Thread: Seta Sōjirō(rurouni kenshin) vs xiao long nu(roch)

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

Default Seta Sōjirō(rurouni kenshin) vs xiao long nu(roch)

who would win, xiaolongnu with her twin swords and exceptional speed or Seta Sōjirō of rurouni kenshin/samurai x with his faster then the eye can see speed and kenjutsu

seta sojiro was so fast he could avoid the all powerful nine dragon slash from kenshin. his lack of emotion was also his strengt as his opponents couldn't read his facial expression to know when he will attack.

xiaolongnu is also known for her emotionless nature and had incredible speed.

your pick.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

While I Love XLN, and I think her dual technique might help her, Kenshin stuff borders on supernatural...and Seta's speed is rediculous...he'd win.
    Last edited by Aventinus; 06-01-09 at 01:23 PM.

i thought that sojiro's speed is comparable to DFBB and XLN's speed was so fast that QZ elders couldn't see her moves at all. so it seems quite similar.

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword View Post
    i thought that sojiro's speed is comparable to DFBB and XLN's speed was so fast that QZ elders couldn't see her moves at all. so it seems quite similar.
    But can the QZ elders see her? That's the crux.

'Cos Sojirou at his fastest, cannot be seen.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Sojiro could disappear totally, its not just his moves which are too fast to catch. You cant see him at all. XLN could still be seen as a blur.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

LOL, Seta would win for sure, because in the anime, Sanosuke mentioned about Seta's speed being "beyond God-speed". How in the hell are you gonna compete with "beyond God-speed"?

Seta would pwn XLN and mop the floor with DFBB.

Soujirou is ridiculous, he dodges Kuzuryuusen (something not even Hiko necessarily can do) while rushing Kenshin and being caught by surprise by it, and is then able to punish Kenshin by slashing him across the back
    Reverend Rongku prepared himself.

Suddenly, he toss his hands and screamed: "I am not human! I am an animal!"

The crowd startled at such a bizarre beginning to the story.

Btw, while we're on the topic of the Kenshin anime, does anyone know who's the strongest in the entire story? I assume it's Hiko Seijuro, followed by Makoto Shishio?

Keep in mind that you can't use "disappearing speed" as an indicator since it depends entirely on the viewer. This is common in shonen manga. For instance, young Gohan (to borrow a DBZ example) was unable to see Yamcha fight a saibaman at first until Piccolo instructed him to sense the flow of ki.

Likewise, Kenshin was completely unable to track Seta at first. This was because of Seta's speed certainly but also because Seta didn't emit a killing intent which meant that Kenshin was unable to use his intuition to track and predict Seta's movements. Later on, after Seta's emotions awakened, even though Seta was actually moving _faster_ Kenshin was able to completely track his motion.

(Yes, I'm a Kenshin buff)

I like to put Hiko at #1 and Soujirou on a good day at #2.

Kenshin > Shishio IMO. Kenshin hit Shishio some 14 times with blows that would have crippled or killed him if he had been using a real sword. Shisho on the other hand used a flaming sword and failed to do either.

True, but from what I watch, Shishio's techniques seems to be a lot more solid than Kenshin.

If you look at how he took on Saito, Sanosuke and Oishi one after another like they're mere toys to him, you would be awed. Even Kenshin had a hard time against Saito and Oishi when he fought them previously.

I personally would put Hiko at #1, followed by Shishio at #2, followed by either Saito or Sojiro at #3, and Oishi at #4.

Btw, what about that mage? I think he's the final boss in the series if you don't include Enishi.

when kenshin fought sojiro, it was after a punishning duel with aoshi, so kenshin's strenght was reduced. at full strenght, kenshin is known for moving so fast, his oponents can't see him. when sojiro lost control of his emotions and then fought at full strenght against kenshin, kenshin moved as fast against him at the last attack using Amakakeru Ryū no Hirameki . when hiko was training kenshin, he was beating him up quite easily all through the training, he only took a hit twice, when kenshin used full force (but knocked himself out) and when kenshin used Amakakeru Ryū no Hirameki against Kuzu-ryūsen. whoever, since a properly executed amakakeru ryu hirameki is the perfect response to Kuzu-ryūsen, you can say hiko allowed kenshin the advatage in that exchange. hiko is still the superior swordsman to kenshin. as fast, as skilled but stronger.

for thw wikipedia info
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Himura_Kenshin

to read the original manga
    http://www.thespectrum.net/manga_scans/rurouni_kenshin/

ok how about yang guo with his heavy sword and powered up qi speed. he captured one of the qz priest infront of the whole sect in a flash. how would he do against sojiro
    Last edited by kyss of the sword; 06-04-09 at 02:48 AM.

Shishio fought a weakened Saito, Sanosuke and Aoshi. Saito had his thighs slashed, thus reducing the power of his Gatotsu. Sanosuke's hand bones were damaged from his fight with Anjo plus he took many hits from Futae no Kiwami; he couldn't win at full health but would have put up a better fight. Aoshi took a hit from Amakakeru Ryu no Hirameki, he was severely injured but still managed to put Shishio into a corner; unfortunately his Kaiten Kenbu Rokuren was way too slow because of his injuries.

The point is that none of those fights are indicative. Kenshin had to fight his opponents at their full strengths before taking on Shishio. And despite all that, in the end both Shishio and Kenshin stood up. Since Kenshin started off with a greater disadvantage, I'd say that Kenshin had the slight edge.

I used to love reading Kenshin, and samurai swordplay stuff. Then i got introduced to wuxia and found samurais all pansy ***. I hate the whole one hit kill thing its kinda cheap after getting into wuxia theory. Personally my vote goes to XiaoLong Nu!

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword View Post
    when kenshin fought sojiro, it was after a punishning duel with aoshi, so kenshin's strenght was reduced. at full strenght, kenshin is known for moving so fast, his oponents can't see him. when sojiro lost control of his emotions and then fought at full strenght against kenshin, kenshin moved as fast against him at the last attack using Amakakeru Ryū no Hirameki . when hiko was training kenshin, he was beating him up quite easily all through the training, he only took a hit twice, when kenshin used full force (but knocked himself out) and when kenshin used Amakakeru Ryū no Hirameki against Kuzu-ryūsen. whoever, since a properly executed amakakeru ryu hirameki is the perfect response to Kuzu-ryūsen, you can say hiko allowed kenshin the advatage in that exchange. hiko is still the superior swordsman to kenshin. as fast, as skilled but stronger.

for thw wikipedia info
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Himura_Kenshin

to read the original manga
    http://www.thespectrum.net/manga_scans/rurouni_kenshin/

ok how about yang guo with his heavy sword and powered up qi speed. he captured one of the qz priest infront of the whole sect in a flash. how would he do against sojiro
    When Kenshin fought Hiko, Hiko never took off his cloak.

And this battle depends solely upon how fast we view Kenshin/Seta/Hiko/Shishio's speed is compared to Wuxia depictions. We don't know if the "disappearing from view" is simply to a normal untrained eye, or if it's still true from a master's perspective.

Remember that Zhang Wuji was able to run so fast that he he ran straight past some guards who failed to even see him. Would that kind of speed mirror that of Soujiro's? Be greater? Inferior?

If their speeds were comparable, I say this fight would swing the way of the Wuxia characters.

Nah, Hiko dramatically took off his cloak when he was preparing himself to get killed by Kenshin.

but hiko was trying to force kenshin to break thruogh his emotional pain that was preventing him from succeeding in his mastery of Amakakeru Ryū no Hirameki. so possibly he might have given kenshin the advantage in that exchange on purpose.

a ?. sano who had no real teacher raised himself to a powerful level one the same level as aoshi and saito. if he had a real master like hiko as a teacher, could he be better then kenshin?