Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Numerology

什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Anyone who is interested about the numbers of their name can use this calculator.

http://www.paulsadowski.com/Numbers.asp

Numerology in birth name is easier for me to believe than name since many elements can be involved in the day you are born (moon phase, season, planet alignment etc). But a name? Can a soul influence what future his/her parents will name him/her? If you believe in reincarnation, you can say you (or some higher power) choose the date your were born in to align with your lesson/karma/etc.

But, it's still a fun thing see what they tell about you base on your name.

Btw, I know nothing about astrology eventhough I mention moon phase and planet aligment.
    Don't know why I have never been interested in astrology eventhough I find some other prediction system like numerology, I-ching and 'ba zi' interesting.
    Maybe when I have time, I will look more into astrology too see what's it's all about.
    Last edited by kidd; 06-23-09 at 01:15 AM.

Interesting article about name numerology.

http://www.goarticles.com/cgi-bin/showa.cgi?C=1336330

Excerpts
    So does Numerology work?

Many authors provide example analyses of famous people to illustrate the accuracy of Numerology. Rather than jump on this bandwagon, I will share one of my experiences.

Some years ago I worked in an office comprising about 80 people. The name of every person was analysed for fun. The results were very surprising. The managers' names all produced interpretations appropriate to their status (they would be successful, attain specific skills or attributes, etc). The vast majority of the administrative staff were of a type: long serving, and more interested in doing a job than having a career. Almost all, despite little similarity in their names, shared the same analysis - along the lines of little material gain or advancement. Sadly, the few "rising stars" (those who were working toward promotions) shared the same fate. Briefly, their destiny was either failure, or achievement of their ambitions at a high price. The outcomes were not disclosed to the individuals, and so far as I know, the latter group are still trying to get to the next rung of the ladder.

So does Numerology work? It's up to you to decide. My aim is merely to encourage you to try it for yourself.

Astrological forecasting is immensely popular, but in its generic form, it caters for 12 characters and fates. Numerology recognises 52 broad types. I find it easier to accept the possibility that our name determines whom we are more than the "month" of our birth*, that general character and destiny options are more numerous than 12, and it is within our gift to modify our fate though a change of name. (NB: Numerology also uses the date of birth to calculate character types and destinies, but that's a story for another time.)

Prudence dictates a final word of advice. Numerology is not going to give you messages of doom and gloom. It will flag-up warnings, which may allow you to slightly alter the course of your life to avoid disappointment or conflict. In the case of my "rising stars", they both have otherwise happy and full lives. The analysis simply warned that the career path was not their route to joyful achievement.

this stuff is interesting to read even though i dont believe any of it
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    What does numerology have to do with faith?
    I was just making a point in reference to another thread. Logic and reasoning based on the current available evidence suggests names, dates are not much relevant in predicting a persons life. But people are going to believe in it regardless.

I am more interested in why females tend to be more receptive of astrology, tarot cards, fortune telling, numerology, palm reading than males.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Agree.

We believe what we want to believe, rather than what we should believe.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    I was just making a point in reference to another thread. Logic and reasoning based on the current available evidence suggests names, dates are not much relevant in predicting a persons life. But people are going to believe in it regardless.
    I ask you. Have you honestly and thoroughly look up this 'available evidence' before you dismiss this system? I don't think so. I'm not defending numerology and neither have I completely accepted it. I just find the topic interesting and it's still looking and reading about it into it. But, you seem to dismiss everything 'unscientific' without even taking a serious look in it.

Note: I know you lump this together with religion belief. I was just being sarcastic when I ask you.

You know, I don't believe in the 'Jesus die for our sins' belief that Christian teach. It's simply not logical to me. But, after listening to the experience of some Christian converts (some are totally down to earth people), I can understand why they convert.

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    Agree.

We believe what we want to believe, rather than what we should believe.

Han Solo
    Agree.

And this includes the skeptics and scientific people.
    Last edited by kidd; 06-23-09 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I ask you. Have you honestly and thoroughly look up this 'available evidence' before you dismiss this system? I don't think so. I'm not defending numerology and neither have I completely accepted it. I just find the topic interesting and it's still looking and reading about it into it. But, you seem to dismiss everything 'unscientific' without even taking a serious look in it.

Note: I know you lump this together with religion belief. I was just being sarcastic when I ask you.

You know, I don't believe in the 'Jesus die for our sins' belief that Christian teach. It's simply not logical to me. But, after listening to the experience of some Christian converts (some are totally down to earth people), I can understand why they convert.
    Funny how you don't debate the use of logic.

Since I was refering to two different faith at the same time, I used evidence for short. Evidence was short for 'lack of evidence to suggest it works' in the case of numerology. It's up to the supporters to provide evidence for it. Internet anedoctes means nothing.

You asked if we believed or not, I gave a reply. I don't think there's a need to explain why this is BS. People can work it out for themselves, and there have been posts hinting why it's BS. If people can't work out that about numerology then maybe they should believe in it and get some guidance in life, preferably by reading the text to all the respective numbers since they are vague if enough to apply to all.

Not going to address the second point, because I do not percieve it relevant to this thread, I do not have a problem with seeing why religion exist.

My question to you is what should we believe in then? Ignore the best available evidence and rely on other people's guidance? People who are paid to decieve and who haven't even met you.
    Last edited by yittz; 06-24-09 at 03:52 AM.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Just for the fun of it

Albert Einstein (March 14, 1879) - 33/6
    Werner Heisenberg (5 December 1901) - 1
    Michael Faraday (22 September 1791) - 4
    Marie Curie (November 7, 1867) - 4
    Leonardo da Vinci (April 15, 1452) - 4
    Pablo Picasso (25 October 1881) - 8
    Mahatma Gandhi (October 2, 1869) - 9
    Albert Schweitzer (January 14, 1875) - 9
    Mother Teresa (August 26, 1910) - 9
    Master Cheng Yen (11 May 1937) - 9 <- founder of Buddhist Compassion Relief Tzu-Chi Foundation
    Martin Luther King, Jr. (January 15, 1929) - 1
    Barack Obama (August 4, 1961) - 2
    Michael Jackson (August 29, 1958) - 6
    Last edited by kidd; 06-25-09 at 01:55 AM.

seems like 1, 6 and 9 are the biggest winner (because i dont know who the others are lol)
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    seems like 1, 6 and 9 are the biggest winner (because i dont know who the others are lol)
    The numbers actually look pretty random to me except for number 9. It's interesting that Mahatma Gandhi, Albert Schweitzer, Mother Teresa and Master Chen Yen are all number 9. They are all involved in humanitarian issue one way or another. Mother Teresa and Mahatma Gandhi not need to explain. Master Chen Yen is the founder of a well known charity and humanitarian organisation in Taiwan. Albert Schweitzer is a doctor to went to Africa to build hospitals and stuff.

I'll rearrange the names according to numbers.

Werner Heisenberg (5 December 1901) - 1
    Martin Luther King, Jr. (January 15, 1929) - 1

Barack Obama (August 4, 1961) - 2

Michael Faraday (22 September 1791) - 4
    Marie Curie (November 7, 1867) - 4
    Leonardo da Vinci (April 15, 1452) - 4

Albert Einstein (March 14, 1879) - 33/6
    Michael Jackson (August 29, 1958) - 6

Pablo Picasso (25 October 1881) - 8
    Mahatma Gandhi (October 2, 1869) - 9
    Albert Schweitzer (January 14, 1875) - 9
    Mother Teresa (August 26, 1910) - 9
    Master Cheng Yen (11 May 1937) - 9
    Last edited by kidd; 06-25-09 at 02:17 AM.