Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Working out thread

Sure, if you're some stick thin dude who doesn't work out like warlock (if you don't work out, why are you even in this thread giving out advices?) then push-up is a great exercise and will give you an extra kg of n00b muscle, but when you can do, say, 40 push-ups, with ease then you gotta move on to heavier weights.

You don't get "toned" doing high reps. That's a load of sh!t. The "toned" look comes from having some decent muscles and low body fat - the latter being the key.

Heavier weights & low reps don't necessarily translate to mass either. Mass comes from your diet. Muscles don't come from thin air.

foxy, try doing dumb bell flys & side plank.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Well yeah, bench presses are still the #1 way to get chest muscles. But there's always room for pushups no matter what stage in development you are. It's one of the best all-in-one exercises for toning your upper body. BTw how many bench presses can you do?

High reps give you endurance no?
    Heavy weights, low rep to fail gives you bulk, low-mod rep of next weight down builds strength was how I was taught.

Is there an age where bulking is optimum, ie least effort/time per kg.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Oh ya, yesterday I widened the grip on the pulldown by about 6 inches and felt the difference. Started doing dips too (I think that's what they are called)
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    Sure, if you're some stick thin dude who doesn't work out like warlock (if you don't work out, why are you even in this thread giving out advices?) then push-up is a great exercise and will give you an extra kg of n00b muscle, but when you can do, say, 40 push-ups, with ease then you gotta move on to heavier weights.

You don't get "toned" doing high reps. That's a load of sh!t. The "toned" look comes from having some decent muscles and low body fat - the latter being the key.

Heavier weights & low reps don't necessarily translate to mass either. Mass comes from your diet. Muscles don't come from thin air.

foxy, try doing dumb bell flys & side plank.
    i'm pretty fat, doing push up is hard for me.

I practice martial arts, do leg lifts, and 100 sit-ups a day minimum. I'm still pretty scrawny for a girl who works out regularly, though. I wouldn't want to be beefy, anyway. Blargh

Oh ya, yesterday I widened the grip on the pulldown by about 6 inches and felt the difference. Started doing dips too (I think that's what they are called

ya...started doing them wide a while back and found its a bit harder on the lats.. Once you can do about 3 sets of 16, try leaning back and sticking your legs out when you do it..makes it worlds harder...or you can just try it with weights.. personally never tried it myself but seen a wack of guys do it in the gym with 45 plates..looked rough...
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Quote Originally Posted by Qin_Shu_Bao View Post
    I practice martial arts, do leg lifts, and 100 sit-ups a day minimum. I'm still pretty scrawny for a girl who works out regularly, though. I wouldn't want to be beefy, anyway. Blargh
    the key here is efficiency, it's very very common for people to do things at high rep. The reason is that their body adapt and uses a minimal amount of energy to do the task. Which in turn sucks for the one who tries to exercise. The key to exercise is to push the body limit and do things it's doesn't normally do.

If you want a little more beef, it's probably better to switch up to other types of exercise that is similar to doing situp (there's a bunch). they work the muscle in slightly different manner and it'll give you a better kick.

Whoa! i also try to do 100 sit-ups and 90 push -ups everyday. I seriously think its the worst pain than doing any other excercise. Btw, u must have a pretty nice looking stomach ^_______________^
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

Quote Originally Posted by Mini T-Mac View Post
    Whoa! i also try to do 100 sit-ups and 90 push -ups everyday. I seriously think its the worst pain than doing any other excercise. Btw, u must have a pretty nice looking stomach ^_______________^
    Is that how much you can do in a row? If you can do over 75 sit-ups and over 55 push-ups in a row, that is considered top end. Push-ups i can do only 60 in a row and i already have a pretty well-toned chest. If you can do about 90 in a row that's considered amazing.

im pretty light in weight but i never pushed myself to do more than 50 push-ups in one go. i try to do 2sets (50pu) and then off to sleep.
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

extension dives, footwork, speed and agility, core work, hand eye coordination, balance, etc...
    "I'd call you a genius... but I'm in the room."
    -Doctor Who

YOu don't wanna be too ripped anyway. Then you start looking like a dude. Not cool. Ladies should have a higher body fat pct. than males. Having a little fat on the trunk of the body is normal. The bad proportion is when most of the weight goes to the upper arms and thighs, and nothing goes to the right places.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner