Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best anime of 2009

Default Best anime of 2009

As most of you probably know the year 2009 has been absolute crap in regards to anime. So I am curious as to what everyones favorite anime of 2009 is?

My personal favorite anime of 2009 is detroit metal city for ovas followed by toaru no majutsu no index. [The tenchi Muyo spinoff ovas hold some appeal to me after watching the first episode but its still too soon to comment]

Feel free to post your alltime #! [ only mention 1 ( i know its hard)] anime. My alltime #1 anime is.. .. .. . .. . I don't know it's too hard to decide since I have liked 3-8 all tied lol!

Has anyone seen Skip Beat anime?
    not watching anything specific at the moment.

Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog

Love Chen Qiao En, June Tsai, Chen Jingxuan, Eelyn Kok, Shu Chang, and many others

JJR volume 2!!!!!!!!

Hajime No Ippo New Challengers!!!

The only anime I'm watching (I'm more a manga-person):

Fullmetal Alchemist - Brotherhood

Wink

Definitely Fullmetal alchemist! One of the best Japanese manga series of all time.

I saw Skip Beat.
    I thought it was reeeeally good.
    I can't wait for it to come out in a drama.

Full metal alchemist for me as well. Didn't really watch much animes this year, only two that I enjoyed would be Natsume no Yujincho and FMA. There's still some time to go before the year officially ends so I guess there's a (very slim) chance that something good will come out?

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs View Post
    Hajime No Ippo New Challengers!!!
    Can I get a fist bump.

Anyone seen Darker than Black? That show looks pretty good from the trailers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    Anyone seen Darker than Black? That show looks pretty good from the trailers.
    Season 2 currently aired in Japan. Episode 2 done with fansub, episode 3 aired tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by rosely View Post
    Season 2 currently aired in Japan. Episode 2 done with fansub, episode 3 aired tomorrow.
    How's the series, any good?? BTW have u finished watching Code Geass? I got hold of season 1 but i heard the second season was pretty good.

How's the series, any good?? BTW have u finished watching Code Geass? I got hold of season 1 but i heard the second season was pretty good.
    Finish Geass? Yes R1 and R2 last year. Well, I dunno what to say about GEASS, but trust me that show is super wicked crazy awesome, yes that is literally not figure of speech, haha . It's on a very different level compare to other anime. Completely unpredictable till the end.

About Darker Than Black, yes it's good, just watch it and continue with 2nd season. The 2nd season storyline setting primarily takes place in Vladivostok, Russia. This series is dark, very mysterious, mature and violence. Definitely not pokemon type anime haha, means not for kids.

Finish Geass? Yes R1 and R2 last year. Well, I dunno what to say about GEASS, but trust me that show is super wicked crazy awesome, yes that is literally not figure of speech, haha . It's on a very different level compare to other anime. Completely unpredictable till the end.

About Darker Than Black, yes it's good, just watch it and continue with 2nd season. The 2nd season storyline setting primarily takes place in Vladivostok, Russia. This series is dark, very mysterious, mature and violence. Definitely not pokemon type anime haha, means not for kids.
    Great, looking forward to the series... BTW, how much anime have u watched? U seen to know and watched all the latest titles.... Any fave animes from all the ones u seen?

Great, looking forward to the series... BTW, how much anime have u watched? U seen to know and watched all the latest titles.... Any fave animes from all the ones u seen?
    Haha, I'm what you call in anime fandom, an archivist or a collector. We download fansub almost anything and everything. Only the last couple of years that I start selecting what I want to download. But still for every season (Winter, Spring, Summer, Autumn) anime, I download more or less about 10 series and that happen since 2000.

So imagine I got at least 40 series each year. Lots of it I still not watch but the mainstream one i watch where otaku talk a lot about it in anime forum. Such as

FMA
    Ippo
    Eureka Seven
    Blood Plus
    Basara
    Higashi no Eden
    ToraDora
    Skip Beat
    Clannad
    Genshiken
    Minami Ke
    Nodame Cantabile
    Shakugan no Shana
    Bakemonogatari
    Gundam 00
    Twelve Kingdoms
    FMP
    Claymore

well there are just too many to lists haha. Those list are a combination of romance and badass

Haha, I'm what you call in anime fandom, an archivist or a collector. We download fansub almost anything and everything. Only the last couple of years that I start selecting what I want to download. But still for every season (Winter, Spring, Summer, Autumn) anime, I download more or less about 10 series and that happen since 2000.
    Wow ur a crazy anime fan.... i'll ask u for ur opinion as i go through certain anime titles. i'm not much a downloader, i usually buy the dvd sets when I can but they usually come kind of late. even code geass season 2 isn't fully released yet. I just finished watching RahXephon, Gungrave and Death Note and have Count of Monte Cristo and the older Gundams on my to-watch list. Any thoughts on those? Have u seen the new Evangelion movies yet? I've only seen FMA and Eureka 7 on your list. I have LOT of anime to catch up since i just got back into my anime groove again. I think u seen the most anime out of everyone i've encountered....
    Last edited by Ghaleon; 10-22-09 at 12:38 AM.

Wow ur a crazy anime fan.... i'll ask u for ur opinion as i go through certain anime titles. i'm not much a downloader, i usually buy the dvd sets when I can but they usually come kind of late. even code geass season 2 isn't fully released yet. I just finished watching RahXephon, Gungrave and Death Note and have Count of Monte Cristo and the older Gundams on my to-watch list. Any thoughts on those? Have u seen the new Evangelion movies yet? I've only seen FMA and Eureka 7 on your list. I have LOT of anime to catch up since i just got back into my anime groove again. I think u seen the most anime out of everyone i've encountered....
    All those anime in bold are a good selection. However I recommend you to try Eureka Seven. That is also a very deep, meaningful, ambitious, complex, epic and extremely romantic anime on the same level of badass and awesomeness with GEASS.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/garrett850/psalms-of-planets-eureka-se.jpg')

Evangelion movie? You means the Rebuild of Evangelion, the Evangelion theatrical version tetralogy? No, not yet. I only have the first movie:

- Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone

I'm going to wait until all four comes out and after i rewatch the old 26 eps series.

Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance, will be released in Singapore theater on the 12 November 2009 at The Cathay/The Picturehouse. I might be going there to watch it before my flight to Edinburgh on the 14th. I never watch anime in a cinema before haha.

Oh, I forgot another great and epic anime that you should try:

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. This is created and produced by Gainax, the same company who bring us Furi Kuri and surprise! - Evangelion. So expect the show to be philosophical, but still awesome, funny but serious mecha fight and filled with comedic element. The setting is a post-apocalyptic world ala City of Ember.

@rosely,

Yup, i already seen Eureka 7. I even bought the soundtrack for it Have u seen the movie for it yet?

Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance, will be released in Singapore theater on the 12 November 2009 at The Cathay/The Picturehouse. I might be going there to watch it before my flight to Edinburgh on the 14th. I never watch anime in a cinema before haha.
    They showed Evangelion 1.0 over here in Toronto at the theatres for one special day but i missed it because of school I seen the trailers for it and the animation looks so much better than the original TV series.

Oh, I forgot another great and epic anime that you should try:

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. This is created and produced by Gainax, the same company who bring us Furi Kuri and surprise! - Evangelion. So expect the show to be philosophical, but still awesome, funny but serious mecha fight and filled with comedic element. The setting is a post-apocalyptic world ala City of Ember.
    I got the DVDs for Gurren Lagann but haven't had the chance to watch it yet. What kind of style is it?? Is it one of those adventurous mecha's?? So far Eva and RahXephon are my favorite mecha anime.

I heard you mentioned Clannad. Is that any good? What's that one about?