Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mahathir: 9/11 was staged

Default Mahathir: 9/11 was staged

I am astounded by this man's words and wonder if he truly believes in what he said or is it just politics? I also wonder what he would do if he is challenged to produce any evidence to back up his words.

Link to article:

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story...554&sec=nation

Mahathir is bitter delusional idiot - corrupt too.

The sad things are that his sucessors are worse.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Evidence? lol, you want to ask the Old Horse for evidence to back up his words? He will probably tell you he can't remember saying all of the above.
    Quote Originally Posted by remixedasian View Post
    6: Duan Yu is the greatest martial artist of all time

Mahathir is a brilliant man. Very intelligent. He did advance the country a lot. But, he has his own bias and long held belief that he never updated. One example is Chinese >>>> Malays in terms of riches. It might be true during his young days, but, now he still hold this belief. I heard him on an interview oversea where he explain why the majority race got the this incentive and help etc unlike other countries which mostly help the minority. His reason is Malays are still the poorest. Chinese still rich. Proof - chinese send their children to private colleges and overseas to study.
    Uh, Chinese send their children to colleges because local government sponsored University has limited place for them and the parents work very hard to send the children there.

But, I felt that Mahathir is getting more senile now with his ideas.
    Last edited by kidd; 01-22-10 at 12:06 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Mahathir is a brilliant man. Very intelligent. He did advance the country a lot. But, he has his own bias and long held belief that he never updated. One example is Chinese >>>> Malays in terms of riches. It might be true during his young days, but, now he still hold this belief. I heard him on an interview oversea where he explain why the majority race got the this incentive and help etc unlike other countries which mostly help the minority. His reason is Malays is still the poorest. Chinese still rich. Proof - chinese send their children to private colleges and overseas to study.
    Uh, Chinese sent their children to colleges local government sponsored University has limited place for them and the parents work very hard to send the children there.

But, I felt that Mahathir is getting more senile now with his ideas.
    kidd, the rampant corruption can be laid squarely on his shoulders. The 'Malaysia Boleh' [Malaysia Can] thing that he had the tv and radio singing is especially true, everything also 'boleh', everything also can 'kao tim'. He brought advance, true, but what was the price? Everywhere you can see those 'white elephants' built for several times the actual cost. ACA was a joke.

The first time I went into the police station to pay a traffic fine for my dad, the inspector at the counter asked me if I want to 'appeal' and pay only half. There was no secrecy, no whispering, nothing. I thought it was legal and standard procedure (I was 15 and naive, sue me) until he told me he had no more receipt with him and asked me to come collect from him in two days time.

Mahathir did more harm than good to Malaysia. We have him and Semi-value to thank for the highway that costs billions. We have him to thank for a truly biased media, judiciary, police and anti-corruption (haha) squad.

I think things got worse after mahathir left though.

The overt racism and the idea that Islam will forever rule all happen.

The idea that if you are adopted as an islam and therefore cannot change your religion BS all happened after Mahathir.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    Mahathir did more harm than good to Malaysia. We have him and Semi-value to thank for the highway that costs billions. We have him to thank for a truly biased media, judiciary, police and anti-corruption (haha) squad.
    Yeah, the agreement for the highways are really weird.
    But, the highways are needed. Despite all the protest of building LRT, Penang Bridge, highways, people are all using those frequently now.

Things got worse because Abdullah prefered to sleep (literally) instead of rocking the boat. He promised to clear corruption, but in the end, did nothing.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/...-Elections.php
    http://pray-for-malaysia.blogspot.co...icture-do.html

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Yeah, the agreement for the highways are really weird.
    But, the highways are needed. Despite all the protest of building LRT, Penang Bridge, highways, people are all using those frequently now.
    kidd: wierd isn't the word for it. I am not arguing that the highways are needed, but at that cost? The amount being paid to the toll guys each year to 'compensate' them for not being able to increase the toll by 'too much' (there are obviously still increases) is enough to build a paralel free road to each of the highways.

Then there are also the hospitals and public buildings. I suggest anyone going to Terengganu to wear a safety helmet when entering public buildings.

kidd: wierd isn't the word for it. I am not arguing that the highways are needed, but at that cost? The amount being paid to the toll guys each year to 'compensate' them for not being able to increase the toll by 'too much' (there are obviously still increases) is enough to build a paralel free road to each of the highways.

Then there are also the hospitals and public buildings. I suggest anyone going to Terengganu to wear a safety helmet when entering public buildings.
    I've heard of that before, like Malaysia builds its infrastructure at a cost higher than they should be because of corruption.

It's really sad, when you think where all those money could have been used to do instead.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    I've heard of that before, like Malaysia builds its infrastructure at a cost higher than they should be because of corruption.

It's really sad, when you think where all those money could have been used to do instead.
    Guo Xiang, what would you expect when, by policy, only the Malays can get the contract from the government and they in turn contract it out wholesale to someone who can actually do the job? In a lot of building projects, we will have the Principal/Developer/Gomen, a Main Contractor, a sub Contractor and various sub-sub contractors. The Main Contractor (not all but significant number) generally do nothing, they appoint a sub-contractor who will be the one who actually does the work.

In addition to the above, there is this joke that goes around town (I call it joke because I haven't actually done this, but unfortunately, it is one told to me by various businessmen, and not as a joke):

If you want to build something, quote a figure on cost and your profit, bring it to someone in power, he will discuss with his boss/colleagues/friends and then tell you to what figure should be quoted (always and without fail higher than your original) to them. Take a guess as to what the additional costs are for.

Greaaat. I'm starting to feel reaaal excited about having to work with this guy for the next two years.

Thanks all.

-_-
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Greaaat. I'm starting to feel reaaal excited about having to work with this guy for the next two years.

Thanks all.

-_-
    You are going to work with Dr.Mahathir for the next 2 years?

Default Update to Dr Mahathir's remark

Link @

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp...416&sec=nation

Here I thought the remarks would be swept under the carpet, glad to see that there are concerned leaders who called him down over his words. I think Kidd's assessment of the man is about right, he is getting more senile with his ideas. Fortunately he is no longer the PM, not that there is anything to cheer about the current one.

RWX: you are going to work with the old horse? Well, as long as you are not jew, I am sure that's fine.

sowfoong: take a look at the people quoted in the paper, both are not from the government. No one in UMNO dares to make a comment on this because the old horse still has plenty of influence and no one wants to be the next Abdullah. And there is this delightful youth leader from Malaysian Assembly of Mosque Youth backing him up.

Oh and did you take a look at the poll result on the right? 23% of people who voted actually agreed with him...

http://polls.thestar.com.my/polls/re...d=2&cdesc=News
    Last edited by athlee; 01-22-10 at 01:03 PM.

sowfoong: take a look at the people quoted in the paper, both are not from the government. No one in UMNO dares to make a comment on this because the old horse still has plenty of influence and no one wants to be the next Abdullah. And there is this delightful youth leader from Malaysian Assembly of Mosque Youth backing him up.

Oh and did you take a look at the poll result on the right? 23% of people who voted actually agreed with him...

http://polls.thestar.com.my/polls/re...d=2&cdesc=News[/quote]

Athlee: Wow, shaking head at the poll result, it is incredible that there are people who actually agreed with him. The hate for the USA must have been greater than the ability to be rational. It is frightening and certainly does not improve the image of Malaysia since it has always been said that Malaysia is a moderate Islamic country.

Well, not directly, but with the outsized influence he wields in Malaysia, I'm sure that I'll have my share of run-ins with him or his followers over the next two years working as a diplomat at the US embassy. 'Deal with' would perhaps have been a more accurate word, but I felt it would be inappropriate
    Last edited by Ren Wo Xing; 01-22-10 at 05:45 PM.

RWX: you are with the US embassy? Well, go issue a press statement on this old horse's ramblings. Or the missing jet engine issue. Its been so long since anyone of note has smacked him down. Make a statement, threaten to withdraw diplomatic ties, just do something

Hehe, statements have to be cleared by like 7-8 different bureaus/agencies. Plus, he's technically a private citizen now...usually try to avoid getting into arguments/fights with them.

Athlee, you're in Malaysia too? How many Malaysians do we have at SPCNET? Seems like I'll have a chance to meet a lot of ya when I arrive in March!

RWX: yea, I am Malaysian, sad to say.