Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 70

Thread: chivalry is still alive?

  1. #41
    Senior Member Trinie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    i don't agree with the ego thing... it's not about ego, it's just being fair to both sides.

    normally if girls do things for a guy it's call "desperate" but if guys do things for girls it's "ok" "normal". I find it a little odd.
    What the heck?? How is it that girls doing things for a guy makes a girl "desperate"
    but guys doing things for girls is considered "normal" or "ok". Sorry, but like JadedWenEr said, it is just high school mentality which is what I think you need to grow out of....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

  2. #42
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    i don't agree with the ego thing... it's not about ego, it's just being fair to both sides.

    normally if girls do things for a guy it's call "desperate" but if guys do things for girls it's "ok" "normal". I find it a little odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    you can have fun with people who doesn't need you to do all that stuff just to show that they have power over you.
    Wow, you really have a big issue over these small gestures. Most people just do this because they care for their special someone, but, you make it into a power game.

    Anyway, it's not required, but, it will be a nice gesture and will certain add points for the guy.

    Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    Alot of asian girls find it appauling that I'm not willing to do that crap.
    Don't date those girls then if you have such a big issue with this. There are many type of girls out there. There are girls whose boyfriend treats them like crap and they still stay with the guy. So, I'm sure you will find a girl who won't need you to do all those things.

    Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    i wouldn't say mad, because it's a stupid reason to be mad. Not having a gf is pretty normal to me, I'm an only child, you figure how much I hang out with people. And I CAN have one if I want to, it's not hard for me. I understand the game well, and I play it well when I want to.
    If you are going to see this as a game (instead of a caring gesture) and are so grudging about it, just be yourself. No point being chivalrous when you are going to whine about it inside.
    Last edited by kidd; 07-14-09 at 09:50 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,919

    Default

    I don't do them acts. I just talk about them. If I've done them it'd be over with, no need to talk about it.

    I do have a problem with these small things. And no, it's not a HS thing, it's a problem that exists at college, and up till 30 IMO, becuause I've seen guys over 30 in similar situation.

  4. #44
    Senior Member xJadedx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,866

    Default

    The point is that, such views on relationship to me, at least, seem immature and SHOULD only exist at a high school level. Of course, there will be people like this at every age.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

  5. #45
    Senior Member kay &!*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    319

    Default

    once again, talking as if your head is up your ***.
    nothing new.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kay &!* View Post
    once again, talking as if your head is up your ***.
    nothing new.
    so you insult people online for fun? This is an honest question. You cuss alot, and that really sounds like you're tough, is that the real you? or you just hiding behind a mask online? another honest question.

  7. #47
    Senior Member kay &!*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    so you insult people online for fun? This is an honest question. You cuss alot, and that really sounds like you're tough, is that the real you? or you just hiding behind a mask online? another honest question.
    sure.
    but if you said such bullshit in rl and i knew you in rl, i'd say the same thing.
    HAHAHA.
    yes, the real me.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded WenEr View Post
    The point is that, such views on relationship to me, at least, seem immature and SHOULD only exist at a high school level. Of course, there will be people like this at every age.

    so you're saying that we men should do the small things for our ladies because we love them and we do it as a nice gesture? that's understandable.

  9. #49
    Senior Member kay &!*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    so you're saying that we men should do the small things for our ladies because we love them and we do it as a nice gesture? that's understandable.
    BWAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!
    you're ****ing hilarious dude.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kay &!* View Post
    sure.
    but if you said such bullshit in rl and i knew you in rl, i'd say the same thing.
    HAHAHA.
    yes, the real me.

    k, just wanted to know.

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kay &!* View Post
    BWAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!
    you're ****ing hilarious dude.
    thanks. i appreciate it. but please don't give me any more compliment, i'm not interested.

  12. #52
    Senior Member xJadedx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    so you're saying that we men should do the small things for our ladies because we love them and we do it as a nice gesture? that's understandable.
    In a true and mature relationship, yes - the man does small things for his woman because he cares and loves her. It would be the same reason a girl would do nice things for her guy in a mature relationship. A relationship that functions, lasts, and is actually fun to be in is one built on love, respect, and trust. It's never going to be about mind games or delusions of power.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

  13. #53
    Senior Member kay &!*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    319

    Default

    seriously, stop acting dumb.
    you shouldn't take what i say to the heart; but that doesn't mean i'm wrong either.
    actually, i am right. but that's nothing new with you
    trying to make your posts more "sensible" now instead of the half-assed answers you used to pull?
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

  14. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kay &!* View Post
    seriously, stop acting dumb.
    you shouldn't take what i say to the heart; but that doesn't mean i'm wrong either.
    actually, i am right. but that's nothing new with you
    trying to make your posts more "sensible" now instead of the half-assed answers you used to pull?
    I absolute agree. I love how you play with the icons, it's brilliant.

  15. #55
    Senior Member kay &!*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    I absolute agree. I love how you play with the icons, it's brilliant.
    thank you

    p.s. it's no wonder why you have no true friends and no significant other. not that you give a shit, right?
    my last 2 cents.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

  16. #56
    Senior Member Trinie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    so you're saying that we men should do the small things for our ladies because we love them and we do it as a nice gesture? that's understandable.
    What the...??? I honestly don't get why you say these things?? I think it is good for a guy and girl to do these little things for each other just like how you would do it for your family member or friend.BUT like a lot of us have said, there is a balance. You both do them for each other. I personally don't think it is right for a girl or guy to just sit on their butt and make others do things for them without doing something back in return. Just because you don't do them does not mean that there is something wrong with someone that actually does do them.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

  17. #57
    Senior Member Candide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    ( @ )( @ )
    Posts
    4,651

    Default

    warlock, are you trying to convince girls that they should not like and ask for nice things that guys do for them? Good luck!
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

    "I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

  18. #58
    Senior Member Trinie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    warlock, are you trying to convince girls that they should not like and ask for nice things that guys do for them? Good luck!
    First of all, it is NOT just about guys doing things for girls. It is about girls doing things for guys too.... You guys make it seem like we are just defending the girls and saying that only guys should do things for girls while girls just sit there and accept all of these nice gestures. I often defend the guys too since I have 7 brothers and really hate it when their lazy wives and girlfriends just sit there and make my brothers do everything for them... My mom hates it too....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

  19. #59
    Senior Member kay &!*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    First of all, it is NOT just about guys doing things for girls. It is about girls doing things for guys too.... You guys make it seem like we are just defending the girls and saying that only guys should do things for girls while girls just sit there and accept all of these nice gestures. I often defend the guys too since I have 7 brothers and really hate it when their lazy wives and girlfriends just sit there and make my brothers do everything for them... My mom hates it too....
    lol Trinie, he didn't say it was right or wrong for the girl to do things for the guy.
    the topic of this thread IS about chivalry.. something people associate with the GUY doing things for the girl.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

  20. #60
    Senior Member Candide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    ( @ )( @ )
    Posts
    4,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Sorry, I'm going to have to break with most of the guys here. Although some of the things, I've never done or really even seen done (shelling shrimp? really?), I have no qualms against doing things like opening doors, pulling out chairs, or even helping carry her bags. Why? Well, simply put, she's my girl. I like to take care of her. If a few small gestures that don't cost me anything will make her feel happy/taken care of, why not? I'll take care of her, and in turn, I expect her to take care of me as well. Isn't that the clinical definition of a relationship?
    In that case, mate, it's not chivalry anymore. You're in a relationship. It's your job!
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

    "I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Similar Threads

  1. How to keep a rose alive?
    By PJ in forum Academia
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 08-17-07, 02:14 AM
  2. Sexiest woman alive
    By gilbertl in forum Actresses
    Replies: 186
    Last Post: 01-03-07, 05:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •