Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Transfers

Sunderland has bought Manchester United striker Fraizer Campbell.
    "I'd call you a genius... but I'm in the room."
    -Doctor Who

Default Tevez to Manchester City

It took a while but finally is happening.
    http://www.mcfc.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Wanlie Tong View Post
    It took a while but finally is happening.
    http://www.mcfc.co.uk/
    You got ahead of me.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Middlesbrough's Stewart Downing to Aston Villa.

Bordeaux's Gabriel Obertan joins Manchester United.
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 07-15-09 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Middlesbrough's Stewart Downing to Aston Villa.

Bordeaux's Gabriel Obertan joins Manchester United.
    The Downing signing is an interesting gamble by Villa since Downing is unlikely to be fit for the start of the season.

Richard Eckersley from United to Burnley.

Zamora and his two goals from Fulham to Hull.

Maxwell to Barca. I like this signing it adresses left back which was probably the weakest spot on the team last year.

More on Tevez to City
    http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news.../Tevez-article

It seems Ibrahimovic going to Barcelona and Inter getting Etoo plus some money. It would be a good deal for Inter and Barcelona getting the striker that Guardiola wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    It seems Ibrahimovic going to Barcelona and Inter getting Etoo plus some money. It would be a good deal for Inter and Barcelona getting the striker that Guardiola wants.
    I have mixed feeligs about this, I think most Barca fans including myself would rather see the team acquire Villa.

I have mixed feeligs about this, I think most Barca fans including myself would rather see the team acquire Villa.
    I believe Barça players would like to see Villa in their team as he would blend quite well into the group. But it appears to me that Barcelona was quite interested in getting rid of E'too.

I believe Barça players would like to see Villa in their team as he would blend quite well into the group. But it appears to me that Barcelona was quite interested in getting rid of E'too.
    Supposedly when Guardiola took over the team he wanted to get rid of three players (Deco, Ronaldinho & Eto'o) whom he viewed as having a negative influence on the team. Barca couldn't find a taker for Eto'o and so he remained on the team and he responded with a very good season. But despite the club's claim that they wanted to resign him it was pretty clear that Guardiola still wasn't interested in retaining him.

Edit, I didn't notice that Xiang'er was logged in.
    -wanlie
    Last edited by Guo Xiang ( :; 07-18-09 at 12:04 PM.
    "I'd call you a genius... but I'm in the room."
    -Doctor Who

Adebayor to Manchester City.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news...igns-for-blues

Will Manchester City break into the top 4 this season? I think not.

Adebayor to Manchester City.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news...igns-for-blues

Will Manchester City break into the top 4 this season? I think not.
    I'm not sure what Hughs is doing, buying so many strikers.

Strikers alone are not going to break them into top 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang ( : View Post
    Supposedly when Guardiola took over the team he wanted to get rid of three players (Deco, Ronaldinho & Eto'o) whom he viewed as having a negative influence on the team. Barca couldn't find a taker for Eto'o and so he remained on the team and he responded with a very good season. But despite the club's claim that they wanted to resign him it was pretty clear that Guardiola still wasn't interested in retaining him.

Edit, I didn't notice that Xiang'er was logged in.
    -wanlie
    Thanks for the info. Let's see if the deal goes ahead and Barça able to see Eto'o off.

Thanks for the info. Let's see if the deal goes ahead and Barça able to see Eto'o off.
    There are some quotes in from Pep this story regarding Eto'o.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...nsfers&cc=5901

Unlike Deco & Ronaldino the problem with Eto'o is not his work ethic, but rather that his personality is supposedly rather abrasive.

There are some quotes in from Pep this story regarding Eto'o.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...nsfers&cc=5901

Unlike Deco & Ronaldino the problem with Eto'o is not his work ethic, but rather that his personality is supposedly rather abrasive.
    Not sure how the player feels since the remarks came from the manager/coach. It's interesting that Eto'o ignores the offers from other clubs and choose to stay with Barcelona despite all these issues.

Deco is known for dressing room issues. It seems Mourinho has a way to deal with him since he was able to make Deco play his best.

The deal will go ahead.

I rate Eto'o above Ibrahimovic but £38million + Eto'o and Hleb on loan for a year is ridiculous.

Ibrahimovic is (in the current market) a player worth around £35million, however Barcelona are paying £38million and Eto'o (I value at £40million) which I find ridiculous.

In my opinion, the money should be spent on David Villa who would cost £40 million. My reasons? Villa is far more industrious, a team player as well as a clinical finisher. Although Ibrahimovic has a lot of talent, Villa is a far better player for Barcelona. A front three of TH14 Villa Messi would be so deadly.

Guardiola said at the start of his reign Eto'o could go. He showed he was ready to let go of deadwood and Eto'o disruptive influence has meant that he'd probably go since he wouldn't sign a new contract.

As for Hleb, he deserves his failure for betraying the mighty Gunners. Its kind of obvious Hleb wouldn't have got into the first team with Xavi Iniesta and Yaya Toure playing in midfield.

As for Man City, too many mercenaries, too many strikers, awful defence. Some say they'll knock us (Arsenal) out of 4th place, but we don't care about 4th place. The league is ours!

Just my two cents.

Forgot to say- Deco thought he was bigger than the club- look how he's failed at Chelsea now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Bob View Post

As for Man City, too many mercenaries, too many strikers, awful defence. Some say they'll knock us (Arsenal) out of 4th place, but we don't care about 4th place. The league is ours!

Just my two cents.
    Yeah, but you have got to admit that Man City has the financial muscle to pay those players. But Man City has got 10 strikers, and so far has gotten rid only about two. They need to keep selling and there's no guarantee about that. They need to strengthen the other parts of the team as well, but they could be an interesting team to watch for the next season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Bob View Post
    The deal will go ahead.

I rate Eto'o above Ibrahimovic but £38million + Eto'o and Hleb on loan for a year is ridiculous.

Ibrahimovic is (in the current market) a player worth around £35million, however Barcelona are paying £38million and Eto'o (I value at £40million) which I find ridiculous.

In my opinion, the money should be spent on David Villa who would cost £40 million. My reasons? Villa is far more industrious, a team player as well as a clinical finisher. Although Ibrahimovic has a lot of talent, Villa is a far better player for Barcelona. A front three of TH14 Villa Messi would be so deadly.

Guardiola said at the start of his reign Eto'o could go. He showed he was ready to let go of deadwood and Eto'o disruptive influence has meant that he'd probably go since he wouldn't sign a new contract.

As for Hleb, he deserves his failure for betraying the mighty Gunners. Its kind of obvious Hleb wouldn't have got into the first team with Xavi Iniesta and Yaya Toure playing in midfield.

Just my two cents.

Forgot to say- Deco thought he was bigger than the club- look how he's failed at Chelsea now.
    A lot of Barca fans rate Eto'o above Ibrahimovic which I find surprising. I think Ibrahimovic is more creative and has better skills than Eto'o. I think he will surpass Eto'o's goal total with Barca from this past season.

Barcelona wanted Villa and he wanted to go to Barca. Given his experience playing with Xavi & Iniesta for Spain I think he would have fit into the team very quickly. But apparently Valencia did not want to sell. LaPorta has been reported as claiming that Villa told him that Valencia had indicated to Villa that for a certain price they would let him go. But that when Barca made an offer for more than the quoted price Valencia turned it down. In that circumstance Ibrahimovic is a pretty good alternative and his height will bring a dimension that Villa wouldn't have.

As for the price for being too high maybe but Eto'o really didn't have much value for Barcelona. He wasn't going to sign with them and after the deal to send him to Man City fell apart, it was quite possible that he would have left on a free transfer after this season so I don't think including Eto'o in the deal for Ibrahimovic added much anything to the price from Barca's point of view.

By the way, there are reports that Hleb is balking at going on loan and that Hleb was part of the Maxwell deal and not the not the Ibrahimovic deal.

Portsmouth has accepted £10 million for Peter Crouch.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...ee-agreed.html

On a sidenote, when do you guys think Owen Hargreaves will be back for Man Utd? He's been out for so long I've nearly forgotten about his existence.