Thread: Asia's biggest iron ore mine (3 billion tons) found in Benxi China

Default Asia's biggest iron ore mine (3 billion tons) found in Benxi China

Asia's biggest iron ore mine (3 billion tons) found in Benxi China

http://ceconomy.blogspot.com/

Benxi - A huge iron ore resource with more than three billion tons of proven reserves has been found in China's Benxi, Benxi Municipal Government said on Tuesday, making it one of the biggest iron ore mines in Asia.

It’s reported that this iron was found during the second exploration of the city, which is based on the city's fifteen years of geological data. After it was reported to the China Geological Survey, it was perambulated by a team of geologists.

The team made 17 exploratory holes to explore the mine. Iron ore was found in 12 of the holes, covering an area of four kilometers long, three kilometers wide.

According to antecedent survey, a complete core of iron ore has been detected 1,100 to 1860 meters. High-grade resources can even be found underground 2015 meters. The bottom and border zones haven’t been reached, said the team. The identified reserves available are more than three billion tons.

Meanwhile, the Dataigou mine has features of deep-buried depth, wide-spread ore body, steep obliquity and big scale of ore body. The iron deposit is a giant mixture of magnetite and hematite, with iron ore grade between 25% to 62%.

Shaoshi Xu, head of Minister of Land and Resources, paid a site visit there, urging the local government to do their best to make full use of Asia's largest iron ore mine for the nation and local as soon as possible.

This will have an impact on the iron import of China, but assumes that the mine will take years to develop.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

depends on the quality of the body. If it's crap quality ore like the rest of what china has so far, they'll still be importing from australia and brazil.

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    This will have an impact on the iron import of China, but assumes that the mine will take years to develop.

Han Solo
    Damn. And I was getting all ready to go digging, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post

Han Solo
    Good for china and I agree things won't change anytime soon as it take a long time to produce any iron.