Thread: Programs to get convert CD music files to MP3 format

Default Programs to get convert CD music files to MP3 format

I was wondering where I can get the software/program to convert music/songs from my CD albums to MP3 format so that I can upload them into my MP3 player? I really want to put a lot of my songs into my MP3 player so I can listen to them wherever I go. Also, how much do they cost?? How do we transfer songs in MP3 format to my MP3 player?? Sorry, but I have never done that before so I am really lost when it comes to that... Thanks for all of the help!!
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    FreeRIP

Sorry but what kind of response is that???
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Sorry but what kind of response is that???
    A short one.

A short one.
    Actually, forget it...I have found a good program for this.... Thanks anyways...

Windows Media Player can actually convert music CDs to mp3s and it's pre-installed in Windows.

That's Ken with his ARTs.
    Have you learned to love one another?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegum View Post
    Windows Media Player can actually convert music CDs to mp3s and it's pre-installed in Windows.

Heh.

WMP is somewhat dubious. Yes, it CAN rip, but it'll do some weird things like sound dropouts, etc. Like most Microsoft product, it's buggy as all hell and seems almost designed to frustrate.

Heh.

WMP is somewhat dubious. Yes, it CAN rip, but it'll do some weird things like sound dropouts, etc. Like most Microsoft product, it's buggy as all hell and seems almost designed to frustrate.
    I'm not aware of any issues as I've just tested several songs I converted in WMP and they all sounded fine.
    Last edited by Bubblegum; 06-03-09 at 03:39 PM.

I'm not aware of any issues as I've just tested several songs I converted in WMP and all they sounded fine.
    It might depend on how picky you are. I'm a complete audiophile/hi-fi rock snob, so I don't tolerate sound anomalies, and WMP had an annoying tendency to make the sound drop out for an instant during the final five seconds of a song. Some people don't mind this; I mind it GREATLY, especially when I'm listening to album rock which is supposed to have no break in the sound at all (except where, in the old vinyl record days, you had to turn the record over).

Thanks. That's interesting to know. I'll try out some of the other programs to see if they make any difference.

Thanks. That's interesting to know. I'll try out some of the other programs to see if they make any difference.
    you need decent headphone/speakers to tell the difference. (audio player too)

Thanks for letting me know... I think it is better for me to buy one then since I am not sure if I trust Windows Media players for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    It might depend on how picky you are. I'm a complete audiophile/hi-fi rock snob, so I don't tolerate sound anomalies, and WMP had an annoying tendency to make the sound drop out for an instant during the final five seconds of a song. Some people don't mind this; I mind it GREATLY, especially when I'm listening to album rock which is supposed to have no break in the sound at all (except where, in the old vinyl record days, you had to turn the record over).
    Anyone who cares about audio quality should use none other than Exact Audio Copy as the ripper with the combination of LAME as the encoder. The only problem is that it's a little bit difficult to configure EAC at first and you need to manually add in codes to set up the quality of the encoding. That combination requires a little bit of learning, but that's the price to pay to get the best results possible. The best part is that both are free.

If you're willing the spend the time configuring and setting up EAC and LAME, then here's a guide: http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index....ory:EAC_Guides
    http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index....e=EAC_and_Lame
    Last edited by Canuck21; 06-24-09 at 11:58 PM.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21 View Post
    Anyone who cares about audio quality should use none other than Exact Audio Copy as the ripper with the combination of LAME as the encoder. The only problem is that it's a little bit difficult to configure EAC at first and you need to manually add in codes to set up the quality of the encoding. That combination requires a little bit of learning, but that's the price to pay to get the best results possible. The best part is that both are free.

If you're willing the spend the time configuring and setting up EAC and LAME, then here's a guide: http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index....ory:EAC_Guides
    http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index....e=EAC_and_Lame
    Thanks for the info and all. Hm.. but I question if I have the patience to do all that... It is all free too?? Are you sure?? But hey, if it works well, then I will go for it. Have you tried it before???

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Thanks for the info and all. Hm.. but I question if I have the patience to do all that... It is all free too?? Are you sure?? But hey, if it works well, then I will go for it. Have you tried it before???
    Yes, both are completely free and yes, I have tried them before, that's how I make my MP3s. Before you go download the ripper and the encoder, take a look at the guide(s) and see if it looks doable to you. If you don't understand the guide at all, then maybe it's better to look at other easier programs.
    Last edited by Canuck21; 06-25-09 at 12:26 AM.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21 View Post
    Yes, both are completely free and yes, I have tried them before, that's how I make my MP3s. Before you go download the ripper and the encoder, take a look at the guide(s) and see if it looks doable to you. If you don't understand the guide at all, then maybe it's better to look at other easier programs.
    Oh ok, thanks! If they sound too complicated then I may just buy one that is more simple and easier to use. I really need to convert a lot of my favorite songs to MP3so that I can bring them with me anywhere I go since I may be going overseas later on... Thanks so much for your help! I really appreciate it!!