Thread: online poker

Default online poker

I signed up for Fulltilt Poker and it's pretty easy to win $ since the competition isn't that great, but I didn't realize that under Bush, depositing money into an online "gaming" account is outlawed. Mastercard and Visa neither allow transfers.

That's pretty crazy. Why not outlawed stock trading too?
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

is online gambling illegal in the US? how about Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by jiang bao View Post
    I signed up for Fulltilt Poker and it's pretty easy to win $ since the competition isn't that great, but I didn't realize that under Bush, depositing money into an online "gaming" account is outlawed. Mastercard and Visa neither allow transfers.

That's pretty crazy. Why not outlawed stock trading too?
    u can actually get pass that through another thing, but i forgot what it was called. cause i was into online poker like 2-3 years ago and i remember i use this 3rd party thing and it works.

stocks = investment = good for economy, so no outlaw

plus stocks isnt gambling!!!
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

I got around the problem using another deposit method, but it's stupid that they (Republicans) would outlaw online gambling and yet be for deregulation of businesses. They are ok with random people having easy access to guns too... lol. Republicans...

Anyway, I only play for very low stakes. Gotta be careful playing online because the scripts aren't really random.
    Last edited by jiang bao; 06-20-09 at 09:40 PM.

I got around the problem using another deposit method, but it's stupid that they (Republicans) would outlaw online gambling and yet be for deregulation of businesses. They are ok with random people having easy access to guns too... lol. Republicans...

Anyway, I only play for very low stakes. Gotta be careful playing online because the scripts aren't really random.
    that is true, i actually never used real money for online poker. i won a freeroll tournament a few times, then use those to play in cash table

but now im just focused on stocks

Stocks are riskier than poker since they are more expensive and you have less control of the outcome IMO.

Online poker is totally less random than real life poker. Probably not intentionally, but there's problem with the random number generation I would guess. I wouldn't rule out it being intentionally programmed to bring more action (more betting, more rake for the house). Things also seem to be extremely streaky. Sometimes, no matter how big a favorite I am going in, I can't win. Other times no matter how stupid a call I make, I suck out. So when I see myself losing bad beats, I just log off and quit, then log back on later.

Yesterday I lost a hand where I was a 95 percent fav. going in. QQ vs. two other guys who both had 77 - taking away the 7 as an out. I have never gone in with the overpair against the same two pairs before. Almost 50:1 favorite, and I lost the only time the situation has come up. LOL

Stocks are riskier than poker since they are more expensive and you have less control of the outcome IMO.

Online poker is totally less random than real life poker. Probably not intentionally, but there's problem with the random number generation I would guess. I wouldn't rule out it being intentionally programmed to bring more action (more betting, more rake for the house). Things also seem to be extremely streaky. Sometimes, no matter how big a favorite I am going in, I can't win. Other times no matter how stupid a call I make, I suck out. So when I see myself losing bad beats, I just log off and quit, then log back on later.

Yesterday I lost a hand where I was a 95 percent fav. going in. QQ vs. two other guys who both had 77 - taking away the 7 as an out. I have never gone in with the overpair against the same two pairs before. Almost 50:1 favorite, and I lost the only time the situation has come up. LOL
    lol

stocks actually not risky, although u have less control, but u can actually predict what would happen as oppose to poker where even if u got a very good hand u can still lose

I would rather risk my $ at the poker table than in the stock market, but that’s just me hehe. I have a 11% return so far and I get a bonus from the site for signing up, so not too bad despite the bad beats I have taken. But then I found out my bank charged me $10 for falling below the minimal balance requirement after I withdrew funds for poker. (I use a special cheap account for online transactions in case someone tries to hack and steal) Damn.

I would rather risk my $ at the poker table than in the stock market, but that’s just me hehe. I have a 11% return so far and I get a bonus from the site for signing up, so not too bad despite the bad beats I have taken. But then I found out my bank charged me $10 for falling below the minimal balance requirement after I withdrew funds for poker. (I use a special cheap account for online transactions in case someone tries to hack and steal) Damn.
    lol but 11% is not bad, how many days have u spent on there? i would take the 11% and run cause u know gambling man, sooner or later u will lose not only what u earned but even more of course im not trying to jinx u or anything, but just saying. (i learned my lesson) anyways congrats

I've won $11 in 3 weeks. I only play the lowest stakes (2 cent blinds) so it is not that easy to build it up. But if you subtract the $10 fee from the bank, I've won nothing. I can earn up to $100 in bonus from the site just by playing, so I should earn a profit from this.

If I was playing the house, I would take it and run, but it's possible to beat other players over the long run as long as I play better than them.

(If it wasn't for Bush making credit card companies not allow transfer to the site, I would have avoided the fee since I would have used another bank account)

what was the flop on the table? I can't see you loosing with an over pair like that (any combo that makes the pair of 7 win?).

online poker is a pit, no one wins but the host. the smartest way to gamble is to NOT gamble, and take the sure money, that's what all the pros decided when they open those poker site, no matter who wins or lose they still get money .

It was a 3 way preflop all in shove. I was so happy when I saw them both flip over 7s. Only to have a straight draw flop (at this point I was like “ah shiet”), then a safe turn, then a 8 on the river completes the straight. Such BS.

I’ve lost a hand despite flopping a FH before when the guy made dumb calls with a gutshot straight draw and then hit running Js to complete a higher FH, but this one was much harder to take.