Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Embarrassing Moments in your life

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    I blame the American health system. Don't they offer free, effective psychotherapy up north? Ok neither do Aus. How do you lose two fitted sneakers in a fall?
    I don't know about the USA - but I know that my university offers free psychological therapy and counseling that is covered under our health insurance.

As for the sneakers - I don't know. It takes skills to do that :P.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

I was at a school assembly and I had a can of Coke. I opened it in front of lots of people and the thing exploded! Edit: The liquid gushed out of the can at considerable pressure and it went all over the student sitting in front of me (oops!). He jumped and was obviously terrified. (sorry!) There was Coke everywhere and I ended up cleaning up the mess. Needless to say how embarrassed we were, but all the other students loved it! =p
    Last edited by Bubblegum; 09-15-09 at 04:43 PM. Reason: rephrased some bits

This particular moment sticks out to me as most embarrassing because it isn't one of those "Oops" moments where you could simply laugh it off (not at the time, at least) because you had no control over the situation.

It was my 1st year in Chinese school, and I was given 3 days to memorize and recite a poem for the school competition. Since I wasn't proficient in the language at the time, the pressure of standing in front of all the other kids and their parents made me panic, so I forgot my lines half-way through the poem and had to step off the stage. Worst yet, I had to come on stage again to retrieve a pity award at the end of the competition. I remember the head of the school announcing something like, "Unfortunately, one child panicked and forgot her lines today (I wonder who that child is!), but that's okay because there's always next year," as I stood there wishing to bury myself. So that was my 15 minutes of "fame".

My life has generally been one long embarrassing moment.

Then I got used to it... and I became a shameless gwanny.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

I blame technology. So I was exiting a store, and this lady was walking behind me. She was talking on her bluetooth asking if the person wanted something, and me being in front of her turned around cause I thought she was talking to me. She then told the person on the line something like "this girl is looking at me" and laughed as we both exited. I felt like this guy below in the commercial. :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khn1d6LQ8PU
    Last edited by So Yen; 08-20-10 at 01:35 AM.

I have just experienced one of the most embarrassing moments in my life. I was feeling thirsty at home, so I went outside to by a drink from vending machine. And when I tried go back one stupid cat came out of nowhere and sat in front of out door of the building. I had never a courage to approach a cat before. So I helplessly waited the cat to go for one hour. Also I left my cell at home, thus I couldn't call any help. Luckily two ladies from neighborhood came out, I had no choice but to ask their help to handle cat. They were so surprised and laughing at me. Ahh, that was embarrassing. If that stupid cat harass me again, I will call police.
    "Big Hero Linghu kills frogs with the Dugu Nine Swords!”

Quote Originally Posted by odbayarb2000 View Post
    I have just experienced one of the most embarrassing moments in my life. I was feeling thirsty at home, so I went outside to by a drink from vending machine. And when I tried go back one stupid cat came out of nowhere and sat in front of out door of the building. I had never a courage to approach a cat before. So I helplessly waited the cat to go for one hour. Also I left my cell at home, thus I couldn't call any help. Luckily two ladies from neighborhood came out, I had no choice but to ask their help to handle cat. They were so surprised and laughing at me. Ahh, that was embarrassing. If that stupid cat harass me again, I will call police.
    I'm just curious, are you a guy or a girl? : ) And aww, I think that cats in general are quite lazy so they wouldn't hurt or jump at you if you don't do something vicious to them first. Unless by cat, you actually meant something else, hope there's no next time huh?

Quote Originally Posted by So Yen View Post
    I'm just curious, are you a guy or a girl? : ) And aww, I think that cats in general are quite lazy so they wouldn't hurt or jump at you if you don't do something vicious to them first. Unless by cat, you actually meant something else, hope there's no next time huh?

I am full grown man. thus it's more embarrassing. I don't know why but I have always been afraid of cats. They seem mysterious and dangerous.
    "Big Hero Linghu kills frogs with the Dugu Nine Swords!”

C'mon everyone, keep posting! Some of these stories are really funny! If you have encountered any new funny moments in your everyday life, please share with us.

I'll kick off. In 2008, my year 10 class, I was sitting down when I noticed a mosquito flying around me. I grabbed my pencil case, not realizing the zip was open, and I tried to hit the bug. I MISSED it and instead, a pen came flying out and hit my english teacher. He responded saying 'Am I that bad?' We all LOL'ed.

mines inappropriate haha
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

i got my hand caught in a busdoor due 2 an unattentive busdriver, and ended up running like that for like a block........