Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Mysteries of Love 《談情說案》

I finished watching this series a while ago. I didn't really see the appeal of a guy like Kingsley...'cept maybe it might be prestigious to date and subsequently marry into his family. Frankly, he was so boOOOringggg...but his outfits were hot though hahaha. I don't understand his Auntie Anastasia, it seemed like she was not quite middle aged but certainly not young..so how come she wore so many miniskirts and little girl outfits? Her sense of fashion and hairstyle really weren't flattering at all.

I loved Tavia's character though. I loved everything about Sai Lei Mui and could completely understand her reluctance to take him back. When she fell in love it was so sweet. When she cried...well I cried too. I just couldn't help myself. I wouldn't have done the same, Kingsley had no backbone and I would never forgive those who disgraced and looked down upon my family over and over again. Sometimes an apology just doesn't cut. Okay, I'm stubborn and proud, and I can see how Sai Lei Mui is not like me so she chose another opportunity at love.

The last scene with the buses and crap was just cheesy and over the top. I was like seriously...SERIOUSLY?? Peer pressure never worked on me.

I like the Kenneth and Bernice couple. Bernice looked sOOO PRETTY!!! AND dang that one scene where she shouted "ADRIAN!" ...it truly frightened me. Kenneth's friends are such pricks...but I'd say they're fairly realistic hahaha
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    I finished watching this series a while ago. I didn't really see the appeal of a guy like Kingsley...'cept maybe it might be prestigious to date and subsequently marry into his family. Frankly, he was so boOOOringggg...but his outfits were hot though hahaha. I don't understand his Auntie Anastasia, it seemed like she was not quite middle aged but certainly not young..so how come she wore so many miniskirts and little girl outfits? Her sense of fashion and hairstyle really weren't flattering at all.
    I wonder why Auntie Anastasia never get married. Too choosy?

The last scene with the buses and crap was just cheesy and over the top. I was like seriously...SERIOUSLY?? Peer pressure never worked on me.
    Yeah, how come all the professors come a long? It's way too over the top. Did none of them listening to his off topic speech thought 'Come one. You are not the only one with relationships problem. Get back on topic please!'

Peer pressure never worked on me.
    Well it works on Sai Lei Mui because she wanted Kingsley herself. Her heart already melted with she listen to Kingsley's speech.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

They mentioned Anastasia's husband in passing just one time IIRC. He was some sort of business man who couldn't get out of his duties to support her charity cause. She didn't seem very disappointed he couldn't make it hahaha.
    I like me.

Am I the only one who doesn't think Bernice is as "sexy" as TVB often portrays her to be? She's just average to me; cute at best. And Kenneth is neither attractive or charming enough to be a womanizer.

Anyway, as a FungYi fan, I was really excited for this production, but was rather let down by their characters in this movie. Both were so weak, passive and boring. I hated how defenseless Tavia looked just standing there with her head down while Raymond's family talked down on her and her family on numerous occasions. I also hated how Raymond wasn't man enough to stand up for his girlfriend. How any girl would find this type of guy attractive is mind boggling.

And the way Tavia reacted when Raymond broke up with her just made me want to slap her! She reacted as if the world had ended or something; sobbing and begging him the way she did. Have some pride and dignity!

I would have had more respect for her if she hadn't given in at the end and stood by her decision to not be with him. I mean, what happens if his family decides to reject her again? He's just going to choose his family and dump her again.

Pretty entertaining show, didn't expect much from it to begin with though.

Most likeable case was definitely the last one of for me.

Cases are pretty easy, I agree on that. It suffers from the same problem as most detective shows. Either the cases only have 1 culprit meaning or the REAL culprits are always played by the more well known extra's. It's not like TVB will give the juicier role to someone really new anyway, so basically when you have suspects A till F and suspect is the relatively more famous actor among them then bam, you know the culprit is that guy 9 out of 10 times.

The ending felt a bit rushed to with Kingsley's family accepting Tavia. Raymond's ending speech wasn't that spectacular either and all the characters were somehow so in awe because of it.

One thing I didnt like was how Raymond's character was called Kings King?