Page 52 of 264 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 5270

Thread: Random Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    How to be a supportive mother:

Two years ago:

"Is that your girlfriend? She's so pretty! I like her eyes, very kind, must be quite special for you to pick her out of many!"

Recently:

"Show me photos of your crazy ex again. Hmm, unremarkable. Not easy on the eyes at all. Glad you're not with her anymore. She looks like she'll have dumb kids. That other girl in the photo is much prettier, why don't you date her?"

The girl in question still looks exactly the same.

Mums are so full of sh!t.
    This is awesome!
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Ghaleon! I've done it! I've got Sephiroth's ultimate weapon "One-Winged Angel"!

Now I'm going to gun for Cloud's!

How to be a supportive mother:

Two years ago:

"Is that your girlfriend? She's so pretty! I like her eyes, very kind, must be quite special for you to pick her out of many!"

Recently:

"Show me photos of your crazy ex again. Hmm, unremarkable. Not easy on the eyes at all. Glad you're not with her anymore. She looks like she'll have dumb kids. That other girl in the photo is much prettier, why don't you date her?"

The girl in question still looks exactly the same.

Mums are so full of sh!t.
    That's funny!

But Candyman, true as it can be, don't be rude (to Mums)!
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Ghaleon! I've done it! I've got Sephiroth's ultimate weapon "One-Winged Angel"!

Now I'm going to gun for Cloud's!
    What's the verdict on it? How much Bravery Damage can u do??? It better let me break those high level bastards when I get it Have u tried fighting Chaos with the ultimate weapon yet?

I don't do a lot of BR damage... so I feel so unjustified when the opponents sometimes hit me with more than 1K of BR damage with one single blow!

That Oath Orb is really hard to get. Been beating Sephiroth dozens of times now... but with only ONE pathetic Oath Orb to show for. Will continue to work hard at it!

And oh, I use Sunrise and Moonrise too. Together they boost 2.7 times for Battlegen.
    Yeah those dudes are pissing me off. So damn cheap. All they have to do is like land 1 or 2 combos on me and i'm already broken. But if i have to break them it takes me so freaking long.

How do u get the Oath Orb, do u just have to keep on Ex bursting Seph?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    What's the verdict on it? How much Bravery Damage can u do??? It better let me break those high level bastards when I get it Have u tried fighting Chaos with the ultimate weapon yet?

Yeah those dudes are pissing me off. So damn cheap. All they have to do is like land 1 or 2 combos on me and i'm already broken. But if i have to break them it takes me so freaking long.

How do u get the Oath Orb, do u just have to keep on Ex bursting Seph?
    Nope. You have to break a Lvl100 Sephiroth. So you can use quick battle for that. Minimise his power...

As for the ultimate weapon, BR damage just seems as weak, but I seems to be getting more critical hits in chase BR which is very helpful 'cos I can break them in no time.

I still have no idea what's the difference between "Damage" and "Physical Damage". I'm wondering if the former refers to BR and the latter to HP.

I totally hate it when I attend cousin's wedding and relatives pointing fingers at me and said "You're NEXT!". They quit doing that when I did exactly the same thing (point fingers at them and say "You're NEXT!") at them on FUNERALS!

When aunt say the DUMBEST thing: "Look, your younger cousin has got married! Don't be choosy! Find someone and get married....".

Me: "Thank you for your concern, aunt. I am very familiar with divorce matters, you know? The KEY to failed marriages has to be simply find someone and get married.... at least this is what the modern world has become, the world that we live in NOW."
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 11-10-09 at 11:52 PM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Why hate when you can have so much fun with it?

"You should get married!"
    "But I haven't done anything wrong! Why should I be punished?"

Or:

"My girlfriend is against marriage."
    "What? You have a girlfriend now? How come you haven't introduced her to us?"
    "She's a spy. You're not allowed to meet her."

Or the Brad Pitt's response: "I'll get married when every couple who want to can get married (referring to gay marriage)." His media advisor is a smart cookie.

You can also ask those nosy relatives to set you up with someone but with one condition: you have to see her nude pics before the first date.

The key is to not take them seriously and never give them a straight answer unless it's a No.
    Last edited by Candide; 11-11-09 at 01:31 AM.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

When Iggy Pop sings, I can't understand the lyrics at all.

People say Bob Dylan is hard to understand, but I hear every word Dylan sings (at least on his older songs).

Why hate when you can have so much fun with it?

"You should get married!"
    "But I haven't done anything wrong! Why should I be punished?"

Or:

"My girlfriend is against marriage."
    "What? You have a girlfriend now? How come you haven't introduced her to us?"
    "She's a spy. You're not allowed to meet her."

Or the Brad Pitt's response: "I'll get married when every couple who want to can get married (referring to gay marriage)." His media advisor is a smart cookie.
    Right there! My favourite response!

You can also ask those nosy relatives to set you up with someone but with one condition: you have to see her nude pics before the first date.

The key is to not take them seriously and never give them a straight answer unless it's a No.
    Absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    I totally hate it when I attend cousin's wedding and relatives pointing fingers at me and said "You're NEXT!".
    Don't worry, after a while, all the relatives will give up and stop asking.
    Well, at least, mine have given up on me for a while now.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

i want to write something to thank grandma, dad, and uncle who are gone. but i am plain lazy. anyway, thanks ma-ma, papa and uncle billy for the precious time and moments all of you have given me.

Nope. You have to break a Lvl100 Sephiroth. So you can use quick battle for that. Minimise his power...

As for the ultimate weapon, BR damage just seems as weak, but I seems to be getting more critical hits in chase BR which is very helpful 'cos I can break them in no time.

I still have no idea what's the difference between "Damage" and "Physical Damage". I'm wondering if the former refers to BR and the latter to HP.
    So with the ultimate weapon plus the chase, they really helps you to break those level 100+ guys?? So you're saying its worth it to get the ultimate weapon? Ultimate weapon + chase = breaking time??!
    Yeah I think damage is BR and physical damage is HP. I also wanna try getting those 30% boost accessories to maximize the BR/HP damages.

BTW, I just started Crisis Core, great game. I just wanna be immersed in an awesome story. How long does it take to beta CC? Is it around the same gameplay length as FF VII?
    Last edited by Ghaleon; 11-11-09 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post

BTW, I just started Crisis Core, great game. I just wanna be immersed in an awesome story. How long does it take to beta CC? Is it around the same gameplay length as FF VII?
    Haha no way. It's a really short story. If you do minimum training you can beat the story within a week. The majority of gameplay length is to the missions, which can extend the length by weeks and weeks.

gugu is thinking of cutting her hair very very very very very short. above the chin short!

Quote Originally Posted by HuangYushi View Post
    Don't worry, after a while, all the relatives will give up and stop asking.
    Well, at least, mine have given up on me for a while now.
    Good for you.

I've decided to mess with their heads using Candyman's suggestions so that they will get totally confused and finally quit asking.

Lunch-nap time story:

A boat docked in a tiny Mexican village. An American tourist complimented the Mexican fisherman on the quality of his fish and asked how long it took to catch them.

“Not very long.” answered the Mexican.

“But then, why didn’t you stay out longer and catch more?” asked the American.

The Mexican explained that his small catch was sufficient to meet his needs and those of his family.

The American asked “But what do you do with the rest of your time?”

“I sleep late, fish a little, play with my children, and take a siesta with my wife. In the evenings, I go into the village to see my friends, play the guitar, and sing a few songs. I have a full life.” The American interrupted, “I have an MBA from Harvard, and I can help you! You should start by fishing longer every day. You can then sell the extra fish you catch. With the extra revenue, you can buy a bigger boat.”

“And after that?” asked the Mexican.

With the extra money the bigger boat will bring, you can buy a second and a third and so on until you have an entire fleet of trawlers.

Instead of selling your fish to a middleman, you can then negotiate directly with the processing plants and maybe even open your own plant.

You can then leave this little village and move to Mexico City, Los Angeles, or even New York City! From there you can direct your huge new enterprise.”

“How long would that take?” asked the Mexican.

“Twenty, perhaps twenty-five years.” replied the American.

“And after that?”

“Afterwards? Well my Friend, that’s when it gets really interesting.” answered the American, laughing. “When your business gets really big, you can start selling stocks and make millions!”

“Millions? Really? And after that?” said the Mexican.

“After that, you’ll be able to retire, live in a tiny village near the coast, sleep late, play with your children, catch a few fish, take a siesta with your wife, and spend your evenings doing what you like and enjoying your friends.”
    Should be required reading for for current and future generations of materialistic Asians.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Lunch-nap time story:

Should be required reading for for current and future generations of materialistic Asians.
    Good one there!

Yes good one if you already live that life. I dont even own a fuken boat yet.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by oGaKirA View Post
    Yes good one if you already live that life. I dont even own a fuken boat yet.
    Fukien boats are no good; what you need is a Hong Kong junk.

Lunch-nap time story:

Love it!

This is trully a wakeup call, especially for those who enjoy running on a Hamster-wheel!