Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Chinese Series Are You Watching?

Currently watching Princess Cheung Ping starring Michelle Yim, Damian Lau and David Chiang...forgot how much i liked this film until i rewatched it again. also just finished watching Xiao Zhuang Epic...love Ning Jing's character so much...just couldn't get over her and Ma Jing Tao's angry scene, when she told him he had vowed on his life to protect her son.

the chemistry was great in both!
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

I am rewatching HZGG I & II. A classic!

Banned

I enjoy watching HZGG I & II the classic version over and over again wow...just love it

I am rewatching zhi zun hong yan(legendary wu mei niang)

The new Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre. Alex Su sucks like a little boy compared to this version.

I'm currently watching Kuan Shu (Forgive) starring Wang Zhi Wen, Xu Qing, and Liu Xiao Hu. This series received some pretty bad reviews, but I guess I haven't gotten to the bad part yet.

I'm taking a break from Kuan Shu and have started watching Wo Ju, one of the most talked about series of the year. The dialogue and realism of the show are its primary perks. Highly recommended!

I am currently watching Qin Wang Li Shi Min....love it love it love it!!!

I'm watching Xiao Yi Duo He/Little Aunt Tatsuru. It's based on an award-winning novel by Yan Geling (English synopsis here). So far so good - another highly recommended drama!

OoOoh that looks like a good read! I've been looking for a nice book since I moved back to the states just this month. I think I might hunt that one down.

I just finished watching The Myth 2010 (meh) and the latest Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber (bit better than meh).

Currently trying to go through Dreams Link (lol). It's...iunno...dramatic, for the lack of a better word. I like Alex Fong. I balance this last choice with simultaneously rewatching ATV's Vampire Expert 2 '96(?) and Water Margin '97(?).
    I like me.

My mom just bought 大丫鬟 (another Yu Zheng production) so I'm watching it with her. Ma Ya Shu is the leading actress this time, but I've noticed how Yu Zheng likes to reuse the same people over and over again; for instance, Mickey He. From what I've seen so far, it's a pretty typical Yu Zheng show: very melodramatic with a girl who suffers through a lot, and complicated love triangles.

I'm watching Xi Fu De Mei Hao Shi Dai, a modern dramady about a woman's complicated newlywed life after marrying a guy with two sets of parents and a crazy, manipulative younger sister with a tragic past. I like it so far - although sometimes predictable with too many coincidences, the storyline is pretty funny and doesn't drag.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 05-23-10 at 02:27 AM.

I'm watching An Fa Xian Chang (案发现场) - Scene of the Crime, the mainland version of CSI. I can't believe it's taken me so long to discover this show! There's one case per episode.

I'm also watching Qing You Qian Qian Jie (情有千千劫), a police drama that focuses on murder cases related to different types of love (between lovers, family members, friends, etc). It has more character development than AFXC, but also feels more draggy probably because of that. Great theme song.

Before five days i finish the superb fairy from the wonderland(Tien wai fei xian if i dont have wrong).Now ....eeehmmm...rewatching tian wai fei xian.

I'm watching Girl in Blue w/ Qiao En

I am watching HSDS 2009 version- goodness I think this is the best so far...(watched 2 taiwanese and 3 TVB and 1 China versions)
    Deng Chau is soooo good as Wuzi. The backdrop of the China scenery is so beautiful- they dont need much props. one complain though...costumes too beautiful...and girls too pretty! haha. But love this version. Way to go DengChau!
    (dont know where they film the WuTang mountains- but that place was real nice)

I'm really boring. I just keep watching my Jin Yong series over and over. I've been watching parts of ROCH '06 over the past week, and today I watched 3 episodes of LOCH '03. Now that I've practically got the stories memorized, I'm watching to listen to the dialogue and read the subtitles.

Someday I will be able to read the subtitles without getting a headache from concentrating on recognizing the characters.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

just finished watching the myth ~ tv series version.

the first 10 episodes were ok, then it start to go bad, and draggy. i carried on watching just to know the ending, and then i end up playing the videos in the background whilst doing other stuff, like reading, surfing net, writing.

the ending was nothing short of pure hilarious.
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

Smile

I just finished watching Pretty Maid with Ron Ng, Chen Si Cheng, Mickey He, Ma Ya Shu, and Rain Lee. I usually prefer watching wuxia stories with sword fights, but I somehow came upon this series on youtube and watched the first 12 episodes online. I was hooked by then and had to purchase the rest of the series since youtube only had 12 episodes. I actually found the series pretty entertaining and not draggy at all. It's the typical storyline of a poor but beautiful maiden loved by three men. The pretty maid, played by Ma Ya Shu, finds herself sold back and forth among three rich families. The sons of each of the three families fall in love with her. As a bonus, I think the story has some nice eye candy with Ron Ng, Chen Si Cheng, and Mickey He (I think that's his name). I recommend this series.

Quote Originally Posted by sarapoot View Post
    (dont know where they film the WuTang mountains- but that place was real nice)
    They filmed it at the REAL Wudang Mountains.