Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: what's your plan for summer?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    If you do come to Toronto, come during the summer time. We really do get nice weather during the summer. Our winters are probably similar to New York and Buffalo. So its a stereotype that Toronto is really cold. Toronto's big so don't worry about one intersection Pittsburgh? My US geography sucks. All i know is Pittsburgh Penguins won the Stanley Cup. RYY and Lunar live in north cali?

Also my friends confirm to me that Toronto has the most asian stuff out of all the cities in north america. He went to Vancouver and also lived in California (somewhere) and even he admits that Toronto is more asianized. We have like so many asian restaurants, plazas, karaoke, malls, etc. We even have the biggest asian mall in north america called Pacific Mall. It's even bigger than some of the asian malls in Hong Kong. So Toronto is definitely worth a visit
    Of course if I ever did come to Toronto, I would definately come during the summer. I get lazy to travel during the winter since it is soooo cold...Well, you are close to NY so the weather is similar to the weather in NY. I live in Pittsburg which is in California, NOT Pittsburgh which is in Pennsylvania. Yea, RYY and Lunar live in Northern Cal. Lunar is currently attending the same university that I went to back then...

I heard that Toronto has a big mall. The area that I live is really asianized too. I heard about the Pacific Mall and would love to visit one day. But that will not be for a long time. I wish that I had family there so that I can have a good reason to go there... I know that Toronto is an interesting city to visit and would love to visit one day....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Of course if I ever did come to Toronto, I would definately come during the summer. I get lazy to travel during the winter since it is soooo cold...Well, you are close to NY so the weather is similar to the weather in NY. I live in Pittsburg which is in California, NOT Pittsburgh which is in Pennsylvania. Yea, RYY and Lunar live in Northern Cal. Lunar is currently attending the same university that I went to back then...

I heard that Toronto has a big mall. The area that I live is really asianized too. I heard about the Pacific Mall and would love to visit one day. But that will not be for a long time. I wish that I had family there so that I can have a good reason to go there... I know that Toronto is an interesting city to visit and would love to visit one day....
    There's a huge selection of tv series at pacific mall too... you can get TVBI DVD releases which you can't get online. They sell it for pretty cheap too. I think Pacific Mall is one of the big attractions of Toronto. They modelled the mall like the asian malls in Hong Kong so you have like whole rows of stores all lined up together. The stores in the mall are actually organized on "streets". Yes, they actually have street names inside a mall. It's supposedly the biggest asian mall in north america.

Pacific Mall Video

How asianized is your area? Some of our high schools have like 70% asians so the white and indians are the minority

Yeah my US geography sucks... haha
    Last edited by Ghaleon; 06-30-09 at 12:08 AM.

There's a huge selection of tv series at pacific mall too... you can get TVBI DVD releases which you can't get online. They sell it for pretty cheap too. I think Pacific Mall is one of the big attractions of Toronto. They modelled the mall like the asian malls in Hong Kong so you have like whole rows of stores all lined up together. The stores in the mall are actually organized on "streets". Yes, they actually have street names inside a mall. It's supposedly the biggest asian mall in north america.

Pacific Mall Video

How asianized is your area? Some of our high schools have like 70% asians so the white and indians are the minority

Yeah my US geography sucks... haha
    WOW, that sounds totally cool... How big is that mall??? There was a mall like that in Las Vegas. It was actually an indoor mall but they made it seem like we were actually outside. I will watch that clip sometime... Well, the high school that I went to were mostly dominated by whites and did not have a lot of asians at all. The city that I live is not asianized at all. Sadly, it is more of hispanics that dominate it. My family often goes to Oakland, SF or San Jose if we want to experience the asian side of things. SF has one of the biggest Chinatowns in the world that is outside of the orient and Oakland has another Chinatown as well. San Jose has a big asian population as well. Southern Cal does too... In my area, whites and hispanics are the majority while asians are more of the minority. The university that I went to for grad school has a BIG Chinese and Korean population because that school has mostly international students. I find it funny because a lot of them end up wanting to stay in the US after studying here for awhile.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

WOW, that sounds totally cool... How big is that mall??? There was a mall like that in Las Vegas. It was actually an indoor mall but they made it seem like we were actually outside. I will watch that clip sometime... Well, the high school that I went to were mostly dominated by whites and did not have a lot of asians at all. The city that I live is not asianized at all. Sadly, it is more of hispanics that dominate it. My family often goes to Oakland, SF or San Jose if we want to experience the asian side of things. SF has one of the biggest Chinatowns in the world that is outside of the orient and Oakland has another Chinatown as well. San Jose has a big asian population as well. Southern Cal does too... In my area, whites and hispanics are the majority while asians are more of the minority. The university that I went to for grad school has a BIG Chinese and Korean population because that school has mostly international students. I find it funny because a lot of them end up wanting to stay in the US after studying here for awhile.
    i'm not sure how big is the mall, but its definitely the biggest asian one in north america. It's even bigger than the asian malls in Hong Kong. The unique thing about it is how the mall is structured. IT's modelled in the same style as malls in HK. So it kinda feels like you're in asia when you step inside.

We hardly have any hispanics here... Our chinatown is pretty big but probably not as big as SF's. Our chinatown is probably few blocks long and it has one asian mall. But the suburbs is where asians mostly go to. There's more restaursnts, plazas and asian stores in the suburb area than in downtown. But our chinatown is pretty decent in size. It's pretty dirty though that's why i hardly go. How big is the one in San Francisco?? Lot of asian stores? You live in the suburbs right?

So you must've had lot of korean and chinese friends from school. Are they fobby or americanized?

It looks like my summer will be spent feuding with an old brother of mine.

The community we share might not survive it; this house will be divided.

i'm not sure how big is the mall, but its definitely the biggest asian one in north america. It's even bigger than the asian malls in Hong Kong. The unique thing about it is how the mall is structured. IT's modelled in the same style as malls in HK. So it kinda feels like you're in asia when you step inside.

We hardly have any hispanics here... Our chinatown is pretty big but probably not as big as SF's. Our chinatown is probably few blocks long and it has one asian mall. But the suburbs is where asians mostly go to. There's more restaursnts, plazas and asian stores in the suburb area than in downtown. But our chinatown is pretty decent in size. It's pretty dirty though that's why i hardly go. How big is the one in San Francisco?? Lot of asian stores? You live in the suburbs right?

So you must've had lot of korean and chinese friends from school. Are they fobby or americanized?
    SInce you said the mall is big, I bet it is really big... I hope that i can visit one day. Well, HK is small in size so I think a lot of their malls and all can't be that big. We have an asian mall in southern cal and in San Jose but they are not that big.

You are lucky to not have a lot of hispanics because they can cause a lot of trouble. One of them just stole one of our cars, but luckily we got it back. I live in the hills/suburbs and it is really boring. SF's Chinatown is really big and has a lot of stores, restaurants,etc... but it is really dirty as well. I am not sure how big, but I feel like I have gone back to HK or some oriental country when I go.I go to Oakland Chinatown a lot since my mom shops there every month. It is not as big as the SF one though.

Actually, I don't have that many Korean and Chinese friends from school. A lot of them are fobs and were more of my students, not my friends.Most of them were international students so of course they are fobs and were not americanized at all. The only friends that I met from school are my Korean friend that I mentioned to you(the one that I went to the wedding with that I will show you), that one Taiwanese guy and that one Chinese girl(I showed you their pix before). That is pretty much it. The rest of them are more of just acquaintances at best. It is hard for me to be close friends because the other person has to care a lot about being my friend and I have to care as well or else nothing will come out of it. You know what I mean??

SInce you said the mall is big, I bet it is really big... I hope that i can visit one day. Well, HK is small in size so I think a lot of their malls and all can't be that big. We have an asian mall in southern cal and in San Jose but they are not that big.
    Well the mall isn't as big as normal north american malls. But its the biggest compared to other asian malls and plazas.

You are lucky to not have a lot of hispanics because they can cause a lot of trouble. One of them just stole one of our cars, but luckily we got it back. I live in the hills/suburbs and it is really boring. SF's Chinatown is really big and has a lot of stores, restaurants,etc... but it is really dirty as well. I am not sure how big, but I feel like I have gone back to HK or some oriental country when I go.I go to Oakland Chinatown a lot since my mom shops there every month. It is not as big as the SF one though.
    So the Hispanics are kind of gangsta? Do you guys have any asian theatres? We used to have one downtown but it got shut down. They used to show lot of wuxia movies there back in the 90's. I remember watching HSDS the movie with Jet Li there when it first came out. We also have a Koreatown in downtown quite close to Chinatown with korean restaurants and shops. It's nowhere big as Chinatown though. Don't you guys have a "Little Tokyo"? Like a Japantown? Toronto also has a pretty big Vietnamese population so we got some Vietnamese restaurants and stores.

Actually, I don't have that many Korean and Chinese friends from school. A lot of them are fobs and were more of my students, not my friends.Most of them were international students so of course they are fobs and were not americanized at all. The only friends that I met from school are my Korean friend that I mentioned to you(the one that I went to the wedding with that I will show you), that one Taiwanese guy and that one Chinese girl(I showed you their pix before). That is pretty much it. The rest of them are more of just acquaintances at best. It is hard for me to be close friends because the other person has to care a lot about being my friend and I have to care as well or else nothing will come out of it. You know what I mean??
    Yeah i remember the Taiwanese guy you showed me. He was the one who liked you right but has a gf now? I remember you told me that you thought your chinese girl friend was pretty. So how come you didn't make friends with more international students? Was it because they were too fobby? Yeah most of my friends are chinese but i have some vietnamese, taiwanese and korean friends. In university most of my classmates were HK and mainland chinese. Actually there were only 5 girls in my class out of 120 guys After first year ended, all the girls were taken because there was so much competition between the guys haha.

Well the mall isn't as big as normal north american malls. But its the biggest compared to other asian malls and plazas.

So the Hispanics are kind of gangsta? Do you guys have any asian theatres? We used to have one downtown but it got shut down. They used to show lot of wuxia movies there back in the 90's. I remember watching HSDS the movie with Jet Li there when it first came out. We also have a Koreatown in downtown quite close to Chinatown with korean restaurants and shops. It's nowhere big as Chinatown though. Don't you guys have a "Little Tokyo"? Like a Japantown? Toronto also has a pretty big Vietnamese population so we got some Vietnamese restaurants and stores.

Yeah i remember the Taiwanese guy you showed me. He was the one who liked you right but has a gf now? I remember you told me that you thought your chinese girl friend was pretty. So how come you didn't make friends with more international students? Was it because they were too fobby? Yeah most of my friends are chinese but i have some vietnamese, taiwanese and korean friends. In university most of my classmates were HK and mainland chinese. Actually there were only 5 girls in my class out of 120 guys After first year ended, all the girls were taken because there was so much competition between the guys haha.
    Oh ok, so the mall is not as big as the typical american mall. I have only been to the Vietnamese mall in Orange County and the one in San Jose which was not that big at all.

Yea, Hispanics are kind of like gangsta so a lot of people don't like to live in areas where there is a lot of them around. Sadly, in our neighborhood, there are a lot of them. But I think they are ok for the most part. I think we have an asian theatre in SF's Chinatown but I have never been to it. I have walked past it though. Speaking of Japantown, my friend and I just went there last Friday and gosh was it disappointing. It was really small and was more like a plaza rather than a town. I heard the Korean town was also really small. Yea, there is a big Vietnamese community in Southern Cal that they call "Little Saigon". Have you heard of that?? I have been there and it is ok but nothing special.

Yea, I have not talked to that Taiwanese guy for a long time. I am not even sure if he is still with that girl or not. It is not my business anyways. I never ask people about that kind of stuff. If people want to tell me, they can but I never ask... I actually did not say that my Chinese friend is pretty... I said that she thought of herself as being pretty and that some people thought that she was pretty. However, I never thought so... Some of my friends think that I look better. Well, most of the other international students were too stuck up and we did not have that many in our classes. There were these 2 other girls(one from China and one from taiwan) that were really annoying people that I could not stand. My friends and I did not like them either and would often talk about them behind their back since we could not stand them. The other international students were all my students and were quite a bit younger than me, so it was kind of awkward being "friends" with them if you know what I mean...Some of them flirted with me though. That was really awkward for me as well.One guy even looked closely at me everyday and gave me a compliment... Gosh, that was really strange. In my program, there were a lot of really really old people and most of us were female. There were not that many guys to go around...One older man even tried to ask me out and it freaked me out!! The only young guys were my Taiwanese friend and this one other filipino guy and that was it..Most of my friends are Vietnamese-American or Chinese, but I have some Korean friends too. Some of my friends are also white too, but not many. My closest friends are all Asian though.

Like I have said, it is hard for me to be close friends with someone because they have to care enough about wanting to be my friend and I have to care as well. It is hard for me to be close friends with a guy though, so all or most of my friends are all girls. Generally, if a guy likes me and wants to be my friend, it usually means that he likes me more than that... I asked my one and only guy friend(He is like my little brother) and he said that if my Taiwanese friend did not "like" me in that way, then he would not have even bothered being my friend or opening up to me at all since he was only in the US for a very short time...
    Last edited by Trinie; 06-30-09 at 11:39 PM.

Speaking of Japantown, my friend and I just went there last Friday and gosh was it disappointing. It was really small and was more like a plaza rather than a town. I heard the Korean town was also really small. Yea, there is a big Vietnamese community in Southern Cal that they call "Little Saigon". Have you heard of that?? I have been there and it is ok but nothing special.
    I think i heard of it. The name sounds familiar. So they have like pho restaurants and Vietnamese stores there? We got a pretty decently sized Vietnamese population in Toronto and Hamilton. We also have a Vietnamese Buddhist temple in my area (TC drives there too).

Yea, I have not talked to that Taiwanese guy for a long time. I am not even sure if he is still with that girl or not. It is not my business anyways. I never ask people about that kind of stuff. If people want to tell me, they can but I never ask... I actually did not say that my Chinese friend is pretty... I said that she thought of herself as being pretty and that some people thought that she was pretty. However, I never thought so... Some of my friends think that I look better.
    I can't remember what you said but you said something like you had a crush on the Taiwanese guy but he had a gf or something? Can't remember exactly it's been a while. Your chinese friend looks okay. She's not pretty but not ugly kind of thing. You look more cuter than your friend

The other international students were all my students and were quite a bit younger than me, so it was kind of awkward being "friends" with them if you know what I mean...Some of them flirted with me though. That was really awkward for me as well.One guy even looked closely at me everyday and gave me a compliment... Gosh, that was really strange.
    They were your students? Oh is it because you were in master's and you did teaching? Why was it strange? Did it make you feel uncomfortable? I guess flirting in classrooms is strange but did it actually take place inside or outside class?

In my program, there were a lot of really really old people and most of us were female. There were not that many guys to go around...One older man even tried to ask me out and it freaked me out!!
    Yeah I remember you told me about that. Some 40 or 50 year old guy was going after you or something along those lines.

The only young guys were my Taiwanese friend and this one other filipino guy and that was it..Most of my friends are Vietnamese-American or Chinese, but I have some Korean friends too. Some of my friends are also white too, but not many. My closest friends are all Asian though.
    Yeah same here. Most of my friends are asians. I don't have too many fob friends as most of them are americanized. My class in university was like 70% asian. Do you speak chinese or vietnamese to your friends or mostly english?

It is hard for me to be close friends with a guy though, so all or most of my friends are all girls. Generally, if a guy likes me and wants to be my friend, it usually means that he likes me more than that... I asked my one and only guy friend(He is like my little brother) and he said that if my Taiwanese friend did not "like" me in that way, then he would not have even bothered being my friend or opening up to me at all since he was only in the US for a very short time...
    Hard to be close friends with a guy because "guys are from mars and girls are from venus" (i.e. differences in gender)? I think most people are like you, that their friends are mostly of the same gender. I'm a little bit different. I have female friends that I chill with. Sometimes having friends of the opposite gender also helps you to understand the opposite gender more. That's what i find. Sometimes i prefer hanging around with girls more than guys. I think i like talking to girls more than guys because girls tend to be more open and expressive about certain things.

I would say that your guy friend likes you because generally guys make friends with girls with other intentions especially if they don't know the girl too well or that they only know the girl for only a short period of time. So also liked him right?
    Last edited by Ghaleon; 07-01-09 at 01:22 AM.

Also my friends confirm to me that Toronto has the most asian stuff out of all the cities in north america. He went to Vancouver and also lived in California (somewhere) and even he admits that Toronto is more asianized. We have like so many asian restaurants, plazas, karaoke, malls, etc. We even have the biggest asian mall in north america called Pacific Mall. It's even bigger than some of the asian malls in Hong Kong. So Toronto is definitely worth a visit
    you make me want to go to Toronto now..
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by kay &!* View Post
    you make me want to go to Toronto now..
    come. all the chicks are waiting for u

come. all the chicks are waiting for u
    HAHA i wish!! i just talked to my cousin like an hour ago. she asked me to go up there some time this month but i can't.. i have work and i have a mini roadtrip coming up in 2 weeks and then australia right after. maybe next year x_x'
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by kay &!* View Post
    HAHA i wish!! i just talked to my cousin like an hour ago. she asked me to go up there some time this month but i can't.. i have work and i have a mini roadtrip coming up in 2 weeks and then australia right after. maybe next year x_x'
    alright have fun in down under. watch out for the kangeroos. U could meet up with Candide

alright have fun in down under. watch out for the kangeroos. U could meet up with Candide
    i thought candide lives in texas. wtf.

yess kangaroo meat <3

I would have Kay bring some "gifts" to Candide for me, but it is unlikely that these gifts would clear customs...

I think i heard of it. The name sounds familiar. So they have like pho restaurants and Vietnamese stores there? We got a pretty decently sized Vietnamese population in Toronto and Hamilton. We also have a Vietnamese Buddhist temple in my area (TC drives there too).

I can't remember what you said but you said something like you had a crush on the Taiwanese guy but he had a gf or something? Can't remember exactly it's been a while. Your chinese friend looks okay. She's not pretty but not ugly kind of thing. You look more cuter than your friend

They were your students? Oh is it because you were in master's and you did teaching? Why was it strange? Did it make you feel uncomfortable? I guess flirting in classrooms is strange but did it actually take place inside or outside class?

Yeah I remember you told me about that. Some 40 or 50 year old guy was going after you or something along those lines.

Yeah same here. Most of my friends are asians. I don't have too many fob friends as most of them are americanized. My class in university was like 70% asian. Do you speak chinese or vietnamese to your friends or mostly english?

Hard to be close friends with a guy because "guys are from mars and girls are from venus" (i.e. differences in gender)? I think most people are like you, that their friends are mostly of the same gender. I'm a little bit different. I have female friends that I chill with. Sometimes having friends of the opposite gender also helps you to understand the opposite gender more. That's what i find. Sometimes i prefer hanging around with girls more than guys. I think i like talking to girls more than guys because girls tend to be more open and expressive about certain things.

I would say that your guy friend likes you because generally guys make friends with girls with other intentions especially if they don't know the girl too well or that they only know the girl for only a short period of time. So also liked him right?
    I think you should have already heard about "Little Saigon" since it is pretty famous. Yea, they have a lot of restaurants and stores there that have a lot more than just pho. I wonder why pho is so popular among foreigners?? There is more to Vietnamese food than pho...Hey, I bet you have ran into TC many times without even realizing it. I know there is a big Vietnamese population in Toronto because a lot of the famous Vietnamese concerts are held in Toronto from time to time.

Yea, I did have a crush on him but then he has a girlfriend. We also belong to 2 different worlds so I had to accept that. My friends all tell me that I can do better since they think I look better than he does and have a better personality too.. I don't want to be a 3rd party since I really despise 3rd parties. I also did not want him to be Chen Shi Mei. Thanks for your compliment! THat's what my friend told me too... He said that out of all of the asian girls in my class at that time, he said that I looked the best and probably have the best personality..

I had to TA and did do some tutoring and teaching and most of the students were Chinese. I guess I look young for my age so a lot of the guys would flirt with me. It was done in the classroom. I was a little bit uncomfortable but have to deal with it since I have to really teach one day....However, that is nothing to me since if I want to go abroad, I will have to deal with a lot worse stuff.

I just heard from my Korean friend that that old guy is going to China to teach now. I bet he will go after some Chinese girls... I don't know why I seem to attract old people so much?? My mom freaked out when she found out that an old guy was trying to follow me...

I speak mostly English to my friends of course. Honestly, the only person that I spoke Chinese to was that Taiwanese guy and that was it. Most of my friends are americanized. IF they are not, then I cannot be friends with them since I can't stand fobs, especially Vietnamese fobs... My classes in college were always mixed. The only classes that had mostly asians in them were my Chinese classes.

I have never restricted myself from being friends with guys at all. However, it just happens for me that way. IF a guy did not like me in that way, then they would not even bother at all(unless they were already married or something like that). Hey, maybe I have a personality that really grabs?? I totally agree that if you are friends with the opposite gender you will get to understand the other gender more. I already have 7 brothers, but I guess brothers are different than just any typical guy. It is true that girls are more open and expressive in general, but they also gossip and all more than guys do too. There are good and bad...

I think what you are saying is right. I think he was attracted to me at first sight. I remember how he looked at me when he first saw me. He even remembered the first time we ever saw each other but I forgot... After that, he always observed me and everything I did for like a whole term before he finally approached me to talk to me. Then he started to talk to my female friends too. Prior to that, he never talked to any females at all or anyone for the most part.I am more extroverted while he is more introverted...I liked him a lot too but have to let go since he already has someone and we belong to 2 different worlds.

Ok, if I ever come to Toronto, lets avoid that intersection... Maybe you did run into him without knowing it... I don't really know anyone living in this area. Oh yea, except for Ren YIng Ying and Lunar. I live in pittsburg which is up in the hills. I honestly don't know which city has the most SPCNETers.
    Trinnie, get a life.
    First, how comes my name keep showing up while I wasn't even in the conversation? Secondly, I live in a small crescent about 1 km away from that intersection so highly unlikely that you will ever pass by my house/car. Third, I am driving a lot so avoiding that intersection doesn't mean anything. Fourth, I am not a criminal and have never hurt anyone so you have nothing to afraid of.

Trinnie, if you are really afraid, then you should avoid toronto and niagara falls because that is where I might be.

I wish I live in Toronto. Pacific Mall looks nice. Is Little Saigon in Westminster or Santa Ana? If you guys come to socal, we should meet up at Magic Mountain. I haven't been there in ages. We can meet and ride rollercoasters at the same time. Should be fun.

I think you should have already heard about "Little Saigon" since it is pretty famous. Yea, they have a lot of restaurants and stores there that have a lot more than just pho. I wonder why pho is so popular among foreigners?? There is more to Vietnamese food than pho...Hey, I bet you have ran into TC many times without even realizing it. I know there is a big Vietnamese population in Toronto because a lot of the famous Vietnamese concerts are held in Toronto from time to time.
    It's just that lot of the Vietnamese restaurants in Toronto serve pho and that's what most people tend to get... I usually alternate between pho and vermicelli dishes. Sometimes i get the rish dishes. There's also some pho restaurants that open up really late where people go to after their night of partying.

Yea, I did have a crush on him but then he has a girlfriend. We also belong to 2 different worlds so I had to accept that. My friends all tell me that I can do better since they think I look better than he does and have a better personality too.. I don't want to be a 3rd party since I really despise 3rd parties. I also did not want him to be Chen Shi Mei. Thanks for your compliment! THat's what my friend told me too... He said that out of all of the asian girls in my class at that time, he said that I looked the best and probably have the best personality..
    What's Chen Shi Mei? Did he get a girlfriend after he went back to Taiwan or even during the time when he was in california? I don't encourage love triangle relationships, they tend to be messy.

I had to TA and did do some tutoring and teaching and most of the students were Chinese. I guess I look young for my age so a lot of the guys would flirt with me. It was done in the classroom. I was a little bit uncomfortable but have to deal with it since I have to really teach one day....However, that is nothing to me since if I want to go abroad, I will have to deal with a lot worse stuff.
    Like how bad was the flirting? What kind of stuff did they say? It's hard to deal with that type of environment because its almost like a Yang Guo - Little Dragon Girl student-teacher type of thing going on.

I speak mostly English to my friends of course. Honestly, the only person that I spoke Chinese to was that Taiwanese guy and that was it. Most of my friends are americanized. IF they are not, then I cannot be friends with them since I can't stand fobs, especially Vietnamese fobs... My classes in college were always mixed. The only classes that had mostly asians in them were my Chinese classes.
    Why are Vietnamese fobs hard to deal with? Is it because they can't speak english too well? Or is it something to do with the culture? The Vietnamese people I know are sort of gangsta like the Hispanics you mentioned. So i'm used to seeing Vietnamese guys as tough guys.

I have never restricted myself from being friends with guys at all. However, it just happens for me that way. IF a guy did not like me in that way, then they would not even bother at all(unless they were already married or something like that). Hey, maybe I have a personality that really grabs?? I totally agree that if you are friends with the opposite gender you will get to understand the other gender more. I already have 7 brothers, but I guess brothers are different than just any typical guy. It is true that girls are more open and expressive in general, but they also gossip and all more than guys do too. There are good and bad...
    I think i'm the opposite. I have almost equal amounts of guy and girl friends. It's kinda fun having that type of crowd because you get to see different perspectives from a guy's point of view and a girl's point of view. When i'm with my guy friends we try to act cool and we (most of the time) talk about girls and stuff. When i'm with my girl friends we talk about almost everything from relationships to movies. You're right, girls tend to gossip more. Girls also tend to get into fights with other girls either due to jealousy or the fact that girls are more jumpier and more emotional. They are more sensitive to things than guys are. And they also like talking on the phone a lot. I find that guys tend to be more laid-back about things which is the way i am i guess.

I think what you are saying is right. I think he was attracted to me at first sight. I remember how he looked at me when he first saw me. He even remembered the first time we ever saw each other but I forgot... After that, he always observed me and everything I did for like a whole term before he finally approached me to talk to me. Then he started to talk to my female friends too. Prior to that, he never talked to any females at all or anyone for the most part.I am more extroverted while he is more introverted...I liked him a lot too but have to let go since he already has someone and we belong to 2 different worlds.
    So he's kind of like the shy type? You are into the quiet shy type of guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Trinnie, get a life.
    First, how comes my name keep showing up while I wasn't even in the conversation? Secondly, I live in a small crescent about 1 km away from that intersection so highly unlikely that you will ever pass by my house/car. Third, I am driving a lot so avoiding that intersection doesn't mean anything. Fourth, I am not a criminal and have never hurt anyone so you have nothing to afraid of.

Trinnie, if you are really afraid, then you should avoid toronto and niagara falls because that is where I might be.
    Gosh, you really need to get a life!! I don't want to mention you but you just happen to pop up because Ghaleon happened to talk about Toronto and sadly, you happen to live there too... I also don't know if I will ever come to Toronto or not anyways... If I did, you don't know me or how I look and we all don't know how you look either. Therefore, we don't really need to worry at all do we???