshine penetrated the small cracks of the tent, while I enjoyed a feeling of peace and quiet. I was suddenly aware and shouted, “Hua Qian!”

A slender bodied woman gracefully lifted the tent-flap and entered, it was Hua Qian. Pleasently surprised I sat up, while the warrior who had always been cold and indifferent abandoned all her restraint and fell into my arms crying, “We were successful! We made it to the border of Mo Nu.”

I raised her chin with my hand feeling tenderness for her as I examined her face. I was feeling extremely happy, that night of troubles eliminated any distance between us. She shyly dropped her eyes. I said, “Since you saw through my disguise so early, why did you protect me?”

Hua Qian blushed while softly saying, “I don’t know, but every since I first saw you I thought of you often, so when I saw you disguised as the Divine Strength King, I still recognized the moment I laid eyes on you.”

Right then a coughing sound came from the entrance of the tent. Hua Qian left my embrace. Ma Yuan came in with his usual joyful expression.

I mildly said, “How should I address you?” Ma Yuan chuckled saying, “The people of Mo Nu refer to me as ‘Fat Counselor’ [肥谋士], so I am Mo Nu’s chief strategist, and the assistance you gave us by stealing the Canon of Wisdom was precisely my humble strategy.” Although he carried an extremely pleased and satisfied bearing, yet he continually tried to hide the concern from his eyes so that it looked like he was forcing the smile on his face. Even though the Empire and Mo Nu have bee engaged in war for many years and the two armies have been evenly matched, yet the emperor, who is considered unrivaled, has never personally led a campaign at the head of a large army, so things were now much different from the previous stalemate.

I said, “Where is the Demoness?” Startled Ma Yuan replied, “You guessed?” Smiling I said, “If I still did not know that Bai He Hua was the Demoness, then how could I fight for supremacy in this chaotic world.”

Ma Yuan said, “What you said is true. Initially when we first heard about you we really underestimated you. It wasn’t until you killed the Sorcerer that you really caught our attention, yet now it seems we still haven’t been able to calculate your true strength.” I sighed to myself thinking that it was only after much frustration and humiliation that I could grow to my present strength. Ma Yuan continued, “The Demoness is waiting for you.” A burst of excitement shot through me as I stood up and Hua Qian followed me and stood up.

Ma Yuan tactfully said, “Miss Hua Qian, could you stay here for a while? The honorable Lan will soon return.”

For many years Hua Qian had taken care of Lady Jun and provided her a safe environment, how could she not know what they were now thinking. With a smile she meekly sat down in obedience while her eyes remained fixed on me. Along with Ma Yuan I stepped out of the tent and found myself on the top of a small hill covered with hundreds of other tents. I saw warriors dressed in white armor carrying all manner of weapons deployed in strategic locations and when I saw the distant river it was across a large flat wasteland.

When we came to the largest, most elaborate tent Ma Yuan motioned me to enter alone. I lifted the cover, entered, and saw the Demoness Bai He Hua’s graceful back. Her golden hair was flowing down like a veil and came to rest on her shoulder. She sat in front of a small table with the five thick volumes of the Canon of Wisdom sitting next to her. The remaining volume was opened on the small table while she read it. I noticed she was sitting on a mat of animal skins that covered the floor.

Her delicate body suddenly shook and it looked like she was about to faint. Concerned I jumped forward, ignoring her noble status I reached my hand out to support her shoulder.

She looked up to gaze at me. At last I was able to see her beautiful face. I continued to stare at her stupidly for some time. The Princess, Xi Qi, Black Widow, Li Qing Jun, and Hua Qian were all first class beauties, but compared to her it was like the full moon next to stars in the sky.

It was a beauty never seen on this earth, that can only exist in the deepest sweetest dreams, that only appears in a magnificent dark starry night sky, or perhaps it can only be found in the largest brightest gem lying at the bottom of the deepest sea. She had a perfect silhouette like Mother Nature with perfect mountains and valleys, all encompassed by sparkling soft crystal skin that was ten thousand times more soft than the smoothest satin. I could see why Qi Bei was so shocked when he met her the first time. Suddenly, I forgot why I jumped forward to help her. Seeing the look on my face she began to laugh and like a blooming flower Bai He Hua became even more captivating.

Lightly shaking her head she motioned for me to remove my hands. I was suddenly ashamed of what I did and silently retreated to sit down. Inside I was still intoxicated with her looks and the fragrance emanating from her body. The Demoness turned around to face me and said, “You were able to get the Canon of Wisdom, therefore you are permitted to see me. Since Qi Bei, you are the first man to see my face.”

I stared at her stunning, soul shattering appearance and exclaimed, “It is not possible that someone could be so beautiful.” The Demoness smiled and said, “The truth is often more bizarre than anyone could ever imagine, so people often choose to believe only that which they can understand and ignore anything with a mysterious nature.” Those few words carried a profound meaning and like life itself was exceedingly unfathomable, yet we tend to only focus on the events between life and death, seemingly indifferent to anything else. How can we change that?

With a suspicion forming in my mind I felt compelled to speak and asked, “When I came in I saw you shake as if you were about to faint. Are you ill?”

The Demoness seemed to choke for a while before she could say, “No! I can’t get sick, perhaps it is because I have been reading the Canon of Wisdom for too long, so that could have caused it, right?” I immediately felt that something was not right, but I didn’t know what it was so I asked, “This Canon of Wisdom originally belonged to you, but where did you get it from?”

The Demoness sighed as her eyes appeared to fill with ten million sweet dreams, and her expression became intoxicated as she seemed to linger in some distant memory. For some time she looked sad, and for a little longer she recalled fond memories. I didn’t dare disturb her train of thought as her beauty awoke an excessive amount of respect, and causing people to hold her with a God-like awe.

She gazed deeply at me and whispered, “These six volumes of the Canon of Wisdom are like an insignificant drop in the sea. If you could get the entire work, the lost knowledge of the ancients would reappear on the earth, but I don’t know if that would be good or bad.” I was shocked as I began to understand what she was saying. She quietly sighed again, “Once the emperor was infected by the knowledge from the Canon of Wisdom, he created the most despicable dictatorship causing endless pain and suffering to millions of people. I am already extremely weary of living, but I am unwilling to leave this world until they kill that devil.”

I said, “Your way of thinking is odd. To be tired of the world means you must be living in the abyss of suffering, yet people are oppressed by others who are trying to obtain a personal advantage. Today if you asked for wind you would get wind, and if you wanted to play in the rain you would get rain, so why do have such strange ideas?”

The Demoness sighed and said, “Someday you will understand. When I look at you I see that you have both Lan Ling and Qi Bei’s strengths and none of their weaknesses, if something should happen to me, you would be the only person left to deal with the emperor.”

I shook my head, “What possible impact can only one person have?”

The Demoness replied, “As long as you can reach the ruins on the map, you will find the means to defeat the emperor.”

I sighed, “What’s the use? I could spend my whole life looking for the terrain on that map and still not find it. We don’t know if this place even exists.”

The Demoness smiled, “I can assure you that this place exists, because the emperor and I both come from that place.”

She calmly said those two sentences, but it was like an explosion hit my mind.

I stared into her eyes. She turned her back to me, extended her perfect jade hand to gently stroke the Canon of Wisdom as she said, “It’s a pity I can’t remember that place, otherwise this world wouldn’t have an empire and there wouldn’t be the country of Mo Nu.”

“Why?” I gasped. She said, “If you went there everything would become clear, please don’t ask me anymore questions.”

Her graceful eyebrows made me feel that if I asked again she would despise me. Impulsively I burst out, “If I show you the map, do you think it would help you remember?”

The Demoness said, “I don’t know, but you can give it a try.” I replied, “May I have a brush and some paper?”

“No!” I was stunned, “You don’t want to know where the ruins are?” Her chest rapidly rose and fell, contrary to her usual calm and quiet demeanor, and it took her a long time to regain her composure before whispering, “I’m sorry for being so discourteous. Thinking of returning to the ruins excites me and also makes me anxious. Anxious because of what has already happened in the past, to have my only hope die again.”

I frowned, “I don’t understand what you mean, can you say it more clearly?”

“You will never understand until you get there. Well, why don’t you describe the contents of the map while I listen, but you must not draw it.”

Right then I hesitated for a long time. I still wasn’t convinced that she was being completely truthful.

The Demoness waited, without any trace of impatience. Suddenly someone outside loudly said, “Adviser Ma Yuan requests an interview.” The Demoness gave an affirmative response while hiding her face with a veil so that only her eyes were exposed. Ma Yuan opened the flap and entered, his smiling face appeared similar to his normal appearance as if he couldn’t help breaking out into laughter.

We both looked at him. May Yuan said, “The imperial army has started to cross the river. I looks like the emperor has personally led a large army to attack us.”

The Demoness knit her brows and muttered to herself, she was certainly a very beautiful woman. I interrupted and said, “Didn’t you come here because the emperor arrived personally with his army. What are you so confused about?”

What I said wasn’t superficial because it pointed out how it has always been, even though Mo Nu was weak the emperor had reservations about it, so he never personally led an attack, however since he has suddenly changed his behaviour there had to be something major to cause it.

A look of alarm flashed through the Demoness’ eyes as she was clearly frightened by my intelligent observations.

She recovered and replied quite naturally, “Yes! The emperor has always been unwilling to face me, because I know his biggest secret, so psychologically he has always tried to avoid me. He also knows that in ability and intelligence I am far above him. Today after exhausting his troops in a long expedition I will annihilate him”

I said, “The empire has hundreds of thousands of troops and Mo Nu only has about seventeen thousand troops, are you sure you can win?” The Demoness nodded with a smile, “ For many years Mo Nu has erased large enemy armies, just like this one. You will see.”

Ma Yuan excitedly said, “You still haven’t seen the Demoness’ bearing as commander during a battle? Once you see it you will definitely be convinced!”

I already half believed it, if not the imperial army would have already trampled Mo Nu into the mud.

The Demoness ordered, “Strike that camp and immediately return to the city, remember to send a rear guard to prevent the emperor from attacking quickly, and everyone living in this vicinity must withdraw and go to Mo Nu City so that the enemy won’t get slave labor or army provisions.”
    --=={Grundle}==--

Thanks for the update Grundle. I completely missed the last update!

So the Emperor & the Demoness came from the same place? I wonder what kind of history they had with each other. All these questions and no answers! Can't wait to read more about this story.

Default :D

Very exciting

awesome! I have two number 1 fans
    hmm ok
    I wonder if this is a planet of the aps; type of scenario

skywalker posted while i was reading typing... sigh... lost my spot as number 1
    Ali Derhamy

Quote Originally Posted by aliderhamy View Post
    skywalker posted while i was reading typing... sigh... lost my spot as number 1
    It's ok to be number 2 once in a while aliderhamy.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
    So the Emperor & the Demoness came from the same place? I wonder what kind of history they had with each other. All these questions and no answers! Can't wait to read more about this story.
    click to show/hide spoilers
    I will bet that the Emperor & the Demoness are some kind of "super-humans" created by the previous civilization

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    I will bet that the Emperor & the Demoness are some kind of "super-humans" created by the previous civilization

I think they both came from a more advanced civilization too. I just can't imagine what kind of weapon can be so powerful that can destroy an Empire. I wonder if this weapon is a person or a technology of some kind.

Yikes! I will have to come back and read those spoilers once we get that far. I have no idea what is going to happen either o.O

Today's translation has been a real pain!!

As I have been translating I keep getting this unsettling idea that Hua Qian would make perfect backstabbing material. Just like Lan Te seduced Lady Jun, what if she did the same thing to him?

Right now it is too early to tell, but that would be a VERY nasty twist in the story, but would make it all the more delicious to read. In any case, more to come later today. You are all going to love it.
    --=={Grundle}==--

Quote Originally Posted by Grundle View Post
    Yikes! I will have to come back and read those spoilers once we get that far. I have no idea what is going to happen either o.O
    Do we really need to use the spoiler tag if we're making predictions? I mean, all we're doing here is making speculations about what might happen. It's not like we know definitely what will happen.

As I have been translating I keep getting this unsettling idea that Hua Qian would make perfect backstabbing material. Just like Lan Te seduced Lady Jun, what if she did the same thing to him?
    I also thought Hua Qian is a spy but even if she is, I think spending extra time with Lan Te will make her change sides.

Grundle, I can't wait to read the next update! Thank you for all your hard work.

Today is an awesome update. I could have kept going, but it seemed like the perfect place to stop. You'll see what I mean.

Skywalker-Spoiler should only be used when you are revealing what is really going to happen in the story. If you are just guessing or speculating like I like to do, then it isn't necessary. In fact I think it is fun to discuss what we think MIGHT happen.

Thanks you everyone for the fine comments. It keeps me going!

-------------------
    The command spread down like flowing water as the sound of moving people and horses could be heard outside the tent, without any signs of confusion or panic, it was obvious that the Mo Nu military was very well trained just like the Imperial Black Helmet Elites. Ma Yuan left to arrange everything.

I made up my mind, if I can’t even trust the Demoness then nobody in the world can be trusted, so I began to describe the contents of the map. The Demoness carefully listened, often showing a moving expression without saying a word, however even though she said nothing the changes that crossed her face transmitted her innermost emotions and feelings. When I finished I stared at her. The Demoness closed her eyes, suddenly her whole body trembled as she opened her eyes and cried out, “I know where it is.”

Excitedly I asked, “Can you tell me?” The beautiful Demoness stared at me as if she was seeing me for the first time, and carefully scrutinized me.

I noticed that she was a little uncomfortable and also a little unhappy, so restraining the desire in my heart I said, “If you don’t want to tell me where the ruins of the map are, I can immediately get Hua Qian and leave Mo Nu. My father said that the empire and Mo Nu are on an external continent and that there other continents beyond the sea and that there are also other seas.” The Demoness’ body slightly shivered, “No! You are mistaken, I don’t want to monopolize the secret at all, but was thinking of other affairs.” There wasn’t a man who wouldn’t turn soft hearted after seeing the look on her face.

Not yielding a step I pressed on, seeing the chaos that new hope brought her I was unsure how it could suddenly cause her indescribable pleasure, so i said, “You hesitate to tell me the location of the ruins, I am very disappointed. Could it be that I still haven’t gained your trust?” The Demoness sighed, stood up and turned her back while calmly saying, “Or perhaps you should leave, after all handling the emperor is my responsibility. It has been my responsibility since that former era. It was so long ago that it now seems like a dream.”

I was furious, there was not enough time to digest her difficult words so I turned and with big strides moved to leave. The Demoness’ gentle voice rose from behind me, “Noble Lan Te.” I stopped, and hoped that she would ask me to stay.

“Tomorrow before sunrise I will give you a map showing you how to leave Mo Nu and necessary travel supplies. I hope that with extraordinary wisdom you can build an ideal peaceful home outside of Mo Nu and the empire.”

Red hot anger rushed to my head as I left and quickly walked back to my tent. Hua Qian was surprised to see my strained face, but understanding my mood she simply sat to the side and didn’t say a word. I sat there with no expression. After sunset as night closed in Hua Qian lit a tallow lamp and under the dim red firelight I gently told her everything.

I cried out “Hua Qian!” She was aware that something important happened and hanging her head said, “Yes!” She looked like a servant respectfully addressing her master, the response of a conquered woman. I wanted a little excitement to fill the sense of loss caused by the Demoness. Outside the Mo Nu warriors were busily moving about, horses neighed and people were shouting preparing for tomorrow’s journey. As the great war drew closer people began to feel more pressure, like a snowball being boiled. Life is merely a short journey. I looked at Hua Qian’s young body, that had been transformed from many hard years of sword training into a stronger more elegant body.

I said, “Come!” Hua Qian groaned, “En!” Motionless she hung her head down even lower as even her ears turned red. I began to heat up, forgetting everything I previously suffered as I sat next to her well formed back. Stretching out both my hands I embraced her painfully hot waist[小肮 ??], where she had no extra fat. Hua Qian lowly moaned and closed her eyes, as she fell back into my embrace. Her face was burning red like a sunny June day. Her chest was violently heaving up and down, it was extremely captivating. Normally bright light is enough to inflame people’s passions, but even the soft lamp light was enough to make it unbearable as we tightly came together, her long and thick eyelashes repeatedly trembled and her rapid beating heart wove an erotic rhythm.

I felt my primitive desires bubbling forth. Although the wind was blowing outside, horses were neighing, and weapons were jingling, within the tent there were only thoughts of love.

Suddenly I forgot everything, aside from this single moment, there was no past or future.

I kissed her moist red lips. I gave that burning kiss of my own free will. All the disappointment, loss, emptiness, and fear of an unpredictable future were replaced by burning desire. Sex with Li Qing Jun was merely a means to an end, but everything now came from a living passion bursting forth!

This is the very summit of life that one can climb up to. A strange thought began to form in my mind. What if I was holding the Demoness, would I be more happy? This thought surprised me and was immediately followed by a sense of guilt.

I threw out those unworthy thoughts of other beautiful women and gave my heart and soul over to her passion. One by one the clothes on her body were reduced, yet with every one the desire increased another step.

At the peak of our desire I finally took possession of her, abandoning any remaining thoughts of that powerful beautiful person.

Later that top female warrior of Moon City was curled up like a tame lamb in my arms as it became unusually quiet inside the tent.

This tent seemed like the safest place in these dangerous circumstances. Hua Qian’s smooth skin reflected the dancing light. I patted her naked back saying, “What are you thinking?” With a squeak she responded, “I’m sorry!” I already knew what she meant, “What are you worried about, you were forced too!” Her whole body shook as she looked up and said, “You know.”

I tried to act like nothing had happened as I genuinely said, “The other day when the emperor looked at you, your reaction told me many things.” Like a broken string of pearls, tears sprinkled down. This strong unyielding female warrior, showed her fragile side, “Three years ago I went with Lady Jun to meet the emperor. That night he humiliated and violated me. Since then I hate him, I hate him!” That was why Hua Qian fled from Moon City, if the emperor called on her again to sleep with him would she be able to?

I was surprised to find that I wasn’t more outraged by this incident, yet why was I so easily angry with the Demoness? It was a frightening self-analysis. According to the circumstances it looks like I have unconsciously fallen in love with the Demoness, an immortal, unlikely to age any further, rare beauty. I had another idea come to mind and as much as I didn’t want to bring up Hua Qian’s former trauma I calmly asked her, “From your previous encounter with the emperor, were you able to get a good look at his face?”

Hua Qian trembled in my arms and I could barely hear her voice when she said, “No! Even in that situation he was still wearing his armor, and that terrible helmet. I.....I couldn’t see, but I felt it.” I was greatly shocked, that wasn’t a man and woman having sex. The feeling of skin to skin contact would greatly reduce arousal, and he seemed to love sex above anything else, it was abnormal behavior. My father once told me, when he was twenty years old an under the emperor’s command, the emperor dressed in a more ordinary style and he also appeared to maintain an eternal energy, in other words, he showed no blemishes or any signs of decay. Could he also be immortal and ageless like the Demoness? What is the relationship between them?

From the distance came the sound of a horn. It was an hour before dawn, and Hua Qian and I jumped up, threw on our clothes and swords, but we had no other luggage. From outside the tent came Ma Yuan’s voice, “Noble Lan Te, it is time to leave.”

After five hours we could see the distant wall of Mo Nu City. We were in the middle of a large group of soldiers as we moved at a moderate pace, our horses treading over the plains their hoof-beats making a musical rhythm.

The Demoness sat in a carriage with a hanging curtain, but I didn’t know if she was still bitterly studying the copy of the Canon of Wisdom. I remembered seeing her yesterday when it looked like she was about to faint and I thought she might be ill. She was the heart and soul of all the people of Mo Nu, and if something happened to her Mo Nu would likely fall without a fight. The same situation also applied to the empire. If the emperor died, the empire would immediately split between the people fighting for the right to rule. The real question is, how can we kill the emperor?

Hua Qian urged her horse forward to arrive by my side. I smiled at her. She blushed red and lowered her head as she was intoxicated by the spring filled thoughts of last night. She looked at me again and said, “Do we really want to leave?” I sighed, “I don’t know, but both armies will fight, and just the two of us won’t make much of an impact. I have important things to do, but I can’t decide if I should help them succeed, or try to overthrow the empire instead.”

The emperor brought a large army to attack, it can be said that if Mo Nu is able to hold on it would already be a miracle, but giving him his first defeat seems like idiotic gibberish. However if I can find the legend hidden within the ruins then perhaps the empire could be destroyed after all.

Hua Qian didn’t understand what I was talking about, but before she could ask Ma Yuan rode up and waved us to the side as we came to another fork in the road.

Ma Yuan said, “The Demoness orders you to depart from us here.” The right path led to Mo Nu city and the left went towards and endless stretch of mountains. He continued, “If you cross the Lianyun Mountains you will reach the ocean, where the fisherman live. As long as you present them a ruby from your luggage they will sell you a boat, and then you can easily avoid the emperor. I wish you well on your new life.”

I held my hand out and shook his hand. Without another word I kicked my horse and galloped away with Hua Qian following behind.

Ma Yuan shouted from behind, “Mo Nu will never forget you!” I let the horse run freely only stopping after a long time.

When I finally looked back, Mo Nu’s army looked like it turned into a winding snake wriggling and squirming at the rear.

With excitement in her voice Hua Qian said, “Unexpectedly we have finally escaped the clutches of the empire!” I coldly replied, “No!”

When Hua Qian heard me her delicate body began to shake violently while she looked at me stunned. I firmly said, “I want to go back and kill the emperor.” In such a short time Hua Qian fell from heaven back into hell, her face drained of color as she cried out, “You will die!”

I coldly said, “The world is looking for someone who can kill the emperor, and that man is me. Regardless of sword technique the most important thing is that I grew up in the empire, I am familiar with the internal affairs, and my father once told me how to kill the emperor.” I wanted to lie to her a little to give some peace of mind. Actually my father didn’t know of a way to kill the emperor.

Hua Qian bit her lower lip and said, “I want us to go far away together.” I gently pleaded with her, “Hua Qian, you know that even if I am successful it will be hard for me to come back alive, so you must go to the fishermen and wait for me for a month. If I still haven’t arrived, then you should follow through with the plan.”

Hua Qian’s eyes were red as she sadly cried, “If you die, how can I drift and live with no purpose, to keep on living alone. Since I was born I have never been happier, and just when I caught it and held it in my hands it flew away once more.”

I sincerely said, “No! You are probably pregnant with my child, so for the continuation of that life you must take good care of yourself. This is something that I have to do not only to assuage my personal and family hate, but also for Mo Nu and all of those who have been oppressed by the empire.”

Hua Qian couldn’t hold back the tears from her eyes anymore and pearl-like tears streamed down her face. Sadly she said, “Promise me, that as long as you are alive you will come back to me. I'll stay there an eternity until I can see you again.”

She turned her horse, whipped it heavily a few times, and like the wind left towards the Lianyun Mountains. Soon she was nothing more than a tiny speck.
    Last edited by Grundle; 10-28-10 at 02:37 PM.
    --=={Grundle}==--

I am posting this after today's translation so that I don't ruin it for anybody.

So if you have already read today's translation then you should feel safe to click on the spoiler. I am only discussing what has already happened, but there is a small possibility that someone could see this first o.O

It looks like Lan Te gets off easy here, he shuffles Hua Qian off, who will patiently love and wait for him for eternity, only to be forgotten as the story goes on. I am a little dis-satisfied by that, and also irritated that they couldn't try to go find the Lost Ruins.

I am so sick of the empire that I want Lan Te to CRUSH them now...and I am so mystified by these ruins that I want to SEE them now!! Haha, so many wonderful things going on in this story.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Grundle; 10-28-10 at 02:52 PM.
    --=={Grundle}==--

Thanks for the update Grundle. Please continue soon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grundle View Post

It looks like Lan Te gets off easy here, he shuffles Hua Qian off, who will patiently love and wait for him for eternity, only to be forgotten as the story goes on. I am a little dis-satisfied by that, and also irritated that they couldn't try to go find the Lost Ruins.

I am so sick of the empire that I want Lan Te to CRUSH them now...and I am so mystified by these ruins that I want to SEE them now!! Haha, so many wonderful things going on in this story.

What do you guys think?
    Lan Te is unconsciously in love with the beauty of the Demoness so it's no wonder he shoved Hua Qian aside. But to be fair, he's also thinking of her well being. I laughed when he so confidently said she might be carrying his child so she should take good care of herself.

Anyways, I don't think Lan Te has the means to crush the Empire yet. He will have to go to the Lost Ruins and I have a feeling that whatever is there is not only going to destroy the Emperor but it will also destroy Mo Nu and the Demoness since they both came from the same place.

This is a rather odd turn of events. It's almost like a test of loyalty -maybe the Demoness will reveal the location when he returns?
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

awesome. this new post really brings new direction, and life to the story, i am really curious about how things will progress from here. a bit of ungrounded speculation here, but just gut feelings of an avid reader;
    lan te will of course fail to kill the emperor, but he will succeed at ... [which i believe is the real purpose of this plot thread] getting wounded, and nursed back to health by the princess or black widow while in hiding from the emperor. furthermore, this is an oppurtunity to draw lin qing jun back into the fold

this novel has tons of room for interesting plot development [ of a journey oriented type adventure] , as this is all happening on only one of numerous continents [ which huang yi tries to keep pointing out] , and i get the feeling that the ruins may not necessarily be on the current continent. i forget whether or not this was mentioned, but how long is this series anyway

in regards to lqj being a vicious women, are you sure that wasn't a spoilerising comment. as far as i can tell lqj just seems like an ambitious women in a male dominated arena, hence if she wasn't that way she might as well be a pauper or some fat asses mistress.

thanks grundle for another highly enjoyable update to this awesome novel, much appreciation

Quote Originally Posted by Shi-Potian View Post
    awesome. this new post really brings new direction, and life to the story, i am really curious about how things will progress from here. a bit of ungrounded speculation here, but just gut feelings of an avid reader;

lan te will of course fail to kill the emperor, but he will succeed at ... [which i believe is the real purpose of this plot thread] getting wounded, and nursed back to health by the princess or black widow while in hiding from the emperor. furthermore, this is an oppurtunity to draw lin qing jun back into the fold
    Haha, Shi-Potian you really love LQJ! I am honestly not sure where Huang Yi wants to go with this, but I think I agree that another confrontation with the empire is coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shi-Potian View Post
    in regards to lqj being a vicious women, are you sure that wasn't a spoilerising comment. as far as i can tell lqj just seems like an ambitious women in a male dominated arena, hence if she wasn't that way she might as well be a pauper or some fat asses mistress.
    No don't worry, I guarantee that isn't spoilerising comment. If you go back and reread chapter 5 and 6 (especially Chapter 5 when Lan Te is just arriving to Moon City) you will see that I am just re-stating what Huang Yi has written.

Furthermore Huang Yi tried to point out that the time Lan Te spent with LQJ he got to see her most lovable side. But we also knows she loves heroic men, so the possibility that she could be like Lady Ya still exists.

Oh and to answer your question about length, I think it is roughly half as long as Step in the Past, so about 150 chapters o.O
    --=={Grundle}==--

Default Some one really needs to make a movie

The combination of Sci Fi, wuxai and porn.... you would make millions of $$$

just a thought
    Ali Derhamy

How about a twist for Friday? Here is a pretty exciting update!

---------------------
    I couldn’t tell what frame of mind she was in. However now I had a free hand and was unencumbered by her, because living with shame was an absolute violation of the hot blood flowing within my veins, especially the innocent Xi Qi whose death must be paid back with the emperor’s life.

I abandoned my horse and continued walking on foot towards the imperial army with a content heart and a head held high full of warlike thoughts, because death was already unimportant to me.

By sunset I arrived at the outskirts of the imperial army camp, seeing banners like the sea and tent’s stretched out covering the entire great plain.

I hid in a clump of thick forest, waiting for the arrival of night. West of the plain the sun emitted it’s magnificent red rays illuminating the army camp and the warriors and horses moving within, making a solemn and desolate scenery. I was secretly pleased, an overcast sky was going to help me greatly. The sky gradually grew darker.

At the corner of every tent there was a blazing torch bathing the world in red light making people feel that bloody events would be taking place soon.

Emerging from my hiding place I cleverly avoided a patrol of five soldiers and advanced deep into the camp.

The imperial armor was forged and manufactured with the utmost care, it was the symbol of the empire. I didn’t just blindly sneak into the camp, but there were red symbols on certain army tents that I was looking for which identified the tents the army craftsmen were in. All the damaged armor would be repaired here. I selected a piece of armor with the markings of the emperor’s personal bodyguard. All of the sudden I turned into an ordinary black helmet warrior, and since my face was even hidden by the helmet, I wasn’t afraid of being recognized.

My train of thought had not been completed when I heard voices from outside the tent followed by the tent flap lifting and the voices entering. I couldn’t avoid them, so I turned around to face them.

It was two black helmet warriors. They did not expect to find anyone in the tent, but when they saw the blood red circle at the top of my helmet they were immediately in awe.

Indifferently I shouted, “Password!” Every night in the imperial army there was a different password to identify the enemy, but I already gained the initiative.

The soldier in the lead naturally replied, “Red August!” According to the rules, I now had to respond with the second section of the password, but how would I know what that was. Fortunately I was wearing the empire’s most domineering Red Ring Guard armor, so with a cold grunt I arrogantly walked to the tent entrance, and both soldiers moved to the side to let me pass.

Once I left the tent I began to walk to the center of the camp where the largest most handsome tents were and which could hold at least ten of the smaller tents. At the corners of these tents were ornate, eye-catching banners that were easy to recognize.

The closer I got to the General’s tents, the tighter security got. When an approaching patrol came closer their eyes fell on me. I shouted, “Red August!” The imperial password usually contains two phrases so if you say one sentence, the other person has to respond with the second sentence and it doesn’t matter what order they are used in.

The patrol captain didn’t think it was odd at all that one of the Red Ring Guards challenged him and respectfully responded, “Imperial Blossoms!” I now had an advantage as I felt a huge relief, because this would help my operation greatly. Within the camp everyone was busily preparing for war by feeding the horses, moving provisions, and repairing chariots that all blended together into a noisy cacophony. I easily walked through.

Abruptly an encompassing silence descended, and the distance between the tents became greater and I knew that I had entered into the commander and general’s camp, where security would be a hundred times tighter than before. At that moment voices came from the front.

Looking forward I was startled when I saw a furious Ge Zhan with a group of high ranking officer heading straight for me.

As soon as I saw who it was, I quickly dodged into one of the side tents. Fortunately there was nobody inside. As Ge Zhan arrived at the tent he suddenly stood still. My heart began to beat rapidly as I wondered if he had noticed me after all.

I swept my eyes over the interior of the tent and it didn’t look good. Not only was the tent larger than most of the other tents, but the ground was covered with find hides and skins, in the corner a set of armor with a sword were neatly hung. There was also a fine bow and arrows, and a sharp spear. Only an imperial general could have such high quality things.

Don’t tell me this is Ge Zhan’s tent! Before I finished the thought, the tent flap was already opening. I quickly jumped behind the hanging armor and hid myself as five people entered the tent one, of course, was Ge Zhan. Moved deeper behind the armor to conceal myself as much as possible. As long as nobody is looking for me, there shouldn’t be any danger of being found.

A deep rough voice angrily said through gritted teeth, “Commander Ge Zhan the emperor is extremely unfair to you. After Lady Li Qing Jun made such a big mistake, by letting that kid Lan Te steal the Canon of Wisdom, not only does the emperor not rebuke her, but instead he made her the Left Deputy Marshal of the expeditionary forces. Compared to your rank of Right Deputy Marshall it is still half a rank higher, how is that even possible?”

Another person interrupted, “According to the circumstances the right to succeed the empire will fall into that cunning Lady Li Qing Jun’s hands. Commander you should take advantage of the real power you still hold, and put your own plan into action.”

All five people in the tent began to breath heavily as they all clearly began to share the same intentions that under a despot like the emperor they shouldn’t even think about. My heart began to race. Why didn’t the emperor care if the manuscripts were stolen? I remembered that day when the Demoness was reading the Canon of Wisdom and almost fainted. A frightening theory began to form in my mind. Losing my self control I opened my mouth and almost cried out.

The whole thing was a conspiracy. My heart blazed like a raging inferno, as I forgot all about coming here to assassinate the emperor and realized that before the tragedy falls I had to get back to Mo Nu and warn the Demoness.

I pulled out a dagger in order to cut through the back of the tent. Ge Zhan’s voice loudly rang, “You must be absolutely certain that you can kill the emperor.” Those words struck like a thunderclap inside the tent.

Everyone stopped talking. Ge Zhan sighed heavily saying, “The only problem here is that nobody is completely sure they can kill him. Although he has the strong Red Ring guards at his side that isn’t my main concern. Instead my biggest worry is that throughout all the battles and fierce fighting when has anyone ever seen him get hurt?”

Everyone was silent. Another person said, “In addition to his godly strength, and transcendent sword skills, the biggest problem is that full body armor. Nobody knows how it was forged or why it never sustains damage. I once saw a giant boulder thrown from a city wall hit him and he just fell and got back up as if nothing happened.”

Ge Zhan continued, “There is more. I have seen people throw poison water into his eyes, but he was unaffected. How is that possible?” The previous speaker replied, “But he has to at least take his armor off when he has sex with his concubines or when he bathes himself.”

Ge Zhan said, “This is one of the emperor’s greatest secrets, but I have used a clever method to investigate and have come to a conclusion! He does not need to bathe, and he doesn’t take his armor off when he has sex.”

There is nobody that can live like him. Ge Zhan ferociously said, “When the sorcerer’s dead body was presented to him he only looked at it like it was a pile of rotting garbage. There was no sorrow, he never holds anyone in his heart, he never shows his feelings and everyone is just a pawn to him. The only exception is the Princess and if I can get a hold of her and use her all these problems will be solved.” Originally I was preparing to cut through the tent and slip out, but I paused again when I heard these words.

One of the officers who hadn’t spoken yet declared, “Right now we have no way of killing the emperor so we should start with the Princess and if we are unsuccessful we can all retreat. It is better than sitting here all day long scared and on edge just waiting for death.”

Ge Zhan lowered his voice saying, “Is anyone keeping watch outside?” He obviously had something extremely important to confide to this group of trusted confidants, and he cautiously asked this question.

Immediately someone spoke, “I already made arrangements. Whenever we enter the camp guards are secretly posted in all four directions so that absolutely nobody can come close to us. Commander can set your mind at ease.”

At that point my heart shouted at my luck because I was just about to recklessly beak out of the tent and rush off to warn the Demoness, but if I did I might be a dead body by now. If I had cut the smallest slit it would have been discovered and Ge Zhan would have known that there was a spy in the camp.

Ge Zhan lowered his voice further, “Although I have nothing against the Princess, developing our relationship into a romance is still far away. Originally the best plan was to slowly grow and develop it, but now we don’t have much time. This morning the emperor summoned Li Qing Jun and I to tell us that whoever gained the greatest military success in this war to destroy Mo Nu would also be made Duke of one of the largest provinces. Although he did not explain, we can still speculate that the Dukes will have the greatest chance of succeeding the throne.”

The group of aides began to breath quickly since their fate was tied together with Ge Zhan. If Ge Zhan was defeated by Li Qing Jun in the struggle to succeed the throne, the defeated Ge Zhan would be considered a bandit and they would all lose their fame and fortune with a heavy punishment and a tragic end.

Ge Zhan continued his analysis, “On the surface the Princess despises that kid Lan Te, but according to the intelligence I have gathered she still cannot forget about him, so if I don’t resort to extraordinary measures I’ll never be able to seize her heart. If I can become the Princess’ fiance then even Li Qing Jun won’t be able to stop me.” My heart started beating furiously. Clearly Ge Zhan was plotting against the Princess, how could I just stand by and do nothing.

Without a doubt I still had strong feelings for her, after all she was the first girl I fell in love with so how could I let her become the victim of a power struggle. The fate of Mo Nu is also in my hands and these contradictory ideas caused me to groan in my heart.

Ge zhan said, “Since the sorcerer died, I strongly enticed Black Widow. She is also Lady Li Qing Jun’s sworn enemy so she had no other choice but to join our side. She proposed a method to me.”

Everyone was silent. In the struggle to obtain the absolute power of the emperor they all had the same goal.

Ge Zhan said, “The sorcerer had a fantastic aphrodisiac, and as long as someone smells enough of it, as soon as they see someone from the opposite sex, they would want to take them as their lover. If I create an opportunity I can steal her virginity, then what has been done cannot be undone. Once I use that method don’t you think that even the fearsome princess won’t be able to resist obediently falling into my arms?”

On of his men said, “The problem is that the Princess is in a large tent beside the emperor’s tent, it will be extremely difficult to pull off.”

Ge Zhan replied, “There will be no opportunity there, but ten miles west of here there is a lake with very beautiful scenery. Tomorrow morning the Princess is going there to visit and Li Qing Jun’s people will accompany her there. I plan to send a group of people disguised as Mo Nu supporters to kidnap her, and I will save the Princess. Do you know what will happen on the way back?

I began gnashing my teeth, this Ge Zhan was really vicious. With this plan he can strike a blow to Li Qing Jun’s prestige and at the same time make the Princess feel gratitude. If Ge Zhan’s plan goes well he can push all the blame on Mo Nu and without much extra effort enjoy the Princess’ virginity.

They continued their discussion. I heard a distant owl screech. Ge Zhan immediately changed the topic, loudly talking about how they planned to deal with Mo Nu. I knew that they just received a signal that somebody was approaching, but I couldn’t figure out who would come around this late at night.

Outside the tent somebody called, “Commander Ge Zhan!” It was a very familiar female voice.

I was startled and already knew that it was the beautiful Black Widow. As expected Ge Zhan said, “Black Widow is that you? Quickly, please come in.” Throughout the empire no matter who it was, they would praise this fickle woman, because the ruthless and beautiful Black Widow unexpectedly loved it when people praised her.

I was secretly frightened because if the Black Widow came to see Ge Zhan at this hour, then it definitely would not be good.

Black Widow entered the tent. I heard a burst of activity as people moved to change their seats.

Ge Zhan was surprised and said, “Hey! Why do you have blood all over you, who crossed paths with you?” Black Widow didn’t respond, but instead laughed, “Oh! Look at all these people, what could you be planning?” Ge Zhan said, “With you we have everyone gathered. I have been looking for you since yesterday but your servants told me that you were in the middle of a secret mission and had left the army alone. What exactly did you have to do?”

Immediately I felt a sense of foreboding as my heart began to violently skip. I vaguely sensed that it was something related to me. In fact every since that day at the banquet when she didn’t expose me, I haven’t been able to figure out what she had hidden up her sleeve.

Black Widow let out a peal of laughter that revealed both hatred and pleasure together. Ge Zhan silently waited for her to speak as he clearly didn’t know what this fickle woman was thinking either.

With her sexy voice Black Widow said, “I went to track that kid Lan Te.”

Everyone within the tent couldn’t help but utter an “Oh!” and I suddenly felt dismayed.

Ge Zhan lowered his voice saying, “Since the sorcerer is dead you are already the best tracker in the empire, surely you have some good news?”

I didn’t feel too encouraged, but at the same time I couldn’t understand why the Black Widow who I already defeated would come after me alone. Did she think she could deal with me by herself? It was a mystery to me.

In a voice brimming with hate she said, “I couldn’t find Lan Te, but I found his woman and just brought her back as a captive.”

My heart almost jumped out of my mouth, Hua Qian actually fell into that poisonous woman’s hands. Ge Zhan said, “You captured Hua Qian?”

Black Widow coldly said, “She is at my secret hiding place outside of the camp. Who would have thought she was so useless. Apparently that Lan she relied upon abandoned her and her mind was thrown into disorder so that her awareness was greatly reduced.” Ge Zhan said, “Did you ask her Lan Te’s whereabouts?”

Black Widow ferociously said, “That lowly woman wasn’t willing to say, so you will have to torture it out of her. I will hand her over to you immediately but only on one condition.”

My mind was thrown into confusion. I might be able to ignore the princess matter, but as for Hua Qian I can’t refuse to do something, also the fate of Mo Nu is resting in my hands. What am I supposed to do?

Ge Zhan lowered his voice saying, “Does Li Qing Jun and the generals know about this yet?”

Black Condition replied, “Of course they don’t know, otherwise I wouldn’t have come to you with conditions.” Ge Zhan said, “What conditions?”

“I want to monopolize the secret of Lan Te’s whereabouts so that I can single-handedly track him down myself.”

Ge Zhan was startled, “Lan Te is not so easy to deal with, are you sure?” With a tender smile she said, “You don’t have to worry about it, I have my own methods.”

Ge Zhan chuckled, “You aren’t also thinking about monopolizing Lan Te’s map to the ruins are you?”

Black Widow coldly replied, “Set your mind at ease! Our fate is already sealed together, we advance and retreat together so if I do get my hands on the secret to the location of the ruins you will certainly be the one who benefits. The emperor is so nervous so there must be something within the ruins that can deal with him. Isn’t that what you are dreaming of?”

Ge Zhan lightly said, “How do I know that you will still remember that you are my partner?” Black Widow laughed before bending forward and saying sweetly, “Don’t worry, I will let you make me your wife and when the time comes we can share the glory together.”

Of course Ge Zhan knew she was only joking. Even if Ge Zhan’s goal wasn’t the princess he knew that every man that got drawn into a relationship with Black Widow came to a miserable end and he didn’t want to have the same experience.

Ge Zhan laughed and said, “We are old comrades so there is no need to talk like this. Well! Since it has been decided, where is Hua Qian?” The old fox was already running through countermeasures in his head.

“I will hide her in a secret location East of the camp.” She then gave a brief description of the location.

Ge Zhan said to one of his men, “Gao Jin, I want you to handle this matter. Take several of your most competent men and bring Hua Qian back to the camp before sunrise. I will personally interrogate her and later I will make her call me husband. She will have to obediently cry out” Everyone burst out into laughter full of cruel intent.

Gao Jin accepted the order and left. My mind began to race as Ge Zhan and Black Widow discussed how to trap the Princess so I wasn’t able to leave. It wasn’t until another hour had gone by that people started to leave one by one. I began to feel anxious again knowing I would have to leave the camp again, and rush immediately to the place Black Widow said she hid Huan Qian. As long as I can rescue Hua Qian, I will immediately turn around, go straight to Mo Nu, and ignore everything else.

End of Chapter 7
    --=={Grundle}==--

Another nice update Grundle.

Could it be that the Emperor is a robot? He definitely doesn't sound human from the descriptions above.

Thanks for the update Grundle.

Wow...that's a fast turn of events. So much is happening and Lan Te can only be at one place at a time.

The Emperor reminds me of Darth Vader!