Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Queen / Queen of No Marriage 败犬女王 (Cheryl Yang and Ethan Ruan)

Default My Queen / Queen of No Marriage 败犬女王 (Cheryl Yang and Ethan Ruan)

Since nobody seems to have posted anything on this idol drama yet, let me be the first!

Quite enjoyed this series. Love the quirky supporting characters and the ending, even though it's not the traditional main-characters-get-married-and-live-happily-ever-after type.

I disliked Lucas' late girlfriend Han Xiangyun though - she was too whiny and forever throwing tantrums over small things! :P
    Last edited by junzi; 07-01-09 at 07:32 AM.

Wow, really nobody had watched this show yet?

yes, i've read it in the newspaper..but not really watch it..i heard tat cheryl yang shot to fame after this series

Quote Originally Posted by junzi View Post
    Wow, really nobody had watched this show yet?
    I had to edit the title because according to dramawiki it is known as My Queen.

Plus, I've watched many of those jie di relationship dramas and that's probably why I haven't watched it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Wong View Post
    yes, i've read it in the newspaper..but not really watch it..i heard tat cheryl yang shot to fame after this series
    Really? She's been in a lot of dramas since 2003.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Really? She's been in a lot of dramas since 2003.
    yes..actually i first noted her as Xiao Ma (the news reporter who had an affair with Qiu Qing Cheng) in The Hospital..she is quite pretty with long hair..and she was the heroine of many Andy Lau's MVs

about this series, i have not watched, but will be if have the chance because it is not shown in my local TV station yet..i believe that many will be watching this series because of Ethan Ruan..

Started watching this yesterday and really love it, definitely not the usual Taiwan Idol drama. Going to buy the DVD and keep it.
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

-- Miles Vorkosigan quoting his grandfather (Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory")

It's a good show. I find the Sanli drama series the only watchable taiwanese idol dramas these days. All the other production companys make shows with horrible storylines

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

I finished watching this series two weeks ago; I really liked it. There were so many things I could actually sort of relate to:
    Wushuang’s insecurities, mentality and also the mentality and problems of Wushuang’s old classmates in uni.
    The three theme songs were also very catchy.
    In general I thought this was not the average Taiwanese idol drama.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

this series is really good, i like the main girl's acting, and the plot didn't exaggerated like other Taiwan dramas

Is this series new or old??? It seems to be getting a lot of praises. Maybe I will give it a try...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Is this series new or old??? It seems to be getting a lot of praises. Maybe I will give it a try...
    Yes, it's recent. It's been out for a few months now. One of Ethan Ruan's series this year.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

can someone give a brief introduction of the series? thanks
    We must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it - but we must sail, and not drift, nor live at anchor (Oliver Wendell Holmes)

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

Firstly, you have to know the term ‘bai quan’ (underdog) which is often used in the series and that it has a different meaning than its English counterpart.
    I have read this in a magazine; apparently a Japanese author wrote a book and she used the term underdog in her work. However, she used the term underdog on herself to describe a 30 odd years old successful but single woman. The book was a huge success and the new connotation of the term blew over to the Chinese language too (especially in Taiwan).

The main character of the series is a reporter called Shan Wushuang. She is 32 months and seven months old, she has always been number one or the best in everything with the exception of relationships and marriage.
    Six years ago, she was dumped at the altar by her lover and ever since she is plagued by her own insecurities.
    Due to her strong and abrasive personality, Wushuang is not very popular amongst her colleagues and former classmates from university. Despite her tough appearance, she is a very insecure but caring woman.
    Ethan (Lucas) is a 25 years old polymath; he’s a medical school dropout due to a tragic event. Now he is drifting from one job to another. Although, Lucas is seemingly very positive and optimistic, he is just putting up a strong façade to hide the fact that he is grieving inside.

Wushuang and Lucas’s crossed paths when Wushuang was on the trail of a hot and juicy story on a cheating politician and stole a bike, which was a Christmas present to an orphanage, and Lucas chased after her in his Father Christmas suit.
    That is the start of a rather unusual friendship between the two of them.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

I'm currently half-way into this series and I really love it! It's been ages since i've watched such an entertaining and captivating Taiwanese drama. The humor is not stupidly over-the-top like most Taiwanese idol shows and the romance and touching scenes aren't the typical cheesy, exaggerated and predictable ones. I really like how they portrayed Lucas' and Wushuang's past relationships, especially Lucas'. The significance and real meaning behind the potted plant his late gf left him was really nice and touching. Also love the music used for this series, especially the piano pieces and the opening theme by Fish Leong.

Last but not least, I really like the lead couple. I never knew who Cheryl Yang was before this and am really surprised by how talented an actress she is. Her emotions, actions and words just seem so natural and realistic; she really manages to make Wushuang an extremely likable character despite all her flaws and really is the highlight of this series. Of course, Ethan Ruan is also doing a great job as the super sweet and caring Lucas as well. Hopefully the series will continue to entertain in the 2nd half.

On a side note, I can't help but draw parallels between this series and K-drama "Dal Ja's Spring". The basic plot and leading couple in here are very similar to DJS- A cool and supposedly poor young chap (who's in fact very rich and intelligent) falling for an older but confident and financially successful career woman.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

it's good. my mum loves it jus as she loves fated to love you, and i have seen several episodes and i like it too. ^^
    not watching anything specific at the moment.

Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog

Love Chen Qiao En, June Tsai, Chen Jingxuan, Eelyn Kok, Shu Chang, and many others

Well Ethan Ruan is getting more popular these days

This series is just airing in Singapore. I watched a few middle episodes, with Wushuang attending the Uni gathering and her ex-fiance coming back.

I must say this story is very original and quite different from Dalja's Spring although both are about older women falling in love with younger guys.

I find Shan Wushuang a very practical character with some good traits to look up to. Couldn't believe Cheryl had been out there for 10 years. Time must have flown.

Wow, such positive remarks from everyone. I confess to being quite infatuated with Ethan Ruan after Fated to Love You. Will definitely give this a try once I find some free time. I initially wanted to spare some time for Autumn Concerto, but heard some mixed reviews on the later half of the show. I'll side with Ethan over Vanness for now

I started watching this a few days ago and blew through it in like a day. Yes it really is that addicting! Suffice to say it is a great show. Among the best I've ever seen from Taiwan. The lead actress is awesome and I had thought Ethan was just a pretty boy but he's rather good at acting himself. Highly recommended!

Probably will post a detailed review sometime soon. =D

u guys know where i can dl e OST?