Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can guys be straight if....

Default can guys be straight if....

they check out other guys? i know a guy who would comment on another guy's body and still claim to be straight. and i know that he's had sexual things done with another guy, but he said it was only for fun. i don't get it.

Some guys do check out other guys, but they're straight. But if they have done sexual things with other guys, then they are not straight. In your case, he's probably in denial or doesn't like to be labeled as bisexual or gay. I have plenty of gay friends that would probably say the same.

okay, what if that friend of mine had sexual relationships with these guys for money, does that make any difference? he claims it's all for the money.

If it is for money, why can't he find a sugar momma?

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Kadaw View Post
    If it is for money, why can't he find a sugar momma?
    because guys pay him way more than suga mommas would ever pay him. as far as i know he does have a girlfriend, i'm not sure if they're sexually active though cause they have a long distance relationship.

Not sure about "straight" (really depends on how exactly you define "straight") - but I guess he may have done all that you've mentioned and still strongly prefer women to men.
    As for the "sexual things done with another guy" - I'd differentiate between homosexual behaviour and homosexual orientation as such. Occasional homoerotic adventure doesn't necessarilly make you a gay (depends on how many adventures of this sort he's been through...;-)).
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

Quote Originally Posted by Cesare View Post
    Not sure about "straight" (really depends on how exactly you define "straight") - but I guess he may have done all that you've mentioned and still strongly prefer women to men.
    As for the "sexual things done with another guy" - I'd differentiate between homosexual behaviour and homosexual orientation as such. Occasional homoerotic adventure doesn't necessarilly make you a gay (depends on how many adventures of this sort he's been through...;-)).
    as far as i know at least 10 times.

I just don't see how a guy can sleep with another guy and still call himself straight, even for money. There are bi curious people out there but if you touch another guys once, and continue on for a second time and after...then there's just no way you're straight.

He's gay or at least bi.

Closet gays have all kinds of excuses.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    as far as i know at least 10 times.
    Sounds sort of bisexual.
    I guess he claims to be straight simply because he wants to avoid the "bi" label.
    If you openly label yourself as bisexual, you're making a statement that many people out there simply do not want to make - not only because it can mean a social disadvantage, but also because it is fairly restrictive in terms of your own identity and image.
    Like going on a party in an outfit that doesn't actually fit or feel quite right.
    But I don't know your friend. Maybe he just really prefers men and has trouble coming to terms with it.

(I personally would just do away with this ridiculous gay/straight dichotomy.
    It doesn't really work that way.)
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

i'm not wanting him to come out in the open and tell everyone he meets that he's 'bi' or 'gay'. i am just wondering why he denies it to close friends. i mean this guy and i talk like we're bff. and most of the stuff we talk about are 'guy' stuff and when we look through magazines he'd tell me which guy he wouldn't mind 'getting paid' from. i find it a little creepy that he can do that but still say he's straight. i'm to the point where i want to ask him if he's ever thought of me in a sexual way since everyone tells me that guys and girls can't be best friends without having those thoughts. then of course my bf would totally go bunkers and kill the guy.

As I said - I don't know him.

One question though - has he identified himself as straight only after you (or your friends) brought it up and asked him - or did he himself bring up the topic?
    Last edited by Cesare; 05-08-09 at 04:42 PM.
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

As I said - I don't know him.

One question though - does he simply keep on calling himself straight without being asked or does he just call himself straight when you bring the topic up?
    when i ask him of course.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    when i ask him of course.
    Then he may simply want to avoid identity labels. "Straight" is a label of sorts, too - but it's more or less the norm, and it's about as close to "no label" as you can get.
    "Gay" and "bi" tend to have a lot of annoying connotative meanings.
    I guess he's probably more comfortable talking in terms of preferences rather than identities. What he likes as opposed to what he is.
    I can only guess, though... He might just as well be what people call "closet gay".

Still - he's apparently quite open about what he likes, the two of you can discuss guys and stuff, you seem to be fairly close - and I see no point in trying to force him into putting himself in one category or another.
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

yeah but i don't know if his girlfriend knows about him. is it in my position to tell her? he's leaving to go see her in 2 weeks, well not exactly just for her because that is where he is originally from and his family is there too.

is it in my position to tell her?
    Mmm... I definitely wouldn't if I were you. How, when or if at all he tells her, that is (in my opinion) up to him. Give him your opinion - but I wouldn't go further than that.
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

gugu ur just trying to find an excuse to tell his gf so u can be with him huh, i know u like gay guys!
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Mmm... I definitely wouldn't if I were you. How, when or if at all he tells her, that is (in my opinion) up to him. Give him your opinion - but I wouldn't go further than that.
    i guess it would be crossing the lines if i told her. afterall he is my friend not her.

lunar! you know me so well! but this isn't the case for this story.

If he checks out other guys, then he's at least bi-curious, if not actually bisexual or gay.

I do wish guys would be more open about commenting on what they think of other guys in terms of looks.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

i have no problem with his sexual orientation, it's just that i don't like that if he is at least bi and he knows it then that means he's lying to me and to other people close to him. everything he does in my eyes at least makes him at the least bi. and he says he's straight but i know that the last last 10 people he's slept with are all guys.