Thread: Best Kung-fu scenes in movies

Default Best Kung-fu scenes in movies

What are some of the best kung fu scenes in movies?

Here's one -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6abecTih3Xw

Jet Li's Jeet Kune Do versus Traditional Kung Fu.

Jet Li is quite flashy with his Jeet Kune Do. He bobbles up and down like a boxer, dodging attacks from his opponent left and right, he unleashes lightening quick lead punches and crosses, and he does some kicks at the end. This is one of the best fight scenes i seen in a movie. It was from the movie Fist of Legend and Jet Li is paying tribute to Bruce Lee's Jeet Kune Do.

So post up pictures or movie clips of the best kung fu fight scenes u've seen in a movie.
    Last edited by Ghaleon; 07-03-09 at 08:23 PM.

too many to list, but a recent one by donnie yen in "ip man"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qhPDEOYbx4

btw that jet li one rocks!!!
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    too many to list, but a recent one by donnie yen in "ip man"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qhPDEOYbx4

btw that jet li one rocks!!!
    Donnie Yen was awesome in that fight. I like his punch barrages. His punch combos are pretty fast.

Bruce Lee scenes aside, the alleyway battle between Donnie Yen and Wu Jing in Sha Po Lang was pretty epic. Heard it was unchoreographed, too.

Jackie Chan versus Benny the Jet in Wheels on Meals ranks as one of the best-choreographed fight scenes in my memory. The kicks are so precise that Benny extinguishes several candles with it -- no special effects. Drunken Master 2 is also up there.

I know Jackie Chan is not true kung fu, but you gotta admit some of his fight scenes are ingenious.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.fasthack.com/images/weblog/2006/04/wheelsonmeals.jpg')

thats a really hard topic to pick a favorite on but this is a personal favorite intro

http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-530...ts-theater-19/

its from The Lost Kung Fu Secrets pretty awsome stuff

I like old-school a lot.
    I've got many favorites but the one that always seems to come to my mind is the duel between Wai Pak and Fung Hak-On in Last Hurrah for Chivalry. Fairly slow and too obviously staged and what not by modern standards but I don't give a heck about modern standards... My favorite movie swordfight I think... (It's not only the cool choreo but also the cinematography and the overall feel of the scene. That - and I like Wai Pak a lot. Though Fung Hak-On is definitely a better screen fighter...)

But there's more of course... The "calligraphy fight" in Magnificent Butcher - or the awesome fight between Yuen Biao and Lam Ching-Ying (and Wai Pak & Yuen Miu) in the same movie, Frankie Chan vs. Lam Ching-Ying in Prodigal son, Toad vs. Snake in 5DV (mainly for that cool "matrix" thing that Snake does towards the end of the fight, not to mention the cool combo of Lo Meng and Wai Pak - though neither of them, especially not Wai, performs their best in that fight), the insane ballet in the Flag of Iron finale, pretty much all knife fights in Chang Cheh'sThe Duel, the bloody mayhem in the finale of Vengeance (got a thing for fights that feature David Chiang with a knife or two), almost any fight featuring Lo Meng or Wang Lung Wei, The Cheeky Chap finale... And many more...

As for the modern action - I think that Donnie Yen vs. Wu Jing in the SPL alley fight is one of the best fight scenes ever.
    Last edited by Cesare; 08-03-09 at 07:17 PM.
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

Jackie Chan (Rush Hour 2) and Jet Li (Tomb of the Dragon Emperor)

Any martial arts movies with Jet Li, Donnie Yen and Wu Jing are sure to have great fighting scenes. Vincent Zhao has great martial arts too but he wants to be known more for his acting than his martial arts.

Btw, Donnie Yen is not only great in Ip Man but he's much better in Flash Point where he shows his skill in mixed martial arts.
    Last edited by Surferket; 08-16-09 at 05:41 PM.

I've just put up my movie synopsis on Jet Li's Fist of Legend with all the fight clips. This includes Jet Li's version of that immemorable multi kick scene in the karate dojo.
    Please enjoy the videos. Fist of Legend is one of my fav martial arts movie but pity it's not well known.

Any more movies like the magnificent butcher???

QF
    有了你開心D乜都清心滿意鹹魚白菜也好好味