Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best anime of 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    @rosely,

Yup, i already seen Eureka 7. I even bought the soundtrack for it Have u seen the movie for it yet?
    Nope, but I just check usenet, and there is the fansub DVD posted there almost 4 months ago, haha. I'm downloading. Thanks for reminding me .

They showed Evangelion 1.0 over here in Toronto at the theatres for one special day but i missed it because of school I seen the trailers for it and the animation looks so much better than the original TV series.
    They created new CGI for the series and it will have a different ending and the angst and dread is toned down to make it more mainstream audience friendly.

I got the DVDs for Gurren Lagann but haven't had the chance to watch it yet. What kind of style is it?? Is it one of those adventurous mecha's?? So far Eva and RahXephon are my favorite mecha anime.
    Yes, it's adventurous but it's filled with funny moments but when you look at it deeper, it's philosophical, well it's Gainax, the same group who do Eva. It's not in the same vein with the Gundam series.

I heard you mentioned Clannad. Is that any good? What's that one about?
    Haha, I dunno if you like it, but Clannad is a romance anime. But it is indeed very good, both S1 & After Story

Quote Originally Posted by rosely View Post
    Nope, but I just check usenet, and there is the fansub DVD posted there almost 4 months ago, haha. I'm downloading. Thanks for reminding me .
    Let me know if its worth watching The ending of Eureka 7 felt a little bit rushed. I didn't like what Dewey did what he did at the end. All that build up and planning and he does what he does.

They created new CGI for the series and it will have a different ending and the angst and dread is toned down to make it more mainstream audience friendly.
    Yeah i'm curious how they are going to change the ending. The final 2 episodes were dreadful and the EoE was kind of trippy. I hope they tie up all the loose ends.

Yes, it's adventurous but it's filled with funny moments but when you look at it deeper, it's philosophical, well it's Gainax, the same group who do Eva. It's not in the same vein with the Gundam series.
    Great, i'll probably watch this one in the near future. U play RPGs? I'm still looking for an anime that can match Xenogears. To me that's like the best mecha anime even though its a RPG.

Haha, I dunno if you like it, but Clannad is a romance anime. But it is indeed very good, both S1 & After Story
    Is it Shoujo?

Great, i'll probably watch this one in the near future. U play RPGs? I'm still looking for an anime that can match Xenogears. To me that's like the best mecha anime even though its a RPG.
    Xenogears always holds a place close to my heart. You ever played Xenosaga? I wonder if it lives up to the name.

Is it Shoujo?
    This is the animereactor TAGS for Clannad

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/garrett850/clannad.jpg')

No I'm not playing game that much. I'm only either into watching, reading or listening haha. Once in a while I play Karaoke and Guitar Hero on XboX

cool. I just see it ranked so high on those best anime lists so it must be good. but its a romantic comedy... not sure if guys who love action and adventure (like me) can get into those. Is it kind of like Love Hina? I thought that was pretty good.

Xenogears always holds a place close to my heart. You ever played Xenosaga? I wonder if it lives up to the name.
    I played episode 1 but i couldn't get into it like i did xenogears. to this day xenogears remains my favorite rpg ever.