View Poll Results: Can one insult bring down years of friendship for you?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely not.

6 25.00%
  • Yes, if it's the "right" kind of insult.

18 75.00%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can one insult bring down years of friendship for you?

Default Can one insult bring down years of friendship for you?

In your view, can one insult bring down years of friendship for you?

What kind of insult are we talking about? Something in jest or something serious?

For me, yes. I wouldn't take shit from anybody.

No. I'm not usually easily insulted.
    "I'd call you a genius... but I'm in the room."
    -Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    What kind of insult are we talking about? Something in jest or something serious?
    I believe the worst are serious insults that are disguised as jokes.

Yon Brutus of Gaul, brute indeed be thy character as thy name, who doth wound Caesar misguided to save Rome. Alas, brutish as thy Gallic nature is, cannot recognize that in wounding Caesar only thus is accomplished, and Rome is yet unsaved. Peace twas offered to you, in both light and shadow, and spurned peace you did in thy brutish way. Now, the streets of Rome run red with the blood of old friends 'til thou doth acknowledge thy brutishness and art acknowledged once again in return.

- The Ken Vinci Code

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I believe the worst are serious insults that are disguised as jokes.
    What the hell is Ken Vinci code?

Yeah. Those types of jokes are hidden jabs at the expense of the target. I say end the friendship or beat them up What kind of good friends would try to score points off you? They aren't showing you any respect so why should u?

What the hell is Ken Vinci code?
    This is the Ken Vinci Code.

For those who can interpret and decode it, it will provide answers to what I mean.

Yeah. Those types of jokes are hidden jabs at the expense of the target. I say end the friendship or beat them up What kind of good friends would try to score points off you? They aren't showing you any respect so why should u?
    You're right. I'll do as you suggest.

It means I lose a friend, but I'd been losing this friend for a long time anyway. This just makes it final.

Yon Brutus of Gaul, brute indeed be thy character as thy name, who doth wound Caesar misguided to save Rome. Alas, brutish as thy Gallic nature is, cannot recognize that in wounding Caesar only thus is accomplished, and Rome is yet unsaved. Peace twas offered to you, in both light and shadow, and spurned peace you did in thy brutish way. Now, the streets of Rome run red with the blood of old friends 'til thou doth acknowledge thy brutishness and art acknowledged once again in return.

- The Ken Vinci Code

It means I lose a friend, but I'd been losing this friend for a long time anyway. This just makes it final.
    Would Hui Mun Keung take shit from anybody?

Would Hui Mun Keung take shit from anybody?
    He wouldn't, and neither will I, anymore.

A part of me regrets this. This friend...was once like a brother to me. Metaphorically speaking, we shed our blood together in many battles over the years, and we always had each other's backs.

But lately, instead of watching my back, this "brother" of mine has sought every opportunity to stab it instead.

So regrettably, he is my brother no more.

- The Ken Vinci Code

He wouldn't, and neither will I, anymore.

A part of me regrets this. This friend...was once like a brother to me. Metaphorically speaking, we shed our blood together in many battles over the years, and we always had each other's backs.

But lately, instead of watching my back, this "brother" of mine has sought every opportunity to stab it instead.

So regrettably, he is my brother no more.
    Brothers watch each other's backs and help each other out. People who insult show no respect for the other and are doing it either to boost their own ego or doing it to have fun at another's expense. That's like a complete 180 degree change.

Hui Mun Keung would probably beat the other guy up. Rules of gangsterism

Brothers watch each other's backs and help each other out. People who insult show no respect for the other and are doing it either to boost their own ego or doing it to have fun at another's expense. That's like a complete 180 degree change.

Hui Mun Keung would probably beat the other guy up. Rules of gangsterism
    *Nods*

I know what I must do, though it pains me to do it.

I feel betrayed by this brother, but perhaps he first felt betrayed by me...because I became the enemy we had fought so long and hard against together.

This confrontation has been years in the making. For at least a year now, we have been brothers in name only.

- The Ken Vinci Code

*Nods*

I know what I must do, though it pains me to do it.

I feel betrayed by this brother, but perhaps he first felt betrayed by me...because I became the enemy we had fought so long and hard against together.

This confrontation has been years in the making. For at least a year now, we have been brothers in name only.
    Have you tried confronting him about it and talking about it? This is probably one of those "silent" things that go between 2 friends right?

Nah. Usually jokes are fine. If he goes over the line, I’ll tell him not to joke about that again. If he does it again or jokes at my expense in front of people with the intent to accentuate himself, I will probably fight him afterwards or do the same thing to him until we end up fighting to air out the aggression. Not worth it to end a relationship on something like an insult or joke.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

In your view, can one insult bring down years of friendship for you?
    My crisis-dar just went off.

The way it's written is awful lot like the last crisis
    (a question for topic title, followed by one sentence in the body)

Please don't tell me that you had another crisis, that was somewhat suppressed by the Yang Guo Crisis but now has risen to the top of the surface, in which you were best friends with some dude or gal, and then you said something which ticked them off, and 15 years later it's still bothering you.

Do take a break between crises!
    Last edited by PJ; 06-30-09 at 05:05 PM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.dccomics.com/media/desktop_patterns/Infinite_Crisis_7_1024x768.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    My crisis-dar just went off.

Please don't tell me that you had another crisis, that was somewhat suppressed by the Yang Guo Crisis but now has risen to the top of the surface, in which you were best friends with some dude or gal, and then you said something which ticked them off, and 15 years later it's still bothering you.
    It's a new crisis indirectly sparked by the old crisis.

But this time, there's no romantic love involved. It's a conflict between brothers (not biological brothers, but for a long time, ideological brothers).

Do take a break between crises!

I wish I could, but they keep coming at me, and each one seems to trigger the next one.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.dccomics.com/media/desktop_patterns/Infinite_Crisis_7_1024x768.jpg')
    Let us hope that it's the

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://treskomikeros.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/fc.jpg')

It's a new crisis indirectly sparked by the old crisis.

But this time, there's no romantic love involved. It's a conflict between brothers (not biological brothers, but for a long time, ideological brothers).
    Personally i prefer friendship crisis over romantic ones any day of the week.

Personally i prefer friendship crisis over romantic ones any day of the week.
    Friendship crises are, generally, much easier to deal with and leave fewer long-lasting ramifications.

Still a b*tch to go through them, though.

Friendship crises are, generally, much easier to deal with and leave fewer long-lasting ramifications.

Still a b*tch to go through them, though.
    Yeah still tough to go through. The worst is one where your buddy goes after a girl you like (even though he knows that you are going after her), bringing out the competitive fire between you two.

Without knowing the context of your situation, i would say in general, One would need patience and tolerance, as well as forgiveness after all if Your friends had endured with you.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control