Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Wind power---a 'can of worms'

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post

Why not, if pollution makes lot of chinese people sick then it can greatly affect the economy. We are not talking about simple flu, but deadly sickness such as cancer which is incurable and cost lot of money for medication. If pollution keep getting worse where water is severely shortage with polluted air, there could be lot and lot of unrests. This is indeed a very good news for the US as China will have to spend of its time and money to deal with its internal conflicts and will never able to catch up to the US.
    I don't think manpower will be a problem for China anytime now, so your argument is moot.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by jiang bao View Post
    Well, I should know better than this (so I guess that makes me stupid), but what are ya talking about? Another one of those observations from bizzaro world.
    nice one, baobao, nice one!
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Why not, if pollution makes lot of chinese people sick then it can greatly affect the economy. We are not talking about simple flu, but deadly sickness such as cancer which is incurable and cost lot of money for medication. If pollution keep getting worse where water is severely shortage with polluted air, there could be lot and lot of unrests. This is indeed a very good news for the US as China will have to spend of its time and money to deal with its internal conflicts and will never able to catch up to the US.
    Well, the industrial era didn't prevent US from beconing a superpower.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

If only the world worked as simple as TC makes it, we’d have very few problems. It’s like some people remarking on a unseasonably cold day: “so much for global warming.”
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Instead of Solar/Wind power, I think Ethanol is an important part a the the solution. It's clean and is renewable. Here in North America, we have millions of square miles of empty land can be convert into farmland to produce ethanol. Currently, here in Ontario, our gas contains only about 10% of ethanol. If we can mass produce ethanol oil, we can increase it to much higher than the current level.

Probably the best strategy is not overly rely on any one particular source of energy, but diversify and spread usage to different types of energy source. In that way, less harm will be done by any one of the sources being depleted (and they'll deplete much more slowly) and whatever damage one might do will be offset by the lesser frequency of use.