Thread: Star Awards 09 farce

Default Star Awards 09 farce

Anyone watched that show? They actually installed some sort of buzzer to warn winners that their allocated time for thank-you speeches is up and forcibly turned off their mic and leaving many of them red-faced. Even I, watching from the telly was embarassed for them.

And retiring celebrities from the "Top 10" for winning that dumb award 10 times, only an idiotic media company like Mediacorp could come up with such a lame idea.
    "By nature, men are nearly alike; by practice, they get to be wide apart."

Quote Originally Posted by FruityPunch View Post
    Anyone watched that show? They actually installed some sort of buzzer to warn winners that their allocated time for thank-you speeches is up and forcibly turned off their mic and leaving many of them red-faced. Even I, watching from the telly was embarassed for them.

And retiring celebrities from the "Top 10" for winning that dumb award 10 times, only an idiotic media company like Mediacorp could come up with such a lame idea.
    I think it's really rude, demeaning and embarrassing, particularly since we have overseas people here to give out the awards.

It's an important moment for those who received the awards, and some were even unprepared so it's natural they dallied, or had many thanks to say. I was really sad and embarrased for Belinda; she got what she deserved and don't deserved at the same time.

If this award show is really as important as MediaCorp puts it, then it's only natural that it could go overtime, and contingency time should have been given to the show.

MediaCorp is not only disrespecting the artistes and the audience, but also themselves. MediaCorp should be ashamed.
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 05-16-09 at 11:05 AM.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

And the "magic" shows with the tacky background music ripped off from somewhere. Remote controlled toy planes or something. Flying parrot loaned from Jurong Bird Park. Really bad taste. No performing artistes either. Low budget, I think. And idk why they postponed this event till May. It was supposed to be held in December. I thought it would be something worth waiting for. Turns out to be a major disappointment.
    "By nature, men are nearly alike; by practice, they get to be wide apart."

Quote Originally Posted by FruityPunch View Post
    And the "magic" shows with the tacky background music ripped off from somewhere. Remote controlled toy planes or something. Flying parrot loaned from Jurong Bird Park. Really bad taste. No performing artistes either. Low budget, I think. And idk why they postponed this event till May. It was supposed to be held in December. I thought it would be something worth waiting for. Turns out to be a major disappointment.
    They delayed most probably only for the Little Nyonya. Hmpf.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."