Thread: Revenge of the Fallen (Transformers 2)

Default Revenge of the Fallen (Transformers 2)

Is there no thread on this movie?

I saw it several weeks ago. It was disappointing and confusing cuz of all the generic Decepticons and Constructicons plus crazy plot. You saw the fighting robot thing in the first movie, so that’s worn off. And during the fighting you can’t even tell what’s going on most of the time due to the crazy camera angles. I wanted to see some character development (it IS a Michael Bay movie so I guess I am kidding myself). I liked the first movie much better. At least the bots had some personality. And where the hell was Ratchet? Did he even have one line? I only noticed Sideswipe say one line too (when he sliced up that Decepticon). The random Pretender at the college is weird too.

Damn maybe if Sam Raimi had control of this movie franchise, it’d be better.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

i was also very disappointed by this movie. part 1 had some substance in it, and part 2 was a total joke! sure, the cgi was good but that does not make for a 2.5 hour movie.

click to show/hide spoilers
    robots transforming into human beings? what the heck is that all about. that's not transformers!

there were moments that i thought were pointless and were inserted just to stretch the movie.

the mom being high on drug? she was so darn annoying and such a waste of my time and nerves having to watch that scene. it was so pointless and frustrating.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Bots who changed into humans are called pretenders. They are part of the TF toyline. And other TF series such as Beast Wars and Beast Machines feature robots that are a mix of organic and metallic material. But the inclusion of her in the movie was simply to sell toys (I assume). If the Cons want to spy on Sam, they coulda used any small bot that transformed into everyday objects. Like Frenzy and Wheelie.

oh, thanks for the info. hmm...i still like the original so much more. i left the theater thinking that the story line was super solid when i saw the first movie. however, i couldn't say the same for the sloppily put together part 2. it was fun to watch at times but in no way memorable.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

The scene with Sam's mom getting high at college is uncalled for. In reality, most mom's wouldn't even dare to do this in front of their son or daugther[what were they thinking]. As for the metalitic female, well that was spontanous. We will see how this one does, if they will be moving forward to Transformers 3[I hope there are more autobots].
    Last edited by mind_wander; 07-21-09 at 07:41 AM.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

First let me just say I've forgotten what the good robots are called and what the baddies are?

I just watched this movie recently and I have to say I was quite dissapointed with quite a few things. It was my most anticipated movie this year since I absolutely loved the first one. As mentioned there seemed to be too many unnecessary scenes with the parents. They really didn't need to show them at the university and instead of being funny, it was a bit annoying. Another annoying thing was those two twin robots, the red and green car, I think they were meant to be there to inject humour but I didn't find them very funny, or I felt the humour was too forced, unlike the first one. And what happened to Bumblebee? He was the star of the first movie, but in part two he only did that cute crying scene in the garage, the part where he "fixed" the girl, and basically the rest of the movie he just transported them around Eygpt. Okay I'm a fan of Bumblebee, so I was expecting him to play a bigger part in the second especially since ...
    Optimus Prime dies
    and apart from Bumblebee, I wanted to see more of the other robots from the first movie, not newer ones.

Okay I'm gonna say it and I'd probably get yelled at by the majority of Male (and maybe some female) posters here but I also thought that Megan Fox (her character) was quite annoying in this second part, her lines were really corny, and they had too many scenes of her running, in slow motion, of course wearing low singlet tops. But white pants? in a dusty desert? But that wasn't what annoyed me about her, it was some of the lines she said, the manner it was delivered and she also came of as really needy and a bit of an air head in part two.

The script and storyline was quite flawed, some parts seemed like it was added along the way, it didn't quite gel together, and I felt they didn't emphasise the emotions of the robots (i know they are robots) but I didn't feel anything for them (unlike the first one like when Bumblebee was hurt). actually the only one I felt for was that old one.

On a more positive note, I loved the action scenes, there were more baddies to knock out and more grander scenery, and bigger robots.
    Jessica Hsuan + Louis Koo = Amazing Chemistry!

"มารอยู่ในจิต สวรรค์อยู่ในใจ"
    Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

Quote Originally Posted by mind_wander View Post
    The scene with Sam's mom getting high at college is uncalled for. In reality, most mom's wouldn't even dare to do this in front of their son or daugther[what were they thinking]. As for the metalitic female, well that was spontanous. We will see how this one does, if they will be moving forward to Transformers 3[I hope there are more autobots].
    I think she got high accidentally from eating what she thought were normal brownies, so she wasn't getting high in front of her kid - though I kinda do remember her holding a bag of "mary jane."

I didn't really mind that whole sequence. The parents are supposed to be goofy and embarrassing parents. Just a sidebar joke. That on its own wouldn't have ruined the movie, had the movie been any good.

I wonder how much input Hasbro has on the film, because Hasbro wants to sell and sell more toys/merchandise so you can understand how they would push for the inclusion of more characters. (I know that they did this for Beast Wars, which resulted in characters constantly changing their appearances and the strange and abrupt appearances of new characters, which was a black mark in an otherwise intelligent and well written series)

I miss the generation 1 looks for the robots (Autobots and Decepticons, Sutisa). I realize that in “reality,” robots would look more like in the live action movie, but iono, they just didn’t make much of an impression on me, mostly cuz I can’t think of what they look like most of the time.

It was disappointing. The (sex) jokes were lame. The twin robots yapped nonsense too much. Sam's roommate was annoying. The ending battle was too short, how could The Fallen just fall like that? The thing I like is
    how Optimus Prime came back to life stronger. The battle scene in the forest was good too, probably my favorite.

I liked the parents scenes. They were funny and tied to their last scenes which revealed who really was the one who could let go of Sam and who couldn't.

The forest fight was nice but too confusing. I thought they brought back Megatron but there were too many look-alikes strutting about. I simply couldn't tell which is Megatron (especially since I'm not familiar with the Transformers franchise).

I don't really remember what happened in part1, but why was a fragment of the AllSpark with Sam? Did he touch it too in part1 and if he did, how come nothing happened to him back then?

But yes, the last fight was too easy and that's very off, considering how three or four Primes back then were unable to fully defeat the Fallen.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

A piece of the All Spark got caught in Sam’s hoodie that he was wearing in part one as he killed Megs with it. He never realized it. I assume that the All Spark affects humans now because it’s broken, whereas before it contained its energy.

I do agree that the Fallen was victim to the usual movie villain fallacy. Built up to be so strong, and then sucks in crunch time. One possible, albeit weak, explanation, is that the Fallen may have had the support of his followers (who became the Decepticons) while the Primes may not have had as many or any supporters. (Notice in the beginning that the Fallen had with him a bunch of hostile bots)

It’s actually a major plot hole. Why would the Primes sacrifice themselves to hide the Matrix of Leadership with the Fallen still running around? With them gone, now the Fallen can do anything he wanted. Apparently the Fallen feared the Primes, so why not just regroup and try to kill the Fallen?

Another question is why Optimus seems to have never heard of the Fallen, and where was the Fallen all these years? (Obviously we all know the real reason is the writers didn’t have the Fallen in mind when they wrote the first movie)

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    It was disappointing. The (sex) jokes were lame. The twin robots yapped nonsense too much. Sam's roommate was annoying. The ending battle was too short, how could The Fallen just fall like that? The thing I like is
    how Optimus Prime came back to life stronger. The battle scene in the forest was good too, probably my favorite.
    Yeah Sam's room mate was quite annoying and it didn't help that he was mostly with those yapping twin robots! Actually I do not see the significance of his character beyond the University campus. Though I do like that one scene where he went to electrocute the guard. That scene was quite funny.
    Jessica Hsuan + Louis Koo = Amazing Chemistry!

"มารอยู่ในจิต สวรรค์อยู่ในใจ"
    Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

The movie was awesome especially the part when the Decepticons tries to catch Sam!