$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.crazychinesewoman.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/gor.jpg')
A “Laughing Gor” Film (prequel) to shoot in May and release in August
Laughing Gor’s role has been a hit among Netizens, although in the “E.U.” finale he reappears again, but it still could not satisfy the viewers, as many of them complained. TVB took this into consideration and will collaborate with Shaw Brothers to bring Laughing Gor onto the big screen. The new film will be directed by Herman Yau and is expected to begin shooting in May. The expected release date is in August 2009.
Michael Tse relied on Laughing Gor to become a hit, yesterday he accepted an interview from “Be My Guest” with Stephen Chan. Stephen gave him 5 gifts, including: fragrence, electronic photo frame, alcohol testing device, a “Laughing” plate made from 68 1997 special edition 5 dollar coins and also the contract for the film “Continuation of Laughing’s Destiny 2009″ (Laughing????2009). When Michael saw the contract, he covered his mouth and smiled: “today is April 1st wor! (April’s Fools)” Stephen Chan then expressed that the contract is real, but Michael requested everyone at the scene to shake hands and autograph it to prove so. The film will be a prequel of Laughing Gor and will also continue on from “E.U.” Stephen also welcomes a real undercover to give some advice; As to the other cast members, Stephen said that the film will recruit Movie Stars and that there is a possibility TVB artistes will be cast. Asked about the budget for the Laughing Gor film, will it need to be adjusted? Stephen said: “The budget will be reasonable. It won’t be like the budget of a television series though, the budget is personal.”
Currently filming for new series “The Pride of My Husband”, he originally was going to collaborate in a series with Liza Wang after, but because of the new Laughing Gor film, he had to give up the collaboration with Liza. Towards TVB especially created a film just for him, Michael was very happy and said: “I was really surprised just now because I never thought of shooting the film version. And today is April 1st, it is even more surprising. I thank the audience for loving the character so much. Without their support, there will not be this surprise today.” As to how much TVB invested into this film, he feels that it is a rare opportunity, he will try his best to shoot the film, will not disappoint anyone. He said: “But I’m not sure how the story will go, maybe I will take the initiative to contact the director to talk about it. (Do you hope the original cast will be able to make this debut with you?) Of course, but the decision is not mines, will see how TVB arranges it because I don’t want to be sharing things that are not my own. (Has the pay been adjusted?) I just found out about the film, the details of the contract, I haven’t even looked at yet!”