Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Do you think there is life after death? And if so, can we prove it?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    For example of an incident? What kind of change are you expecting? If it's against the faith, obviously not.
    Like what - are you serious? Flat Earth, rotation of Earth, evolution.

You called me out on that statement, and now you are explaining why its static. Of course it's because of faith that the church is static. Do I need to be more explicit?
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

So, how much do you trust history? Or, do you take History lessons?

As far as I know, some "history" in the bible, applies itself in current life.

For instance, the lesson of Abram and Lot - the moral of the story is, if you do not obey and stray to do something of your wish, due to greed, you get screwed. Simple as that. Every line in that bible, has a story to tell, which is a walk you HAVE to go through to reflect on the moral of the stories.

Just like when one chooses greed and refuses to obey what is moral, they get screwed.

Which is why, I'm simply saying, you have a choice to choose to believe and go through it - be a Christian. If it doesn't make sense to you still, you can always take a step back and say "No", rather than having another person wasting their time to give explanations and all.

So, are you implying that all Christians are some sort of Schizophrenics or what? There were many senior Christians than I am, who had written long long list of explanation (til they gave) in the past posts, if you hadn't read those and wants me to post again, a backup....sorry, I'm too lazy to do so. You believe or not, is beyond me. I'm just a junior Christian who is willing to walk this path of faith.

Be reminded, Devil will always know his game. Science can perform wonders too, when devil comes into the picture.

Sure, I forgot the availability of ONLINE BIBLE! Becareful if that pastor wears a designer suit!

I don't quite understand oozie slang of english. If I really spent time reading through everything and do researaches to back up, I'd need to take a few days of leave and sacrifice my sleep, which I wont! So, yes, I'm glad someone understands and reply from my perspective.

I don't have the darn time to quote every line from the bible (instead of Google) to show an example for a backup honestly. At least it appears to me, that I'll have to do that since you have so much of queries.

P/s: Tell me so if you would love to read me replying to you personally! I'd do it just for you provided time permits!!!
    Do you read my posts and relate it to what you were posting?

Blindly - Your definition of blindly, where do you draw the line, where's the line between blind faith vs. non-blind faith. Has nothing to do with moral issues written by the bible. Three pigs and the big bad wolf also has an excellent moral story, don't make it more or less true.

Yeah great you choose to isolate one line and ignore the context it was in.

Next paragraph you changed one about anecdotal evidence, personal experiences of reality into one where Christians = schizophrenics.

How convenient. What does the bible say about lying. You missed my post apparently, not too late to reply to that one.

Nobody is forcing you to reply. I don't have to worry about the sin of all sins tripping me up. You made a call and entered a debate. I questioned you call, you spent the next few threads dancing around the issue and bring other things into the debate.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

It's based on faith. It's very simple. I don't know why you guys are making it so complicated. You either have faith in it or you don't. Plus what does science have to do with religious tradition? They're like two separate things. One can have both a religious and scientific viewpoint of the world. I know lot of Christians who are scientists and engineers.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Bodhisattva is someone who has reach the level where they can escape the cycle, but, the choose to stay back to help others.
    Yes, they choose to forgo final liberation (Nirvana) in order to help liberate others.

Tibetans believe that their Dalai Lama is the incarnation of the Bodhisattva of Compassion.
    Last edited by Ghaleon; 06-25-09 at 12:25 PM.

Guys, how about we get back to reincarnation?
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Guys, how about we get back to reincarnation?
    Okay. I had boobs in my previous life

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    Okay. I had boobs in my previous life
    We know that already.

So how do you think that affects your present life?
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 06-25-09 at 10:21 PM.

We know that already.

How do you think that affects your present life?
    ... that i'm trying to fill in the missing "pieces" in my life

... that i'm trying to fill in the missing "pieces" in my life
    ... Meaning... you don't love women? Or do you feel weird without having boobs?

... Meaning... you don't love women? Or do you feel weird without having boobs?
    ... get the missing pieces in my life? Going back to religion again, the Bible says that God created Eve from Adam's ribs. Adam wants his ribs back right?

It might me too late to provide these since Sourplum has already given his/her speech (how does it go?), but, still a good info.

Past life memories record
    http://healing.about.com/od/pastlife..._Past_Life.htm
    http://www.open-sesame.com/memorybank.html

Spirit Attachment and Health
    http://www.spiritrelease.com/review_spiritrelease.htm

The second one is particular interesting because I didn't know that medical personals in the west also believe in spirit attachment. I thought only religious organisation do 'spirit release'.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

I'm back and randomly picked those I can afford to revert in shortest time. But I'm not expecting any, uh, understanding

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    Next paragraph you changed one about anecdotal evidence, personal experiences of reality into one where Christians = schizophrenics.
    WTH is this "anecdotal evidence" you're talking about? With Christians = schizophrenics, I'm asking a question. Now you're having me thinking if you have been comprehening/approaching my question correctly.

How convenient. What does the bible say about lying. You missed my post apparently, not too late to reply to that one.
    What do you mean with that? Lying on what? If it's your failure in interpretation, it's not my problem.

Why don't you list them down in simple lines, your questions on the faith (aka Christianity) exactly, clear-cut, and simple without your ozzie style of english? I'll see if I can address them.

No, I'm going back to reply so as to give you a better picture since your picture of the religion is hopelessly broken like jigsaw. My apologies if I had a part in confusing you in the process. (or my missed punctuation, plus not reading back probably made you misinterpretated me because I was looking out for my boss. )

Don't worry about sins. I'm sure you'll be forgiven for you're still tender and naive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon
    It's based on faith. It's very simple.
    I'm not sure what designs Yittz wants though. FOr me, I understand faith isn't arts. O-O
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 06-26-09 at 04:45 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

... get the missing pieces in my life? Going back to religion again, the Bible says that God created Eve from Adam's ribs. Adam wants his ribs back right?
    Then there will be no women. O_O

Or maybe it grew back already, just like a liver would.

The books in the Bible are believed to be divinely inspired. They were written by prophets. What are prophets? They are the channel to God. Some even had the power of the Holy Spirit (called the Gift of Prophecy). Moses could call upon God to divide the Red Sea. Elijah could call upon God to send flarestorms down to earth. So these "superheroes" of God were some of the people responsible for writing the books in the Bible.

Of course you may not believe in the prophets and their miracles. That's all due to faith. Your either have the faith or you don't. Simple as that. Most (if not all) Christians believe in the Bible and believe it to be divinely inspired.
    Yeah, the Bible was written by the prophets and there may be a lot of truths in it. But, I don't think it has the whole truth because during some time in history, a small group of people where given the task to compile the Bible and a lot of text didn't get to make the final cut.

This is an organisation that test reincarnation is a scientific way.

http://www.reincarnationexperiment.org/

Scientific Evidence for Death as the Beginning of a New Stage of Life (A scientist studying life after death)

http://blogcritics.org/culture/artic...-evidence-for/

It's based on faith. It's very simple. I don't know why you guys are making it so complicated. You either have faith in it or you don't. Plus what does science have to do with religious tradition? They're like two separate things. One can have both a religious and scientific viewpoint of the world. I know lot of Christians who are scientists and engineers.
    I disagree. The purpose of science to search for truth through logic, theory and experiment. If there's only one truth and religion claim to know it, don't see why religion and science should be seperate. The perfect scenerio is when religion and science can agree with each other, and there are scientists out there who are trying to achieve this, like that Dr. Gerald Schroeder in the above article.
    Last edited by kidd; 06-26-09 at 04:07 AM.

Then there will be no women. O_O

Or maybe it grew back already, just like a liver would.
    Some people use that to explain physical and romantic love. That Adam wants his ribs back

Yeah, the Bible was written by the prophets and there may be a lot of truths in it. But, I don't think it has the whole truth because during some time in history, a small group of people where given the task to compile the Bible and a lot of text didn't get to make the final cut.
    Yeah, that's one sticky area regarding the Bible. The fact that people in the past debated and argued which books should be canon and which should be not. Were the decisions regarding canonization divinely inspired?

Lot of Christians tackle this issue by looking at the dates of the books in the Bible. The earliest known Christian writings were Paul's letters found in the Bible. The second earliest known Christian writings were the 4 Gospels found in the Bible. So Christians put faith in the Bible because Paul's letters and the Gospels were the earliest Christian manuscripts. They believe that the other Christian writings (not found in the Bible) are not authentic because they date centuries after the death of Christ (such as the Gnostic Gospels).

I disagree. The purpose of science to search for truth through logic, theory and experiment. If there's only one truth and religion claim to know it, don't see why religion and science should be seperate. The perfect scenerio is when religion and science can agree with each other, and there are scientists out there who are trying to achieve this, like that Dr. Gerald Schroeder in the above article.
    There's a reason why religion is separate from science. Science deals with the physical world while religion deals with spiritual matters. They may overlap, yes. But they also parts that do not overlap.

The idea that Jesus Christ died for the sins of humanity is not a scientific idea but a spiritual/religious one. Make sense?

There's a reason why religion is separate from science. Science deals with the physical world while religion deals with spiritual matters. They may overlap, yes. But they also parts that do not overlap.
    That's taking the easy way out. Religion and science are seperate. So, lets not talk about it, lets not question it.

The idea that Jesus Christ died for the sins of humanity is not a scientific idea but a spiritual/religious one. Make sense?
    No, it doesn't. If it's the truth, one will be able to prove it sooner or later. Maybe not now, but, later (if it's the truth).

It's like the case of 'wave–particle duality' in quantum physics. Both theories yield positive results in experiments and many present technologies benefited from these theories. But phycists are still trying to find a theory that can explain both phenomena (anyone can update me whether they have found it or not?).

Yes, it works well to seperate religion and science for now since human couldn't find a common ground yet, but, the best scenerio is still when religion/spirituality can agree with science and vice versa.

I think I see what you mean in here.

It made sense to me when I take it this way: It's like our parents who died for us, simply because they love us. Would you not do them the wish, that is, to obey what was ask of them?

Before I became a believer, I told myself that, to find out more answers to my questions I can only do it during my walk in this religion because I know there are answer that I won't know until I go through it and understand them through my experiences.

In the bible, it is also mentioned that we should stick to livestock for food. Anything beyond that, like civet cats.....diseaster strikes!
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

It made sense to me when I take it this way: It's like our parents who died for us, simply because they love us. Would you not do them the wish, that is, to obey what was ask of them?
    That's not the point of Ghaleon, I think. He was explaining the difference between spiritual and science to me and why it should be seperated. He used 'Jesus died for our sins' as an example of spiritual idea, not whether the idea that 'Jesus died for our sins' made sense or not.

In the bible, it is also mentioned that we should stick to livestock for food.
    Did the bible specify what animals are livestock?