Thread: Anyone here plays World of Warcraft ?

Default Anyone here plays World of Warcraft ?

Anyone here plays World of Warcraft ?

WoW is the most popular MMORPG game out there, I am sure many here play the game as well.

Anyway, I have a blog on my WoW playing, please visit and comment.

http://hpwarcraft.blogspot.com/

played till junior year in college...but not since then...i havent even touched the new expansion...one of the most fun and extremely addictive games out there

Dota is better.

Han SOlo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

i don't think i ever played it. Thats weird for an asian guy aye.
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ar&n=Renwoxing

There I am all decked out in my epic Naxx gear. I kinda lost steam and got bored of the game just before the new patch content, and haven't played since. Maybe I will go renew my account sometime soon who knows!

I used to play all the way through Black Temple with TBC. Had decked out Tier 6 shammy, pally, and priest. Even did those huge 40-mans in Molten Core in the original. I did the Strat 45-min run in the original, as well as the Zul'Aman bear run in TBC multiple times -- those required a good team of very experienced players and were some of the best challenges in the game.

However, I couldn't handle the raiding hours and all the farming required to maintain the level of play that I enjoy. I'm one of those guys that likes to push to the end.

From a true RPG perspective, WoW is not really the best designed game. D&D is much deeper. It's too dumbed down with too many classes that overlap in abilities. However, it is a really fun social event and will probably stand out in history as one of the all-time best MMORPGs.

Hi polaris...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://thelostjacket.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/world-of-warcraft.jpg')

I have played World of Warcraft...
    Very nice game, enjoy with it....
    Advertisements are not allowed ~ Moderator.

Ewww....Allies.

Play on and off. Horde on Hakkar.

Any good Realm with asian guilds out there?
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

latest news says Chinese government does not like Wow, and is not issuing new license for Netease to serve the game.

Yea I heard the Chinese government didn't allow the launch of the latest expansion The Lich King. Plus the illegal selling of WOW gold by chinese gold farmers....Blizzard decided to close all chinese servers.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

I recently quit playing this game. I got too tired of all the routine, weekly raids, daily quests. I don't enjoy it as much as I did a year back. Maybe I'll come back to it someday, but not anytime soon.

Blizzard Confirms Rumors of New World of Warcraft Expansion

http://hpwarcraft.blogspot.com/

Blizzard Entertainment announced at its Blizzcon convention that “Cataclysm,” the new expansion for World of Warcraft, will be released in 2010.

The company announced to 20,000 Blizzcon attendees on Friday that the rumors are true, and their thirst for new content will be satisfied. PC World reports that this new expansion will change much of the game’s physical world. The trailer declared that “Ancient lands have been torn asunder, unleashing widespread destruction. But newfound life has also awakened. New conflicts erupt as old enemies vie for control of the world's diminished resources.”

Players can also look forward to two new races, new dungeons, raise the maximum character level to 85, and allow for new race/class combinations, writes CNET News.

World of Warcraft is an online role-playing game that launched in 2004. According to VentureBeat, it has become a billion-dollar franchise with 11.5 million subscribers.

Blizzard did not specify a release date nor did they say how much the new expansion would cost their loyal players.

Hey guys -

I just went to Blizzcon '09 since it's in my area and I got a chance to test out the Worgens and Goblins. I actually tested out Starcraft II and Diablo III also.

The expansion looks like it will be more of the same -- in other words, great all around. I believe the goblins have much better PvP racials since that rocket jump is fantastic for creating space and getting away from harm, while the rocket blast gives you a instant ranged attack for good damage -- ideal for catching runners and finishing off a fight.

Starcraft II. Wowness all around. I watched two matches between the Blizzard Development Team and Blizzard Cinematics team. Dev team won hands down using Protoss in both matches. I was able to test out the Terran race for about 40 minutes, but all of the elements are there. The new flame-throwing units are fantastic. My favorite SC2 unit is the Protoss' Colossus. Looks straight out of War of the Worlds, and the dual laser rays are stunningly beautiful.

Diablo III. More of the same, but in a much more developed engine. It looked and felt exactly the same as Diablo II, but more fluid and more rich. I think this will take a lot of WoW players away from WoW for about a year. I played the mage class, but my friend played the monk class sitting at the computer next to me. Diablo III will probably be my game. I love WoW (almost too much) so it's better for me to play a game that you can just save and quit out of. No more 15 hour raids for me.

If you live in southern california and want a swag bag, I'll sell it for cheap . It includes the N00bz collector figure, the WoW Murloc Marine Pet, and the Blizzcon exclusive security key.
    Last edited by ChuckC; 08-24-09 at 06:38 AM. Reason: added some details

Default Blizzcon Costume Contest

This was my favorite part of Blizzcon -- women dressed up as WoW characters! Some of the guys did a good job too. I made my own edit of what I believed are the best costumes. But you guys gotta see the contest winner at the end -- she was amazing. If you can imagine doing this costume, she did it:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.diablowiki.net/images/thumb/1/17/Delowyn_MistressOfPainWIP.jpg/300px-Delowyn_MistressOfPainWIP.jpg')

I would like to team up with some people and send a girl in with a super costume. If anyone has some good connection with costume-design companies in China or here in the US, I bet we could come up with something up to par.

This is my edit of the 2009 Blizzcon Costume Contest. I added a few extra scenes and made the ending more dramatic, cutting out the dude's corny jokes.
    Last edited by ChuckC; 08-29-09 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Fixed link

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckC View Post
    Hey guys -

I just went to Blizzcon '09 since it's in my area and I got a chance to test out the Worgens and Goblins. I actually tested out Starcraft II and Diablo III also.

The expansion looks like it will be more of the same -- in other words, great all around. I believe the goblins have much better PvP racials since that rocket jump is fantastic for creating space and getting away from harm, while the rocket blast gives you a instant ranged attack for good damage -- ideal for catching runners and finishing off a fight.

Starcraft II. Wowness all around. I watched two matches between the Blizzard Development Team and Blizzard Cinematics team. Dev team won hands down using Protoss in both matches. I was able to test out the Terran race for about 40 minutes, but all of the elements are there. The new flame-throwing units are fantastic. My favorite SC2 unit is the Protoss' Colossus. Looks straight out of War of the Worlds, and the dual laser rays are stunningly beautiful.

Diablo III. More of the same, but in a much more developed engine. It looked and felt exactly the same as Diablo II, but more fluid and more rich. I think this will take a lot of WoW players away from WoW for about a year. I played the mage class, but my friend played the monk class sitting at the computer next to me. Diablo III will probably be my game. I love WoW (almost too much) so it's better for me to play a game that you can just save and quit out of. No more 15 hour raids for me.

If you live in southern california and want a swag bag, I'll sell it for cheap . It includes the N00bz collector figure, the WoW Murloc Marine Pet, and the Blizzcon exclusive security key.
    That's great, so it sounds like everything was worth the wait. Been waiting for SC2 since forever.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

I think that i will wait for diablo 3.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckC View Post
    This was my favorite part of Blizzcon -- women dressed up as WoW characters! Some of the guys did a good job too. I made my own edit of what I believed are the best costumes. But you guys gotta see the contest winner at the end -- she was amazing. If you can imagine doing this costume, she did it:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.diablowiki.net/images/thumb/1/17/Delowyn_MistressOfPainWIP.jpg/300px-Delowyn_MistressOfPainWIP.jpg')

I would like to team up with some people and send a girl in with a super costume. If anyone has some good connection with costume-design companies in China or here in the US, I bet we could come up with something up to par.

This is my edit of the 2009 Blizzcon Costume Contest. I added a few extra scenes and made the ending more dramatic, cutting out the dude's corny jokes.
    Wow (no pun intended), thanks for the video. My friend was working the gameplay area when this event was occurring, so he wasn't able to see it. I'm not a Wow fan, but the Mistress of Pain costume turned out quite realistic. Very beautiful. The model also seemed most professional, compared to all the other females.

Thanks for the vid, it was awesome.

Indonesia, where people will trap you in a Big Dipper formation if you steal a chicken...

I play WoW, but never on retail. I only play on private servers. Reason: Not enough 'golds'.....
    It was often said, "Among horses, Chi Tu (Red Hare). Among retards, Lu Bu."

Vice-President of Wuji Haters Club!

Originator of "Wuv Kuddly Hamsty" activity.