Thread: Star Trek (2009)

Default Star Trek (2009)

Are you serious? There hasn't been a thread created for this awesome movie yet? If there is, and I failed to see it, then mods, please feel free to merge.

I saw it again today, and I was still blown away. Usually movies with time-traveling plots tend to have many plotholes, so I was very impressed with this one where things came together nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    Are you serious? There hasn't been a thread created for this awesome movie yet? If there is, and I failed to see it, then mods, please feel free to merge.

I saw it again today, and I was still blown away. Usually movies with time-traveling plots tend to have many plotholes, so I was very impressed with this one where things came together nicely.
    I was thinking to start this thread too.

Pretty good movie. I am not a Trekky fan, but the plot made sense and nothing was over the top.
    Acting was good, effects were nice, the subtle humour was charming. But why watch it twice??
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

i want to watch this movie! chris pine is HOT

I was dragged to see this movie, but I ended up really liking it, even though I have very limited knowledge of Star Trek.

The guy who plays Spock is really good, in my opinion.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Twice?!? I liked the movie, but didn't think it was THAT great.

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    i want to watch this movie! chris pine is HOT
    I was bothered by his skin and thought he was so so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded WenEr View Post
    I was dragged to see this movie, but I ended up really liking it, even though I have very limited knowledge of Star Trek.

The guy who plays Spock is really good, in my opinion.
    Yeah, Spock was very good and I even thought he was kind of cute until I saw the actor without his makeup. Darn his real eyebrows are ugly.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Lol, yes, I saw it twice because yesterday was Memorial Day and I had nowhere to go but to the movies. Actually I really do think it's one of the better films I've seen this year (which actually isn't much, but still).

I came in not expecting much, which might have been why I was pleasantly surprised with it. And also time-traveling stories make me happy (when they don't screw things up).

Spock was hooooot. I thought he looked hotter as Spock than as Sylar. Chris Pine was alright, but the hottest guy would have to be the actor Chris who played George Kirk. I loved Scotty, haha.

I was actually shocked that Spock met Spock Prime at the end...in all the other movies and stories that you see, usually the present never meets with the future, because that would screw things up and such...but I guess it worked out for them (or him?).

Lol, yes, I saw it twice because yesterday was Memorial Day and I had nowhere to go but to the movies. Actually I really do think it's one of the better films I've seen this year (which actually isn't much, but still).

I came in not expecting much, which might have been why I was pleasantly surprised with it. And also time-traveling stories make me happy (when they don't screw things up).

Spock was hooooot. I thought he looked hotter as Spock than as Sylar. Chris Pine was alright, but the hottest guy would have to be the actor Chris who played George Kirk. I loved Scotty, haha.

I was actually shocked that Spock met Spock Prime at the end...in all the other movies and stories that you see, usually the present never meets with the future, because that would screw things up and such...but I guess it worked out for them (or him?).
    Zackary Quinto, who plays Sylar has done an excellent job in Heroes. Neither weak, but stronger than ever. I was surprised he would play as Spock in this movie and tries to pulled it off. I was planning to decided either to watch this one or Terminator Salvation. Either way, I will be planning to watch both of them. I had watched most of the Star Trek movies. JB, you are right about the time traveling thing has so many loopholes. But, that's the nice thing about it, so there is plenty of room to expand the plot of the story and not shorting it.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.