Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Turn On/Offs

Default Interesting Turn On/Offs

Sort of inspired by the which qualities is worse thread, but just a general thread about what people's more specific (or quirky) turn on/offs are when it comes what attracts you to the sex you're interested in. Can be personality to looks to everything else.

I guess for me, the biggest turn on/off looks-wise for a guy is hair. If a guy has bad hair (and that's anything from style to hygiene), it's an immediate turn-off for me. Hair is the first thing I notice on a guy and it's something I continue to notice throughout. Nice hair can immediately make me feel more attracted to a guy, and bad hair can make me instantly feel turned off by the same guy.
    This is also something I notice when it comes to judging whether or not I think a male celebrity is attractive. For example, the only times I have ever thought of certain men to be attractive was when they had nice hair.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

I've always told my clueless male friends that the first things women notice about a guy are his hair and his shoes. This is because women spend a crazy amount of time on their own hair & shoes that they tend to be more critical about those things.

For me, a big turn on/off is how a woman moves her hips. I'm a dancer so I pay more attention to that than the average guy. If she can't at least do isolate hip movements and to the beats, she's out. It's amazing, given the popular stereotypes, how many women can't do those simple things.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    I've always told my clueless male friends that the first things women notice about a guy are his hair and his shoes. This is because women spend a crazy amount of time on their own hair & shoes that they tend to be more critical about those things.

For me, a big turn on/off is how a woman moves her hips. I'm a dancer so I pay more attention to that than the average guy. If she can't at least do isolate hip movements and to the beats, she's out. It's amazing, given the popular stereotypes, how many women can't do those simple things.
    Shoes are less important to me. But the guy's shoes and the rest of his outfit better match. I don't like guys with no fashion sense and who can't dress themselves. You don't have to wear brand names or designer clothing, but you just need to be able to coordinate.

And for hair - I cannot stand buzz cuts (it's probably the biggest turn-off). Also, overly spiky hair with way too much gel is just disgusting.

For girls - I like girls with red and pink hair, or even just darker reddish-brown. Of course again, the style and hygiene needs to be good as well. I sometimes see girls with pink hair in the shape of a mullet, and I'm like "that's not attractive to me."
    My love and my agony.

Turn-ons: Humour, the eyes of confidence, a sunshine smile/persona, above average EQ, unique responsiveness, and frank persona.

Turn-offs: Low EQ, difficult persona, self-centered, shallow and selfish tards.

And, I don't waste time with morally dumb people.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 07-08-09 at 01:52 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Turn-offs
    Strong smell/fragrance is a turn-off because it gives me headache. I guess a little touch of cologne is alright. Of course, if the smell is a result of not having a shower for a week, ewww.

Shaking his leg when sitting. It looks unpleasant. If I can feel the shaking, like we are sharing the same bench, it will cause nausea. I once saw a rather cute guy whom I didn't think he was cute the moment he sat.

And the way the guy carries himself, like he's some drop dead gorgeous male and every female should fall for him.

Massive piercings, especially lips/tongue and tattoos.

Overly muscular.

I know this is no fault of his to be born this way but too much chest hair is a turn off too

Turn-ons
    Voice. I can't pinpoint exactly what type but an individual's voice has a higher chance to be a turn-on than looks

Kindness. Even simple gesture like giving up seats, hehe.
    Last edited by BearBearNweather; 07-08-09 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BearBearNweather View Post
    Turn-offsMassive piercings, especially lips/tongue and tattoos.

Overly muscular.

I know this is no fault of his to be born this way but too much chest hair is a turn off too
    I forgot to mention: I like tattoos and piercings on guys. That being said, they need to be artistically done, especially tattoos, because tattoos for me is an art. If a guy has a generic or crappy tattoo, it's a turn-off. But an artistically done tattoo is very sexy. I also am not a big fan of coloured tattoos, unless they are done exceptionally well. I'm not into the spikey piercings that go through your chin (like the guy from Disturbed used to have), but I like things like lip rings, studs, eyebrow piercings, etc.

I do agree with the last two though: I don't like overly muscular guys. I like my guy to have a bit of a "tummy," because it's cute and huggable. As long as a guy's fit, that's good enough for me.

Chest hair is disgusting. And even though it's something natural, there is a thing called wax. I mean, if a girl is expected to wax her legs and stuff for a guy, the guy can equally be expected to wax his chest.
    My love and my agony.

Oh how can I forget??

Turn-ons: People who doesn't mind being silly/goofy once in awhile. "*Cartoony people" and people who suddenly breaks out jokes during tense moments. Yeah, you can say humour rules over me!

People around the art region, definitely!

Turn-offs: People who can't differentiate (usually cynical ones) humour and seriousness.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Personality wise, my biggest turn-ons are guys that are witty, confident, considerate, outgoing and articulate.

Physically, I think it's a huge turn-on when a guy smiles to reveal a set of perfectly aligned, white teeth. I also think it's a turn-on when he has really nice skin. Turn-offs are any signs of bad hygiene, basically (yellow teeth, greasy hair, dirty/long fingernails etc.). Height (or lack, thereof) is also a major turn-on/off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded WenEr View Post
    I forgot to mention: I like tattoos and piercings on guys. That being said, they need to be artistically done, especially tattoos, because tattoos for me is an art. If a guy has a generic or crappy tattoo, it's a turn-off. But an artistically done tattoo is very sexy. I also am not a big fan of coloured tattoos, unless they are done exceptionally well. I'm not into the spikey piercings that go through your chin (like the guy from Disturbed used to have), but I like things like lip rings, studs, eyebrow piercings, etc.
    I like tattoos and piercings on guys, too, but the thing is, he can only have one or the other. I've yet to see a guy who could pull off both without looking tacky. That's just me, of course. Obviously, the tattoos have to be done in taste, as you've said. I also find it really attractive when a guy has a single piercing on the eyebrow, for some reason.

Believe it or not...im attracted to good lookin snooby, b*tchy girls.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by oGaKirA View Post
    Believe it or not...im attracted to good lookin snooby, b*tchy girls.
    Actually, that's not too difficult to believe, given that a lot of girls are attracted to the good looking, arrogant jerks.

I hope this doesn't sound shallow but a nice pair legs and do not weigh more than me. And also kind hearted + feminine
    Last edited by milKBoi; 07-08-09 at 06:05 AM.
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

Quote Originally Posted by Mini T-Mac View Post
    I hope this doesn't sound shallow but a nice pair legs and do not weigh more than me. And also kind hearted + feminine
    Long legs seem to a common turn-on among men and females

I was thinking about those big, long dragons on the back like those chinese triad leaders in movies or tattoos of curvy females.

Chest hair is disgusting. And even though it's something natural, there is a thing called wax. I mean, if a girl is expected to wax her legs and stuff for a guy, the guy can equally be expected to wax his chest.
    Are we the minorities? I seem to be given the impression that the general view of chest male is sexy.

Need to add two more turn-offs:
    Males who apply nail polish or makeup. I see an increasing number of young guys coloring their fingernails black, is that the new definition of being cool?
    Last edited by BearBearNweather; 07-08-09 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skylee View Post
    I like tattoos and piercings on guys, too, but the thing is, he can only have one or the other. I've yet to see a guy who could pull off both without looking tacky. That's just me, of course. Obviously, the tattoos have to be done in taste, as you've said. I also find it really attractive when a guy has a single piercing on the eyebrow, for some reason.
    Check out Miyavi - the guy has tattoos and piercings, and looks amazing.

I was thinking about those big, long dragons on the back like those chinese triad leaders in movies or tattoos of curvy females.
    Those seem generic. So it'll take a lot of originality to make them look good.

Are we the minorities? I seem to be given the impression that the general view of chest male is sexy.

Need to add two more turn-offs:
    Males who apply nail polish or makeup. I see an increasing number of young guys coloring their fingernails black, is that the new definition of being cool?
    I know a lot of people who find chest hair gross.

Nail polish and make-up on guys: my view is, unless you're Adam Lambert or a Jrocker, it will look stupid and emo.
    My love and my agony.

PERSONALITY WISE: MAJOR MAJOR turn-on are guys that has a decent sense of humor and doesn't throw rude, offensive jokes. not "funny".
    - the way they carry themselves. guys that are REAL. i get that you're trying to impress me and i'm flattered, but at least have a little genuine on the side.
    - and guys that are not afraid to put his ego to the side and be nice& respectful. i know a lot of dickheads that throws jokes to one of the female friends and they all laugh their asses off-- in the whole group, there's at least one guy that doesn't go along and actually gives the girl a concerned look and knows his buddy ****ed up big time. aw.

LOOK WISE: i REALLY think i have a fetish for a guys' nose, lol. if i find a guy with a nice nose, chances are, i'm some-what attracted to you already lol.
    - yeah, hair as mentioned before. hair can make or break a person, easy as that.
    - height. TALLER than me please. preferably 5'9+... not too easy to find an asian guy, hah.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

turn offs on girls: tatoos, piercing other than on ears (and/or too many piercings on the ear), hair color is bright, circle lens that make ur eyes bigger, fake eye lashes, hairy arms, insanely skinny, too much make up, not-confident (if i ask a question and they answer i dunno, maybe, probably, not sure)

yes im picky
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

It is really interesting reading everyone's responses... I have noticed for a lot of the people that I know that before they actually marry or fall in love say that they want this and that... Then.. viola... they end up with exactly the opposite of what they wanted...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by kay &!* View Post
    PERSONALITY WISE: MAJOR MAJOR turn-on are guys that has a decent sense of humor and doesn't throw rude, offensive jokes. not "funny".
    - the way they carry themselves. guys that are REAL. i get that you're trying to impress me and i'm flattered, but at least have a little genuine on the side.
    - and guys that are not afraid to put his ego to the side and be nice& respectful. i know a lot of dickheads that throws jokes to one of the female friends and they all laugh their asses off-- in the whole group, there's at least one guy that doesn't go along and actually gives the girl a concerned look and knows his buddy ****ed up big time. aw.

LOOK WISE: i REALLY think i have a fetish for a guys' nose, lol. if i find a guy with a nice nose, chances are, i'm some-what attracted to you already lol.
    - yeah, hair as mentioned before. hair can make or break a person, easy as that.
    - height. TALLER than me please. preferably 5'9+... not too easy to find an asian guy, hah.
    You must be really tall if you want someone that is 5'9 or taller... I for one don't need to worry about height since I am really short. I am only 4' 10. I have seen some tall asian guys before, but tall to me can be short for you. 5'9 is already really tall to me....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    It is really interesting reading everyone's responses... I have noticed for a lot of the people that I know that before they actually marry or fall in love say that they want this and that... Then.. viola... they end up with exactly the opposite of what they wanted...
    That's why there's the ideal list and the watered down yet still realistic list. I think the most important things remain the same in the ideal and realistic list. It's only the superficial things that change.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Check out Miyavi - the guy has tattoos and piercings, and looks amazing.
    Just looked him up... not exactly my cup of tea, but I admit there is something intriguingly attractive about him.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    turn offs on girls: tatoos, piercing other than on ears (and/or too many piercings on the ear), hair color is bright, circle lens that make ur eyes bigger, fake eye lashes, hairy arms, insanely skinny, too much make up, not-confident (if i ask a question and they answer i dunno, maybe, probably, not sure)

yes im picky
    That doesn't sound very picky to me.

Quote Originally Posted by kay &!* View Post
    i know a lot of dickheads that throws jokes to one of the female friends and they all laugh their asses off-- in the whole group, there's at least one guy that doesn't go along and actually gives the girl a concerned look and knows his buddy ****ed up big time. aw.
    Aww, cute

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    lol, well, I think most of what are included in these lists are simply turn-ons/offs, not exactly deal sealers/breakers. Sometimes, a person will meet all your criteria, but if there's no chemistry between you two, it's just not going to work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post

pro dancer? or just stripper dancer?